“Beautiful Property, Friendly Staff, Great Room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #143 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful Property, Friendly Staff, Great Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I can't understand some of the negative reviews about this hotel -- fortunately they did not scare us away. This is a beautiful hotel with a classic "big hotel" lobby. Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was the best we had during our travels in Italy. Quiet room, comfortable bed, down feather pillows, and a great shower. What else can you ask for? We only stayed one night on our way out of Italy to return home but would definitely return if we planned another visit to Milan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review.

We are glad to hear that your stay exceed your expectation and that our HOSTS and service culture let you felt appreciated as customer.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon as you travel BRILLIANTLY with Marriott.

Best regards,
Katia Di Martino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed for a day at the Marriott. This was my second stay and would like to repeat it in future also. I stayed at the upper floors, had lounge facility which was excellent and very courteous staff. The room was impeccable and a very pleasant experience throughout. Bang opposite a wonderful Supermarket with only its location being not so great.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ms SajivKapoor,

We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and were satisfied with the cleanliness of hotel and helpfulness of our staff.

Warm regards,
Wokingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed on a business trip, a hotel with a lot of character. If you are after a something a little different from you average box type modern hotel room, this is hotel offered something that for me felt rather more homely.

Room was up to usual high standards of a Marriott and all the furnishing matched with the period feel of the hotel inside (noting that from the outside looks quite modern). It was close to the office for me but worth noting is short ride from the centre,

Overall represented good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Guest R, Front Office Manager at Milan Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Milan Marriott hotel for your stay in Milan.

We are happy to realise that you enjoyed your experience with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Kindest Regards,
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed the one night in September. Location is fine - especially if you don't mind walking - it's approx. 35 mins walk from the hotel to the central areas/duomo etc. Staff were pleasant, rooms were clean and spacious enough and we had a good quiet night's sleep on a comfortable bed. Would recommend the hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mystic, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here for business on September 3rd to the 6th. The location is not close to the center; a taxi is needed for every time you wish to do something; not much in the immediate area.

The hotel room was fine but there was no iron, water, or ability to make coffee or hot water for tea as the website states. As a business hotel and Marriott chain, you expect these basic amenities. I would not stay here again but stay near the center where I wanted to stay to begin with (Management dictated where we would stay).

The meals were good and the service good as well.

Milan is a fun, beautiful city and I recommend the Castello, Duomo, and Last Supper.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Coral Gables, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After two nights in the Milan Marriott I asked about an additional night and was told there would not be a problem because Tuesday the 17th of September had 10 rooms available., when I approached Titiana at the front desk on Monday the16th to book the extra night she told me that they did not have a room...That I would have to leave , she "did not care" that I was Marriott Platinum and American Express Platinum. I will never stay here again, and I will advise everyone I know to avoid this property. I called the Marriott customer service and complained and ask them to please explain to their employees how difficult it is to become Marriott Platinum. And yes, my room smells like cigarettes and the hotel is very dated (and expensive for what you get).

Room Tip: avoid this property
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott stayer for 15 years (Gold status), and have had excellent service at most of their properties. I harbor no grudges here, just giving an honest review -- maybe the folks at Marriott will read this (sorry Marriott, but if you've visited this property you'll agree). This hotel needs to be gutted and 100% renovated. This is a rare Marriott miss. I stayed on the Concierge Level, in a big suite, so it should've been putting their best foot forward, but it was horrible.

Do not stay at this property unless you are willing to put up with:

Moldly smells and cigarette-hiding smells. It feels like it's been smoked in for decades (Italians love to smoke) and they never really got rid of the smell

Decor from the 1960s, garish, ostentatious, often with scratches and in need of replacement

Carpet and wallpaper that should've been replaced at least 10 years ago

Poor phone service - sometimes I called and it would take an hour to get a human)

Smelly, uninviting concierge lounge

I wouldn't really trust the positive reviews of this hotel. The negative ones reflect my experience. Unfortunately, I had to book my hotel quickly and didn't check TripAdvisor first.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Marriott and for taking the time to evaluate us on TripAdvisor.

We really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our service and guest satisfaction.

We truly apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Please be assured that your complaint has already been carefully analyzed and discussed within the management department and first steps are being done to avoid such complaints in the future.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again to the Milan Marriott hotel and will make every effort to better meet your expectations next time.

Warm regards,
Katia Di Martino

Been to Milan Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!