“standard” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #276 of 434 Hotels in Milan
Budapest, Hungary
“standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Got accommodated for one night for business:
--> Bed is very good, bit firm, good quality linings, I had a very nice sleep
--> bathroom for a 4 star hotel was in my opinion not good enough, needs to be renovated, I found some hair in the shower just after check in, the shower head was not possible to be moved and only stack to the wall, water wasn't running out from the shower fast enough.
--> TV , towels, free cosmetics of good qulaity
--> breakfast OK
--> staff nice and helpful
--> location great

for 140 € bit expensive taking into consideration the quality of the shower, but Milano is pricey so be prepared to pay

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We booked this hotel in Sept with Thomas Cook and arrived 13th June only to find Thomas Cook had forgot to book the room for us. The hotel was full so no rooms available.
The hotel itself is in a good location and we found it quite easily with help from road signs directing us to it. I can't comment on the rooms cause didn't get one but the hotel receptionist was excellent. He could see our distress and cause his English was good he took over our complaint with Thomas cook and phoned them for us. He couldn't of been more helpful
When it turned out thomas cook wouldn't do anything for us they wanted us to book another hotel and claim the money back in a complaint the receptionist found one for us
Not as good as the Ascot and the staff there couldn't speak English so when we asked about bars to go to they couldn't help.. We struggled for the 2 nights we were there to find a bar in the centre couldn't even find a bar to watch the England V Italy match we had to watch this in the hotel bar. . If we had stayed at the Ascot I have no doubt that the receptionist would of been able to help

Room Tip: Even if you have confirmation the room has been booked with Thomas cook I'd still email the hote...
Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Can't fault the location - as others have already said, it's only a (slow) 10-minute walk from the Piazza del Duomo, and trams 16 and 24 stop on the Corso di Porta Romana at the end of the street where the hotel is located, so you can get almost anywhere in the city that is served by public transport very quickly. So it's pretty much perfect if your main reason for visiting is sightseeing.

We found the staff to be extremely polite and helpful.

The hotel itself is clean and tidy, and so was our room. Decor is a bit dated, and whist not tatty, could do with a bit of a makeover.

The breakfast offered was simple with a reasonable choice of fare.

All in all, maybe not a 4-star establishment, but a very good 3-star hotel.

Room Tip: Some 3rd floor rooms have balconies. (We stayed in 324, so I guess it's even-numbered rooms.) OK...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I find Best Western hotels very variable, which isn’t surprising because they are franchise operations and so have no corporate style or identity or consistency of facilities and Hotel Ascot has the appearance of a rather basic, three star hotel; certainly not the four stars as claimed.

Things got off to a bad start when I arrived because I was shown to an extremely small, claustrophobic room with a single bed. I went back to reception and pointed out from my booking.com receipt that I had booked a double room. The room was quickly changed - but with no comment or word of apology. The replacement double room had a comfortable king size bed, even though the room was still on the small size. Mini bar and room safe were included, together with flat screen TV. The open (no door) wardrobe was barely adequate for hanging more than a few clothes and the shower (no bath) was about the smallest I've ever come across. Traffic noise was surprisingly intrusive given the double set of windows and blind – if staying here it’s obviously best to request a room facing away from the front road. I must add that my room bore little resemblance to the hotel website pictures!

The breakfast area was an open space at the end of the large lounge. Breakfast menu was not extensive with a limited range of hot and cold food. The large, very comfortable lounge included a bar although bar service was hard to find. A big plus of the hotel is free and fast Wi-Fi. The location is not particularly attractive in a dull side road but is conveniently within walking distance to the centre and with tram and metro connections close by.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Conegliano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I wasn't really sure what to expect but it was one pleasant surprise after the next. First off it's very convenient. It's about a 6min walk from the underground, maybe 2 min from the 24 Tram stop and 10 min walk from downtown. There's shopping and some good restaurants. The staff is exceptional! So friendly, helpful & kind. They were great with my kids. The room was huge and nice, nice courtyard view. Very nice breakfast. It's a lot greats and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Ok if this hotel was not in a high demand city of Milan, I would not even consider it. But my company booked me in here because it was cheap--only 100 Euros per night. Imagine that price for Milan. The hotel is in a quiet residential side street near to the Duomo (about a 20 minute walk away). The service is ideal. The older Italian who is the front desk clerk is one of the nicest and most accommodating of receptionists and guides. Bless him. The breakfast is ok. The room is a standard room again in need of some updating. But overall, it was all worth the 100 Euros for Milan. Would I stay here again for work? If I was booked by my firm, yes. Would I complain? No. Would I stay here personally? I would consider it given the price and how much more money I would have to spend on Milan shopping hehe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is at aprox 15 minutes by walking from Duomo. It's a quiet street. Missory station(subway yellow line) is at 5 minutes walking. You can use it to go the the train station(5-6 stations).
The receptionists were very helpful(they reccomended us a Japanese restaurant nearby and helped us with the breakfast in the last day).
Rooms were clean. On a 1-10 scale(10 biggest mark) the breakfast was about 8.5. There are some small shops nearby but i couldn't find any supermarket(in case you need it)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business