Was really disappointed by this hotel. My first room was tiny! Barely room for the bed. On top of that the carpets were worn and the decor really old fashioned. I called recption to complain and fair enough - they upgraded me straight away to a "superior" room. Lovely! I thought - it should be of a higher standard. Guess again. The carpets were still really worn, the decor very old fashioned and there wasn't any lights! The lighting was available by 4 lamps around the room - I had to unplug one of those to plug in my laptop so hardly business friendly if not enough power points are supplied!
Anyway with the curtains shut or when it got dark outside the room was very gloomy.
Everything about the hotel just seemed to be really frustrating. For internet in the room you had to pay an additional €11.50 per day - this is the highest rate I have ever encountered in all my business travels and is hardly business friendly. When I think of all the lovely guesthouses I've stayed in which have taken me completely by surprise by providing free Wi-Fi in rooms I can hardly see why this "business hotel" is charging such a rate. Furthermore on the second day the internet connection was so intermittant that I couldn't connect in the evening - when I complained to front desk at 11pm I was informed that I must call the internet provider to inform them. Hell no! I don't call the provider, the hotel has the contract with them, if there is a problem with internet the hotel should sort it out!
I must have given this hotel a real headache as I was quite vocal about how badly I thought the policies of the hotel had been implemented. I don't see why it is marketing itself as a business hotel when for all intents and purposes it is really an expensive guesthouse - just pay an extra €20 a night and stay somewhere more central and a bit more modern.
Oh PS I should mention the front desk staff were mostly pretty cool but this is the only saving grace. Not worth the money and they should re-think one or two of their outdated policies!
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Business Palace Hotel
- Starhotels Business Palace Milan
- Starhotels Business Palace Hotel Milan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starhotels Business Palace. Our friendly and natural home for business travellers in Milan is just six metro stops from the centre in the South East business district, only minutes from the highway and Linate Airport.The Starhotels Business Palace is a superb conversion of an old early 1900s industrial building, an imposing facade with dramatic arched windows and the benefit of generous space throughout. We offer 11 large meeting rooms with a maximum capacity of 340 delegates - one of the largest conference rooms in Milan.In all, there are 247 spacious rooms and suites, Borromeo restaurant and bar and a superb Fitness Room with a stunning panoramic view over Milan. And the pleasure of "Offering hospitality" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Starhotels Business Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.