“BEDBUGS!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #285 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“BEDBUGS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Watch out.. I got bed bug bites all over my body from this hotel... a total of 60 i think at one point when I counted and now I am in the middle of a mess trying to clean my apartment and get rid of them. Dont stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I agree with the previous review, its ghetto, I guess if you get a hotel near the train station, you should expect that. Staff was not helpful and rude. The worst part is the decor, I think we got an updated room but the paintings in the room reminded me of the movie hostel. Not as clean also. Worst night ever as was not able to sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Milano Marittima, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Getting off the train I was a bit disheveled and not certain where I could make a last minute reservation. I took the advice from the employee who worked at the station. What a huge mistake. Yes it is nearby and yes there were vacancies. Obviously now I know why. My room was GHETTO a word I rarely use to describe the environment of any establishment. But true to form. That aside I would have been content knowing it was just for the evening and that it was so conveniently located just ten euros by taxi but could have easily walked there from the milano centrale station. My room was filled with allergens. Mostly dust and my eyes began to itch and burn when I lay down on the bed. I was a mess in a matter of 20 min. so I took my complaint to the front desk and asked to change rooms. Or relocate to another hotel. He acted as though he understood and agreed to accommodate. When I packed up the few belongings I had unpacked while I was in the room and ventured to the front desk to check out and get my refund the arogant clerk snubbed me and handed me an invoice for a full nights stay. When I asked where the money was I had paid just moments earlier he said " you used your room. there is no refund." I was shocked. This was his only attempt to accommodate my dissatisfaction! I explained that my room was never disturbed and that I was ubable to use the room from the anount of dust allergens that were present. He simply said " you are using us. You used te rom so you get nothing back. I was flabbergasted. He compared his attitude to that of Americans and said the ruls are the same here. I protested with no success. Walked away feeling completely taken advantage of. To top it off I was offer no help to grt my bags and no one showed me to my room. Nor did they ever come to inspect the dust problem. I was so offended I told the gentlem workin in the front Desk just ow much I was dissatisfied but it made no diiference to him. I will mot be back! RUDE RUD ]

Room Tip: Demand to visit and preview the room you will be assigned before AGREEING ON YOUR STAY. THERE IS NO...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for two nights and I would definitely recommend it. We had a double room with a king size bed, not two singles pushed together!

Hotel was quiet and ensured a good nights sleep. Breakfast was very good but getting there early is recommended at weekends as it went rather quickly.

Hotel staff friendly and helpful, especially reception.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Stay 3 nights in a standard double room, we got given a triple room instead. Furnitures was a bit worn but room was spacious .The bar fridge was not working in our room. Breakfast was good and plentiful with excellent coffee..but then one can't get a bad coffee in italy! Centrally located next to main station. It was good for the price we paid.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The main reasons for choosing this place were low price and very good location.
The hotel itself is not bad, staff were kind of friendly. There was free internet, but wi-fi never worked in our room, so we had to go downstairs every time.
The worst thing was...we could hear EVERYTHING that was going on in two neighbour rooms, the walls were thinner than ever. So it was incredibly noisy all the time.
Plus the room didn't meet any expectations, because the pictures on the booking website were far from reality.

Room Tip: choose a room on the first/second floor as the wi-fi signal is better there
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ankara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We have booked the hotel in March for our business/touristic trip to Italy with my wife. We have checked the photos and compared the pricing and decided to book. The price was even higher than the excellent hotel we booked in Rome, so we were somewhat confident to receive a similar facility. Unfortunately when we arrived at the reception, I started imagining what is expecting us upstairs in the room. I could see no single happy clients around. Every face I saw was down. The rooms are not better than the cheapest lowest quality pension. My wife refused to stay in that room. The doors, carpets, bathroom, bed, nothing acceptable in the room. I knew that we had no chance to get any refund, but anyway it is better to forget about the money and stay in an at least acceptable hotel.

We went down to the lobby and asked that this is not the hotel we saw on booking.com. Then we learnt that they have another building connected to the same lobby with better refurbished "superior" called rooms. We asked if it is possible to see them as well and if any of them we can stay in. They said we should wait for half an hour to see if any of them will be free or not. finally we paid the difference and moved to the superior room. It still was not satisfying with all the flushing sound of the neighbor etc, but far better than the standard rooms.

Later I have learnt that there is an exhibiton or something in the city, that's why all hotels are full and the prices are much higher than regular. Normally the price for the standard rooms for this hotel are less than one third the price we paid, It seems that we have made such a mistake to stay in this hotel looking at the only supplied superior room photos and comparing the price with much better hotels however in a busy season.

If you have to stay, only superior rooms are somewhat acceptable. Never never choose the stadard rooms.

Room Tip: Only the superior rooms are acceptable. Stay away from standard rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Monopole de la Gare? Share your experiences!