“You will be definitely satisfied” 4 of 5 stars

Michelangelo Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Luigi di Savoia, 6, 20124 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #46 of 431 hotels in Milan
KSA
“You will be definitely satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was looking among the central hotels, I went through reviews, I could not got further (I was initially hesiitant to book Berna hotel, but this hotel won).
I took the airport shuttle bus which terminates in front of the hotel. Checking in was very smooth. I was given a lot of bronchures and ideas to study and to get to reception back to execute my will . I inquired about lake Como;they printed for me the train timetable to help choosing and planning my trip.
The room is small (16 sq meter).Flat screen TV with ? 200 channels in all languages. Small free minibar (a can of pepsi, small bottle of still waterand a bottle of gas water. Peanuts and biscuits.
Aircondition was a blessing in a hot and humid day. the room lacks kettle and tea/coffee.
Bed ,mattress and pillows were fine. WiFi was very good.
Bathroom is spacious (2X3 meters) with a toilet seat, pidet, two basins and a Jaccuozzi. Hairdryer was available.
Breakfast buffet will satisfy all tastes; cereals, cheeses , eggs (boiled and scrambled) and different sausages and salamis. Freshly baked bread , croissant ,pastries and cakes. Fresh fruit bar with local and tropical fruits for the health watchers. The orange squeezer offers fresh orange juice on throwing in oranges (3-4 oranges = cup of juice).
Hot drinks are served immediately (any type of coffee or otherwise).
I did compare prices in different sites before booking ;surprisingly, the hotel site was the best!
I am very much pleased and satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

837 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Milan is not cheap ........ But that being said this hotel is value for money. The location is superb and overall it's not too shabby of a hotel. So if are not looking for an opulent aren't but just a comfortable place to sleep then look no further.

+ve
Near Centrale milan train
Got jacuzzi bathtub
Hop on hop off bus just 50m away

-ve
No iron and ironing board - only has a pant press.

Room Tip: A good base to start seeing Milan.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is really worth it. It's besides the Milan Central Station just a few minutes walk. The rooms are the best I've seen so far. Complete with all the amenities, perks, accessories, Jacuzzi tub, linen towels, slippers etc. Breakfast is the best I've encountered so far. Imagine an orange juice machine wherein you just pop in the whole orange and "vola" fresh orange juice right into your glass. Wide choices of breakfast lineup. I will stay in this hotel again when I get back and will recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: take the higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at the Michelangelo Hotel before proceeding to Lake Como. It is only 100 metres from the Milan Central train station which has an express train (52 minute trip) to the airport...very convenient. I really recommend using the train as you don't have to worry about car traffic delaying the bus.However the train leaves from platform 3 but there are about 20 platforms with signs but no sign indicating platform 3 (it is next to 4 but shorter & hard to find).
The hotel had a nice lounge/lobby & our room was modern,clean as was the bathroom.Everything needed was supplied & we had a comfortable stay.Despite facing the street & a view of the station it was quiet.Good bed linen,pillows & a comfortable bed. My only complaint,I was disappointed when I ate in the restaurant & told the waiter the meat was too tough he wasn't interested.Rather than spoil a romantic dinner I let it go.However the hotel is good & I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hello!
I stayed at the Michelangelo hotel in Milan by chance, only because I lost my train connection from Switzerland and it was quite late at night. I've looked around at a few hotels in the area and some looked pretty shabby so, with my mind set on a last minute rip-off and not in the best of moods, I chose the Michelangelo trusting my frequent traveller instinct.
Once inside, I was presented with a reception room that looked a bit old (yet immaculately clean, even at one in the morning) and I asked for a room. The price was high (as expected) but as I didn't have much of a choice I signed for it. In retrospect, I'm glad I did.
The hotel is spotlessly clean throughout. Upon entering the room, I was surprised to find that there was a Jacuzzi bath, a SKY satellite flat-screen television with a lot of channels from around the world and a free minibar (no alcohol) with free top of the range San Pellegrino sparkling water and some snacks, free wi-fi access for 4 devices, electric curtains, lots of electronically controlled stuff (DND light, remote door lock, digital air conditioning unit - and a silent one at that), newspapers and magazines. The bed was quite stiff I have to say, however apart from that, no problems whatsoever. Breakfast the morning after was top notch with Italian coffee served right at the table plus freshly squeezed orange juice straight from a squeezing machine in front of your eyes and top Italian branded products to suit all tastes (even a 'bio' - organic food - corner). All in all, money well spent. This is one of the best value 4-stars in Milan, if you don't mind the 1970s look of the place (I like retro, so it suited me just fine). If you're a business traveller and you stay a lot in chain hotels (I do), you'll find it every bit as good as a Hilton or Sheraton with the added benefit of more soul (and a Jacuzzi!). Definitely on my top 5 in Milan, unexpectedly so. Would visit again any day (location is exceptional too, in front of the station and a short metro ride to central Milan).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed in Michelangelo hotel for 2 nights during my business trip in April 2013. Room was very clean and its size sufficient. Breakfast was really great with a broad choice! The best of the hotel is definitely its location - it's very nearby the Central Train Station (and metro as well).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I selected this hotel after reading other reviews and I am happy I did. I was here on business but did a lot of sightseeing as well. The location could not have been better: Just across from the Central Train Station. At the station you can take the Metro to see the Duomo (1.5 Euro each way) or the Hop On Hop Off bus (bought my 48 hour pass in the hotel. The stop is directly in front of the train station across the street and to the left as you exit the hotel lobby) or the bus that will take you directly to the airport for 10 Euros (I paid 90 Euros to get from the airport to the hotel by taxi-- the bus was just as fast and safe) the stop is right across the hotel and they leave every 10 or 20 minutes 24 hours/day.
The hotel room was good but needs updating of the fabrics. Housekeeping did a great job by adding a fresh linen to the headboard and 'good night' mat on the floor at the bed. Mini bar was free but sparse: 1 each: water, sparkling water, beer and Pepsi; 2 crackers and a small box of peanuts-- but these all came in handy and happy they were free.
The morning breakfast was very good: scrambled eggs, lots of meat choices, fresh fruit and breads. But beware that this is a so good that it is very busy so I recommend getting in as early as possible to avoid the crowd as this hotel seems to cater to large tour groups that all need to leave at once. With this large breakfast I was able to put lunch off until quite late and avoid dinner a couple nights.
Only negative I have to report (and was warned by other reviewers so I was ready) is the hard bed and pillows. I got used to it and even felt a bit better after the firm nights sleep. But I was very happy to get to my own temperpedic bed once I got home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Michelangelo Hotel? Share your experiences!