“Average hotel - near city center” 3 of 5 stars

Atahotels Fiera
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Severino Boezio 20, 20145 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #195 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Taipei, Taiwan
“Average hotel - near city center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for an exhibition. The cloest metro station was at least 15 minutes walk, but there is a train station that you can take to transfer to metro line. I'm not a big fan of Milan's underground transit, so the early morning walk was refreshing.

Hotel service was inconsistent. Most were polite, except for one receptionist that gave me the impression that she does not want to work there.

My room had stains on the lamp shade and worn carpet. Bring your slippers. I wouldn't walk bare feet on these carpets. Everything works in the room as it should. The hotel definately needs a remodel. The area is very quiet even when my room faces the main street.

Breakfast is average. With hot and cold dishes.

Going to Duomo was very easy by taking the tram. Only 10 minutes ride.

Overall. This is a goof hotel for business traveler. For those on vacation, I suggest staying closer To the center.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
Augusta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

As soon as I walked into the hotel, I noticed a worn out rug on the lobby, we had to wait about 20 minutes before we got to the clerk for check in. As soon as we entered the room, we noticed that the room was very small, VERY SMALL (for the price), one could barely walk around, we had to let the luggage man enter, leave the luggage and exit before we could walk in, this for a four star hotel is BAD. The walls in the room were dirty, the carpet was worn out, it looked like the carpet had not been changed since 1960. The room was super hot, no air conditioned, it seemed like a sauna. When I went downstairs to see about Internet, I was told that I had to pay for this service, the web page shows that is free, then I went to put the car in the garage, and I was told to leave the car keys with the attendant. This was the srtaw that broke tha camel's back, I decided to leave. Luckily, I was not charged for the room or the parking. We went to the ATA Hotel Fiera Expo in Pero, (Milano), where the price was the same, Internet and breakfast was included in the price and parking was free. We could almost play tennis in the room of the new hotel, it was big, comfortable, very clean. What a difference, the same Hotel chain, but so much better in Hotel FieraExpo in Pero.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Aachen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

- getting there using public traffic means is easy - if you know where to go. Please add further maps on their internet page
- excellent hotel restaurant 'Menighin'. Try the seafood menu, above average wine menu as well
- unfortunately no free Internet connection, but wireless via 'Swisscom' provider (9EUR/24hrs)
- ok breakfast with wonderful coffee bar selection

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

My boyfriend, his sister, her husband and I were going to stay at this hotel this November.
The pictures and recommendations on the Internet all looked good.
Unfortunately it is not the picture meeting you, when you arrive.
The rooms are very small and claustrophobic - very heavy furnished with very old furniture.
The rooms stinks of perfume, which apparently comes from perfume dispensers in the aisles, which spray out perfume automatically. My boyfriend and I decided to move to another hotel - Marriot. Wonderful hotel.
My boyfriend's sister and husband unfortunately couldn't afford it and had to stay.
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
labozzetta, Responsabile reception at Atahotels Fiera, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Dear Guest,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience occurred to You, but really is the first time we received some complaint for the perfume we use in our hotel.

Best regards

Luigi Labozzetta

F.O.M
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

My staying in AtaHotel was really good;everyone was so helpful and friendly , especially Monica helped us a lot. She always tries to do best. Even once we were lost and could not find the way to hotel, one of receptionists met us by chance while we were looking for the way , he told us how to get hotel and we arrived there safe :) :) Thanks once more to everyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Good hotel to stay. Excellent rooms and wonderful spread of breakfast. The reception staff was very helpful. It is well connected to main downtown through tram. It takes about 20 mins to reach the main Duomo square. The hotel is in a very quiet locality

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Mainz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

Stayed one night there on business- rooms relatively small for four star standard. Breakfast very rudimentary even for mediterranean standards- canned fruit and pastry. Had reserved queen room, got twin and was told even though you can distinguish in their reservation system hotel staff just sees that a room was booked.
Internet 22€ per day.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Atahotels Fiera? Share your experiences!