“Good deal!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #207 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Taipei
“Good deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2005

It was decided to come back to Milan on 18 Sep when I arrived Milan on 12 Sep. Garda was the first hotel I started with asking the room rate but is the cheapest one among the central station neiborhood with 3-star. I did not expect too much for such a room rate, 50 euro for single room, since I stayed hotels in Venice and Florence in a rate above 90 euros during 13 Sep to 17 Sep. But it turned out that I was quite satisfied with the room. Clean, spacious, and convinient facility in bathroom. (compared to the one I stayed on 12 Sep, Alexender hotel, claimed 4-star. I got a room in back side and it was quite for sleep. Although the breakfast was simple, but good enough for me. I would recommend this to my friend who dose not request a luxury accommondation.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Edina, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

Hotel Garda was a wonderful hotel with excellent value.

I was aprehensive about booking a hotel in a foreign country via the internet. There were 11 of us staying here so naturally I was skeptical booking at a hotel near the train station for such a low rate. Especially when the guide books had said the area around Centrale Station had a bad reputation.

When we arrived I was more than pleasantly surprised. The lobby was beautifully decorated and the rooms followed suit. The whole hotel was very clean! I even felt safe walking around the neighborhood.

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

I would definately stay at Hotel Garda the next time I'm in Milan!

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

We stayed in this hotel for one night. Very nice hotel - about 10 minutes walk from the Central Station. The breakfast was excellent and the staff was really nice. This should be a 4 star hotel. Excellent hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2005
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2005

Some rooms definitely 3*, however in my first stay, I was placed in one of the front rooms (numbers 1-4 on every floor) which were decidedly 2*.

Ask for a room out the back and you should be lucky and get one of the nicer ones. If you want to grab a discount, book this hotel through traveleurope, I got a single for é45 first time round, and for é60 the second time round.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
Port Townsend, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2005

This is definitely the best value and most convenient location in Milan. Our 65 Euro room was quiet (in back), clean and 1 block from the train station and Malpensa bus. Even the continental breakfast was tasty. It was not a "bait and switch" internet rate. Also, there are 3 self-service restaurants within a couple of blocks.

• Stayed March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2004

Hotel Garda was in a good location, close the the train station. The bathroom was large, but most hotels do not use Tilex with bleach, so there was some mold in the shower, but that is fairly typical. It was very very loud the night we were there as well, so it was hard to sleep. Bring earplugs because Milan is in general fairly loud, but the hotel was all in all pretty good, but somewhat overpriced. I would recommend the Tulip Inn Delle Nazioni, it is a better deal, almost as close, and pretty much the same, but quieter.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2004

Very mediocre hotel, they switched us to the awful Flora Hotel next door. Their excuse was air conditioning problems, yeah right, like I believe that one!?!? I booked on an internet special, don't ever book this hotel that way because they can and will send you to the Flora next door, which is rated a 3 star I wouldn't even give it a 1 star!! The rooms are awful and cramped at the Flora, about the size of a broom closet, and they smell smokey. Even if you just show up in the middle of the night their rates are way too overpriced 100+ Euros a night, a ripoff!!! The only good thing is that it is located close to the central train station so you can leave in a quick hurry which you should, away from these evil twin hotels!!!

Been to Hotel Garda? Share your experiences!