“We loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 173 Milan B&B and Inns
London
“We loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Ok, so this hotel is not a 5*- but do you really expect that for the price.
The staff- always on hand (reception manned 24hours), very friendly and couldnt be more helpful when we asked them for transport/day out tips

The room- Was spotlessly clean and the room we stayed in was huge for the 3 of us, yes we were aware of the traffic outside, but this is milan and I highly doubt unless you pay huge amounts of money that you will get a 'quiet' room- this is Milan a city on the go!
Our rooms were swept and beds made everyday, I felt very happy to leave the key at reception in the knowledge that someone was always sat there.

The food- I only had breakfast once during my stay (on the last morning) Its not gourmet food, but toast and jam/chocolate spread, croissant and yoghurt done me fine. To be honest this was the only hotel I see that included it so surely its an added bonus.

The location- Like I previously said its on a main road with traffic passing pretty much all night- but I got used to it, as did my two friends. This hotel is a 5 minute walk from the metro line that takes you straight to the centre, its about 10 minutes to central and you can hear the tram doors opening the stops that close. LOCATION IS KEY!

The bathroom- yes this was shared and yes sometimes the hot water was lacking but if you insist on having a shower when everyone else does (peak times 9-10am) then of course that will be the case! It was spotlessly clean every time I used it and I didn't find it a problem at all sharing.

The security- there is a buzz in intercom with camera at the front gate, so give them a big smile when you enter. this also means that no one can get in if they aren't staying there! Like I said the reception is manned 24hours and situated next to the front door. Although I felt extremely safe in Milan its always good to have that extra reassurance

Overall we were very happy with the hotel, we didn't pay mega bucks but the hotel we got could afford to charge a lot more!! I would recommend this hotel and would definitely visit again. The money you save compared to other hotel prices can be spent in Milans FABULOUS shops

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Joao Pessoa, PB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Really good! Worth the price...

The place is well located, very clean, well decorated and confortable. Everybory was very friendly and warm, always worried if everything was ok and trying to help out.

The bad points are: the place is a little bit noise (nothing that a good ear plug couldn't help) and there's no tv in the room (although, it's a B&B).

I really liked and I'll probably return...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My flight was supposed to leave the next day very early, and I was planning to take the train to the airport (Malpensa). I found this hotel, which was supposed to be very close to the train station. It was. However, we arrived at night and got lost and started to wonder around to find it. Just leave the train station, turn right, and start walking, following the rails, until you find the street where the hotel is located, then turn left and walk. That easy. There were some creeps walking around at 10 pm when I got lost walking around the previous night so be careful. The hotel was ok, they do not accept credit cards though. The room was clean, so was the bathroom. The owners actually live there, and they have a lttle dog. My room was right next to their room. The walls are quite thin, so I could hear their conversations. So there is some noise, unless you get a room on a different floor. It was a pleasant place, overall. Breakfast was good. Coffee, milk, cereal, bread, cookies, juice, jam, butter, yogurt and fruit.
I would stay here again if I had to spend a night close to the train station. There is a tram that takes you to the hotel in case you don't want to walk there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to B&B Villa Melchiorre? Share your experiences!