“Terrible strong perfume” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Balsta, Sweden
“Terrible strong perfume”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The whole hotel just stank from perfume which the hotel managment had sprayed everywhere. It was impossible to stay in the room. When we asked for a new room that said that all the rooms had the same perfume.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location near the metro. We had a nice room with a balcony over looking the street. Market just outside the hotel on a Sunday on a street running parallel. Lots of nice cafés & restaurants near by........

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very excited coming to best western hotel and I expected to have amazing experience.
Unfortunately this was not the case.

Even though I came alone from London, I invited my friend who lives in Milan to join me. When we Checked In, the "welcome" from the receptionist was not friendly or welcoming at all, it was even humiliating and disrespectful.
As you can check on my profile, I've been traveling all over the world (including Italy twice) so when I say "bad customer service" I can compare it to many other places.
Normally I would say "I'm not going to use the reception much again, and I only need the room, but the way the treated me was so disrespectful that it ruined my experience and stay in the hotel".
Here's what happened, when we checked In, my friend only had his international driving licence with him and not his passport. This international driving licence allows him to ride a car anywhere in Italy but according to Paola he is not even allowed to enter the hotel without having passport or Italian ID.
I've asked if he can help me with the bags and we will go to get his passport when we go out and she didn't even agree with that. I
understand that there are rules in any country (they claimed that in Italy both guests need to provide passport. which we were fine with), however I believe that there's a away to communicate with people especially when you are the one who is giving the service.
Paola and the other lady at reception clearly didn't know how to do that.
I invite the hotel management to watch their security video, while I was trying to speak with Paola and understand what to do she just turned her back and walked inside. This is definitely not a treatment I would expect from the person who is in charge of hotel front desk (that's what they told me when I asked to see any manager).
My friend felt very embarrassed and left. In the morning after the guy from reception (who was way much nicer) notified me "I have a note here that you need to give me the other guest's passport". I explained to him that no one stayed with me and if i could, i would leave too.
I never felt like "criminal" in hotel or that unwelcome as I was in Best Western PLUS Hotel Felice Casati; It wasn't Best at all, not even close. Shame.
Don't give the hotel the "pleasure" to be disrespectful to you and treat you the same as Paola treated me. There are many other great hotels in Milan where you can stay.
Besides that, room was small and they were very cheap with the soap/shampoo.
In the morning you will wake up as soon as your neighbours will since the walls are very thin. I heard everything from Tv to conversation.
Breakfast was good.
FYI, you will be charged €5 for every night (per person) on your check out- city council.
Bottom Line- Avoid, just because if a place like this hire people who are so not service driven, they should not get money from you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Fabio R, Direttore generale at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Felice Casati, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mr “Ido8all”

I would first of all like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Best Western Felice Casati in Milan and I must say how sorry I am that your reaction to our tried and tested checkin procedures was so negative.

I have spoken to Paola who has explained in detail what happened. I fully appreciate that the situation may have been handled differently from our part as it is certainly not our intention to welcome guests in the way you describe. We are fortunate that there are many other guests who find our Welcome most friendly and hospitable.

With regards to requesting a passport from everyone using our bedrooms, I would like to point out that, not only is it a legal requirement, but it is also company policy which has evolved over many years of welcoming guests from all over the world to Milan.
We do it for the security of our Guests.
I am sorry that you felt so humiliated by this simple procedure.
I would like to confirm that anyone staying in Milan has to pay a city tax of 5€ imposed by local government which hotels have to collect on its behalf. No doubt you will have found this quite common practice when travelling to cities like Paris, New York, Rome etc.
On behalf of all the staff at the hotel, I would like to wish you the very best for the forthcoming festive season and I honestly hope that you will return to our hotel on your next visit to Milan and thereby give us the opportunity to show you that the experience you describe in your comment is very far from the truth.

Best regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice hotel in a city Center. 5 minutes walk from Corso Buenos Aires (shoping street) and Metro stations (Republica or Porta Venezia). Very nice area in vicinity of Central Station. Nice gym free of charge at guest disposal

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A late arrival meant we needed to be handy to transport. Easy walk to Milano Centrale, Metro and trams made Felice Casati ideal.
Very comfortable room and a great breakfast selection ensured a great start to our day.
We didn't eat close to the hotel, so no help there, but a 20 minute walk had us at the Duomo.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear “Bob348”,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a comment on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read that Best Western Plus Hotel Felice Casati met your expectations and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed our Full American Buffet Breakfast.

As you noticed during your stay in our Hotel, it is very close to the Historic City Centre and you can reach it on foot (as you did) or by subway in few stops. Once you reach the main Square, you are quite close to the main City Sites.

Looking forward to welcome you very soon at Best Western Plus Hotel Felice Casati.

Best Regards,

Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good service,great location, good environment.
Very close to the subway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Reasonably priced for what you get. Clean, good-sized room. Great breakfast. Good location for getting around the city. Professional staff. The "all you can eat any time of day" cookies and fruit was a nice touch. Perfect for a night in Milan.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Fabio R, Direttore generale at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Felice Casati, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear “Caged_Explorer”,

we would like to thank you very much for taking time to write a comment on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our Staff was Professional.

Our Full American Buffet Breakfast offers a wide choice of Savory and Sweet dishes including Scrambled Eggs and Beacon. In addition, we have at full disposal of our guests the “Gluten Free Corner” which includes Fresh Seasonal Fruit and different types of Yogurt.

Best Western Plus Hotel Felice Casati is located just a stone’s throw from Corso Buenos Aires Street and it is well connected by 2 Metro Stations, Porta Venezia on the Red Line and Repubblica on the Yellow Line.
Moreover you can walk to the Historic City Centre in just 15 minutes or so and enjoy all the most important attractions.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Plus Hotel Felice Casati.

Best Regards,
Fabio Riboni

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Felice Casati? Share your experiences!