“Average Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #163 of 432 Hotels in Milan
“Average Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Rooms are comfortable n pretty spacous. During winter outside temp approximately 11 c. there is no air condition, which I think is ridiculous. The guest shld b able to choose whether he or she wants the air condition. Bfast is sufficient nothing fancy. Staff and security personnel friendly and always keeps an eye on guest's belongings. 5 star hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.
Please accept our gratitude for choosing our property and our services; looking forward to welcoming you back.

Katia Di Martino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed five nights on business. First disappointment was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. This is surely a de-minimus requirement now for any hotel chain to provide tea and coffee facilities for guests. Other gripes were the failure to stock up the mini bar regularly (had to ask them three times to do this) and one night the loud music from a function taking place that went on until 11.30pm at night - not great after an exhausting day working (one tip - do not get a room on the first floor). On complaining about this to the reception I was told that my complaint would be forwarded to the manager, but, surprise surprise, did not hear anything back from her.

Positives? The rooms and bathroom are decent enough and breakfast was ok - fairly decent choice. Taxis will arrive in minutes on request at reception. They issue a ticket with the taxi number to you so hang on to it until it comes! WIFI is free if you have silver status (or whatever it is) but otherwise you have to pay. Again, think this should be the norm now for a major hotel chain.

The price, at 101 euros including tax, is I am told quite reasonable for Milan hence the three stars and not two.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor as if a function / party going on you will feel like you are there!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.
We would like to express our sincerest apologies if the quality of the service didn’t meet your expectations; I will be delighted to look after you in occasion of your next stay and I will make sure that everything will be in a perfect order. Please contact me prior arrival (Tel +39 0248521).
Waiting to provide you with a warm welcome back,

Kindest regards,
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

excellent service from check in to check out.
kindness and helpfulness of all. royal welcome and sympathy. only flaw € 16 for a basic breakfast and 3,80€ for a bottle of water in the room. excellent presentation of the room. maid service excellent

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Milan Marriott hotel and for posting your review on tripadvisor.

We are really glad to hear that the hotel and the staff exceeded your expectations. Everybody here work hard on our service delivery and when Guests recognize our efforts we are very happy about that.

Thank you for travelling BRILLIANTLY with Marriott and staying at the Milan Marriott hotel.

Kind regards
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

First hotel where I stayed in Europe. Excellent and neat accommodation. Rooms are spacious and neat. Service is ok. Amenities are good for the value. Luxury affordable! Lobby is worth sitting, rally grand looking for the place.
Breakfast place is quite spacious. Very comfortable. Despite being a very strict vegetarian, I did not go hungry. Service is with a smile and not with a frown or questioning glance!
Free wifi which was not available in Berlin Park Inn or in Paris Crownne Plaza.
Only disconcerting issue: one of our team members lost euro1500 in the room. This was contested by the hotel, which was not in good taste.

Room Tip: All rooms have a road view. Funnily, all rooms are facing residential apartments on the opposite sid...
Dear Sir,

We are glad to realize that you had a great time with us, enjoying our comfortable room, appreciating our service and, above all, the various selection of vegetarian choose we provide at the breakfast time.

Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope to see you in the near future!

Kind regards,
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was staying at Milan Marriott for just one night and stuff happened...
When I checked in and got to my room, the first thing I noticed was half used bottles of bath gel and shampoo in the bathroom.

I tired to use the phone to complain but it didn't go trough so I walked down to the reception on my way out and explained the problem, the girl behind reception desk wanted me to take new bottles and bring them to my room myself even I was clearly heading out with company waiting for me. And yes, I think she apologized half-heatedly at some point.

Then I got an espresso at the hotel bar. it was terrible. Dont believe that in Italy great coffee is everywhere (the best i had was at the airport, both times actually).

After I got to my room I found another housekeeping problem. there was a hole in my towel. No kidding, in a four star hotel...

So sure, the location is nice (a nice 40 minutes walk to the Duomo) the rooms are ok, but i was just shocked by the houskeeping stuff. An dont get me wrong, I stayed at some downright dirty hotels but at least they were cheap and I knew what to expect,t his time I was surprised.

What surprised me even more was the reaction of the hotel staff... like they didnt care. I was offered no kind of compensation, not even a proper apology. To be fair, when I was checking out I asked if they are really going to charge me for the use of their WiFi (13 eur for 24 hours, quite usable actually). After consultation with a manager the receptionist decided they are not.

Yes, I am getting worked up again just writing about the experience. What a shame.

Dear Mr OShon,

We are sorry to hear that your stay at the Milan Marriott did not reach your expectation.

Please know that we take your comments very seriously and have shared them with our management team as part of our constant efforts to improve our service.

I will be delighted if you would call me anytime to talk about these issues; for sure your feedback will be crucial in order to avoid such mistakes happening in the future.

We would like to assure you that the situation you outlined is not typical of the Marriott experience we aim to deliver and we hope that you will give us another chance to show our true level of service.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Over last 5 months, I have stayed couple of times here. Having experienced also other local hotels in Milan, I can say to all travellers please try to select a hotel from a famous hotel chain. Milan Marriott Hotel gives you, what you look for.

The hotel is nicely located on a big street. During summer time you can get the strong smell of jasmines at the entrance. The lobby is big and most of the time crowded by big groups entering in the hotel or other hotel guests. The reception staff is friendly, polite and helpful.

The rooms are big, enabling enough space to move around. The deco is quite stylish, makes you remember that you are in Milano :) You get the same feeling also in bathroom. The cleanliness of rooms was always top. I stayed maybe over 20 days in total and have never had bad experience.

The beds are comfortable and right choice after a tiring day. The breakfast offers wide variety and choice for each taste. I can especially recommend you to get a cup of cappuccino during breakfast. Very delicious!

Overall the hotel staff everywhere (breakfast, bar, reception, enterance, concierge, housekeeping) has been always friendly,smiling, helpful and very kind. Thanks for their great effort, my stays were always nice.

The only negative comment is the wifi in the rooms. Unfortuantely the wifi in rooms are not free (as long as you don't have upgraded loyalty card) and the daily fee for wifi is quite high. There is free wifi at lobby. That's also another reason why the lobby is almost always crowded.

This is a 4 start otel and a great value for what you pay. I can recommend this hotel to everyone, who has trip to Milan on their agenda. If I travel to Milan again, I won't hesitate to book Marriott.

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Milan Marriott hotel.

We are extremely pleased to realize that you fully enjoyed your stay with us, appreciating our service, attention to details and, above all, staff professionalism and attitude.

I will ensure your feedback will be share with all our associate, both to our housekeeping team working tirelessly to service our rooms, the breakfast team, as well as our other departmental staff.

We can not wait to welcome you back again for the new experience and memorable stay!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I can't understand some of the negative reviews about this hotel -- fortunately they did not scare us away. This is a beautiful hotel with a classic "big hotel" lobby. Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was the best we had during our travels in Italy. Quiet room, comfortable bed, down feather pillows, and a great shower. What else can you ask for? We only stayed one night on our way out of Italy to return home but would definitely return if we planned another visit to Milan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review.

We are glad to hear that your stay exceed your expectation and that our HOSTS and service culture let you felt appreciated as customer.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon as you travel BRILLIANTLY with Marriott.

Katia Di Martino

Been to Milan Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!