“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Donaueschingen, Germany
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I would reccomend this hotel for business traveller or whoever has a car. Located near a Underground station reaching the city center, is easy, affordable and safe.
An excellent 4-5 star hotel with a small but well equipped gym, friendly staff and nice, clean room.
I´ve been booking 2 nights and I could enjoy both of them, in the evening I left for a walk and I could enjoy some good italian food on the other side of the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
rregolini, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Melia Milano, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Carlo U U

Thank you for sharing with us your feelings about the experience at Meliá Milano. We were delighted to see that our property was perfect for your business stay. We are thrilled to see that we surpassed your expectation, our Team will be delighted to know that you appreciate our friendliness, our Service and our highly modern fitness centre. We very much look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

633 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is very decent. We loved our room but the hotel is a bit far from the centre and has no free parking. Internet access is poor.
I suggest breakfast and Internet should be included in the rate to make it a 5 star value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Himmo

Thank you for sharing with us your feelings about the experience at Melia Milano. We were delighted to read your comments and to see that our property was perfect for your “new year stay”. The Meliá Milano is situated with in touching distance of the beating heart of Milan’s financial district, yet at the same time well away from the chaotic traffic of the big city. Located in the Fieramilanocity district, it is just a few minutes ride on the Milan metro from both the new trade fair centre in Rho and the city centre. Eventually we catch the opportunity to say that Meliá Hotels International is working to offer soon a better Wi-Fi connection in all our Hotels. We very much look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

A business hotel of high class, sumptuous rooms, breathtaking huge entrance. Grand style which I feel is typically Milanese. The bar service was a but unattentive. The breakfast was excellent. The rooms were done up in style with heavy curtains which blocked out the light completely, huge and highly decorated wall mirrors and a shiny clean bathroom. The cushions were rock hard but the mattress was heavenly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear inga m

Thank you for sharing with us your feelings about the experience at Meliá Milano. The Meliá Milano is situated with in touching distance of the beating heart of Milan’s financial district, yet at the same time well away from the chaotic traffic of the big city. Located in the Fieramilanocity district, it is just a few minutes ride on the Milan metro from both the new trade fair centre in Rho and the city centre. The hotel’s five-star luxury is clearly evident in every little detail and makes it a inique, reserved, and relaxing ambiente where the staff will take care of everything. Thanks for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I booked a two night stay in mid-November for a conference I was attending at Melia Milano. Upon arriving the hotel appeared to be a typical business-oriented hotel. But as my night progressed, it turned into something from a bad horror movie.

I first noticed the mosquitoes early in the evening. I killed 2 or 3 before heading to bed and scoured the room to make sure there weren't any more and that the windows were tightly shut. However, shortly after turning out the light I heard buzzing near my head so I was back up and trying to track down the mosquito. The entire night proceeded in this fashion. As soon as I was close to falling into a nervous sleep, the buzzing would start again, I would turn on the lights, kill a mosquito or two, then try to get back to sleep.

When the night was done I had tallied 14 mosquitoes but only 1-2 hours of very bad sleep -- the type of bad sleep where you are periodically slapping your head in some strange level of dozing. That was rough with a day of business meetings and presentations ahead.

Before the night was over I did my Tripadvisor research (which I normally would have done before booking but this location was arranged and paid through the conference I was attending), saw the multiple reports of mosquito problems, and immediately booked elsewhere for my second night in Milan. I couldn't take the possibility of another room and another night of mosquitoes.

I've never had a worse night sleep in all my years of frequent business travel and have never encountered anything like this, even in stays within Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia and tropical Latin America. May I never experience this horror again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Castellammare del Golfo, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stay in this hotel for conferences. Has own conference facilities and also near to the MICO convention centre.
Has a grand feel to it. Room very well appointed if slightly on the small side. Breakfast excellent and food, inc room service high quality. Internet charged after 1 hour and overpriced. Staff efficient and friendly.
Close to Loto underground rail and €1.5 to Duomo taking 15'.
Nice jogging up to San Siro stadium and nice park.
My room faced inner quad and noisy with sound of bottles crashing into bins.
Didn't pay for room so can't comment on value but can recommend. For some reason there was a fab e-type jag in reception. See photo !

• Stayed November 2012
rregolini, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Melia Milano, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear MaximillianJ,

Thank you for sharing! The fab e-type jag is Diabolik’s car! Diabolik is a famous Italian comic that celebrate 50th anniversary this year. We catch it the opportunity to revamp his history dedicating him a theme Room. Careful, it is not a normal comic room, it is a real experience. It is the real Diabolik’s bedroom and you can also find a treasure in it. Come to Melia Milano and discover it! If you want to know more follow us on facebook.

Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel looks grand, but is far from it in terms of the quality of stay and standards of service. I travel extensively and this hotel is one of the worst I have ever stayed in!

In summary, food is simply dreadful (how can you get vile pasta and risotto in Italy?!), even the 'hot' food at breakfast is cold and the group I was with hardly ate any of the dishes we had at our 3 course meal on the second evening of our stay - our complaints were met with ignorance and distain.

By far the worst issue was the infestation of mosquitoes, which attacked our business group - 9 of us ended up covered in bites and our requests for anti-mosquito plugs in our bedrooms were completely ignored.

The staff really gave the impression that they couldn't care less about our comfort or needs.

I cannot stress enough - DO NOT pay a fortune to stay in this dreadful place - you have been warned!

Room Tip: Here's a tip - don't book any room here - find a different hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bigsnakey,

We deeply regret for the experience you describe with your post.
We kindly ask you to take contact with the hotel directly in order to better analyze the situation and sort the problem out for the future.
Thank you for the time you invested on share your feelings. I hope to hear from you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

the location is a bit tricky, but is in front a metro station, so you don't feel it so much. But is a Melia, whit all the quality of the franchise. And the hotel restaurant, is a must! And I never would known about it if I don't went to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Doutorderrame,

Delighted to know you enjoyed our food experience at Alacena Restaurant! It’s true, for those people who visit the Hotel is a must. We are also improving the external lay out of the Restaurant Entrance because we want to be more attractive also for the people living the city.
We wait you soon again!

e-Guest Experience

Been to Melia Milano? Share your experiences!