“Great sweets” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Pasticceria italiana dal 1945
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great sweets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

lovely place to pick up a quick sweets or pastry
love the pistachio puffs. it explodes in ure mouth. their cafe latte also is amazing. i always go there for take away. its a bit pricey though but really worth it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The Perfect Sweet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love to eat! I actually plan trips around where I can get great food - making Italy a slam dunk choice. When traveling I have discovered the hardest of high quality food to procure is a high quality pastry . In search of the perfect pastry in Milan, I frequented COVA, and many other local pastry shops. I discovered Castelnuovo and my search was complete. Castelnuovo has an exceptional variety - my personal favorites: millefoglie, peach blossom tart, and any of the single serving treats in the case. A constant worry in foreign countries is if I can be understood, English is understood in the shop , allowing me to easily select treats. My second concern when traveling is actually being able to find the shop mentioned in the guidebook. Castelnuovo is very easy to reach by public transportation - take the 14 line towards Bisceglie or the bus 61 - when you see BlueVacanza Travel Agency on via Lorenteggio, get off the 61 bus and look for the street signs you have arrived! Remember this is an Italian shop and will close for an extended lunch. Sweet memories to you!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milan, Italy
“Kindness and lovely pastries in one place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The shop was actually closed but the owner was at the door he saw me outside and let me in. He turned the lights on, and told me about his pastries, and asked me if he could decide which ones to give me after having asked me what my tastes where, he also had me test try the "cheese cake" pasticcino which was absolutely delicious. I can confirm that this place has amazing pasticcini and it is really worthwhile to wander in the outskirts of Milan to have a taste.
Have a sweet day ;)

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC
“Awesome, awesome Pasticceria! A must visit in Milan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of visiting this Pasticceria while we were in Milan in Oct 2012. We happened to find it on Trip Advisor the last night we were in Milan. It required us to hurry across town in order to make it before they closed for the day because we were flying out early the next morning. We made it to the pasticceria about 5 minutes prior to closing. My girlfriend questioned if the hurrying was worth it as we were crossing town to get there in time; once she had her first taste of the delicacies she was doing a happy dance because the desserts were so good. The owners (husband and wife team) were very warm and very accommodating. The wife's English was great. The owners reminded me of my Italian relatives: very warm and welcoming. They truly enjoy and love their business and they want everyone to enjoy their culinary creations as much as they do.They gave us a few free samples and a few free desserts for our trip back to Washington DC. (Thank you so much for the hospitality!) I cannot wait for our next trip back to Milan so I can have more of the delicious pastries here! One word to describe the owners and their pastries: AMAZING!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bucharest, Romania
“Michelin 5 stars Pasticceria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

This place deserves a 100km trip only to meet the owner and be touch his great, attentive customer oriented style. He is the best example of how a family owned business can prospere and survive for hundreds of years.
We were greated personally by the owner who gave us a lot of different sweets to try. Delicious no wonder he have triple our i itially planned budget. He is very friendly and we chatted with us 15-20 minutes about our interests, our country and other stuff.
Everything we have tried was delicious, especially the big cakes (torte).