“Great value: clean, great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Augustus Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Napo Torriani 29, 20124 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #200 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Canada
“Great value: clean, great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Considering that Milan is definitely not a cheap destination, I was very happy to have stayed at the Augustus and have paid a reasonable price per night. The staff was professional and friendly, my room was super clean, modern, not very roomy but very functional. Steps away from the metro, many cafés and restaurants in the area too so no need to reserve the breakfast buffet (expensive) at the hotel. Would definitely return.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I arrived here at the last minute (saw the sign from across the street at Central Station) and asked for a room. Luckily they had a single available. They asked me to pay up front since I was just staying for one night (thought that was odd, but I didn't mind).
The room was very tiny but completely comfortable. The bed sheets were white and crisp and I slept exceptionally well. Despite that, I wouldn't exactly describe the place as cozy—it lacks a homey feeling, I guess, but is still a cute hotel.
The sink in the bathroom was a little backed up and the water too warm. I bought bottled water for that reason; it was too warm to comfortably drink a glass.
There was also a TV, which was a nice touch for such a tiny single.
I don't know Milan well, but the location is convenient—I think. It's right by the Central Train Station and just a quick subway ride to touristy spots like the Duomo.
I wouldn't mind staying here again—bed was comfy, staff was kind enough—but I also wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

very nice hotel.very near to Stazione Centrale.comfortable rooms,flat screens TV, air-conditioning,cosy shining bathrooms,great speed of wi-fi, etc. Very quiet atmosphere,professional staff, everything was very very very clean. u won't be pity!!

• Liked — all transports available
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

I just spent two nights at this recently refurbished hotel close to the Milano-Centrale (Main Station).

As already mentioned, it is conveniently located in the vicinity of the most important and impressive train station in Milan. While I have already seen more exciting facades, I was really surprised after I saw the 'inside' design. It seems to have recently undergone a main refurbisment. Room was small but very nicely and modernly equipped. Great furniture, wooden floor (laminate) with a small carpet, flat-screen TV and very cosy, spotless white bed linen. Bathroom small but featured everything. Aircondition did a great job!

Only downside is the breakfast for 11€. It is only continental and did not offer a great selection. I missed the great Italian Prosciutto - only a too thick-sliced Mortadella and a boring cheese was offered. No cooked eggs or other warm side dishes were available.

If the breakfast were better, I would rate them as 'excellent' for the price paid! I honestly recommend ithis hotel!

• Liked — Modern Rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

Convenient location, especially if you need to make several trips in or out of Stazione Centrale. The value was pretty good for the rate that I had. The housekeeping staff did a very good job each day, but always opened the door to the balcony and left it open, which could not be seen right away, because of the curtain covering it. Because of that, there were times when mosquitoes came in and feasted on me. The air conditioning was a bit loud, especially when I tried sleeping. The shower in my room felt a bit small, but not too bad.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2005

We spend two days in hotel Augustus.
We booked the hotel with Venere by internet. On the site they said 2 times breakfast is included (they changed it now: one time not included, further on breakfast is included). When we left they charged us 44 euro for 2x2 breakfast and they charged more for the room (charged: 69 euro/night). I complained and they showed me a paper saying breakfast is not included during weekends.
I had to pay but wrote them an e-mail about my complain.
Their reaction:"It is the same policy of low cost airways company, you travel for very cheap rate but on board you pay for food & beverage."
Yes, that's right, but not in a 3-star hotel and not when you book breakfast included.
I find this reaction rude and not service minded, and so was also the hotel staff during our stay. So look out !

• Stayed February 2005
switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2004

My husband and I stayed here a couple of months ago and was very happy with our stay. The room is spacious, the bathroom is roomy. It's recently renovated so everything is very new and clean. THe staff is friendly. It is also easy to find, just 2 min. walk from the Centrale station.

Been to Augustus Hotel? Share your experiences!