“Great location, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel City to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corso Buenos Aires 42/5, 20124 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #86 of 427 Hotels in Milan
london
“Great location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We were just in Milan for one night, and were very impressed with the hotel. Very easy to find from Milan centrale, and quick to get to the Duomo. We arrived at around noon, and Massimo very kindly arranged for our room to be prepared so we could check in early. The room was spacious & clean and with an extremely comfortable bed. We had to leave early the next morning and were a bit surprised that breakfast did not start till 7am, but there was coffee and a few muffins out for 'early breakfast'. Great value for money.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Tadworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The Best Western Hotel City is located a stone's throw from Lima Metro station and is therefore really handy as a central point for exploring Milan. I spent three nights here, the room was clean and surprisingly large and despite overlooking the busy Corso Buenos Aires (with it many shops) the double glazing cut out all the traffic noise. The breakfasts were a bit basic but OK. I chose to stay here rather than the larger Best Western Galles hotel 50m up the road and although Hotel City didn't have the bar, roof terrace, pool, gym etc that its bigger sister did, it was about 30 euros a night cheaper! As I tend to only use my hotel as somewhere to sleep, the lack of the other amenities doesn't really bother me and I'd rather have a cheaper stay. Normally my main criteria is that it's clean and the bed is comfortable, which in this case it was. My only slight moan is that the free Wi-fi kept dropping out, maybe because I was on the sixth floor! Checkout was a bit drawn out, although I'd prepaid for my stay via Booking.com the receptionist was under the impression I still had an outstanding amount to pay and it probably took 15 minutes of to-ing and fro-ing to resolve the issue, however it was all sorted out in the end. Reception staff were generally helpful and friendly during my stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kandern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lo and behold, another perfect example why TripAdvisor works! Chose this hotel because of the outstanding reviews and it was exactly as advertised! It was super easy to find - just 10 minutes from the Autostrade to Corso Buenos Aires, the street where it is located. The hotel is located in an arcade style shopping mall - there are shoe shops, bars even a pet store in the complex! The check in was simple - the only problem was having to lug my 1 ton suitcase up a few steps to get to the elevator. Room is huge, and it's very "1980's" in its design, but its great. I was feeling the nostalgia! The bathroom is small but decent. And the bed was responsible for a very good night's sleep. The street itself is one of Milan's main shopping hubs. Plenty or fastfood restaurants and trattoria's we personally went to "Cin Cin" which is just a hop, skip and a jump from the hotel. Turn right on the main road and take 10 steps - literally! Their food is fantastic, tasty and not pricey at all - i paid 30 euros for a pasta, pizza and a couple of adult beverages! As a sneakerhead, this street is a dream come true - the Footlocker and Nike Store is just down the street. Plenty of parking available in side streets - and there are 2 parking garages within walking distance. But pricey at around 20 euro a day. I used the "blue line" parking - you only pay between 8AM and 8PM @ 1.20 euro an hour - and we left the hotel at around 10AM so we only paid 2.40! And getting to the Piazza del Duomo was no more than 5 minutes. I would absolutely, unequivocally stay here again without even thinking about it! Thank you TripAdvisor (and those of you who gave rave reviews!)

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203 - which was right in the "corner" and facing the street. Windows are...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good location , few steps from subway, few station from Duomo, shops around very convenient
Room and bathroom typically BW , clean , small but not too small with all usual amenities in every hotel
Lift very small
No complaint at all, excellent place for price paid ( milan ! )

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Omar S, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Hotel City, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Loan,

thank you so much for your review, we really hope to become your point of reference here in Milano!

westminster,co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel #5 on our trip was easy to find. This hotel is not very big and just about everything about it small from the lobby to the elevator to the rooms. The elevator says 6 you might get six chinese kids with out bags. It holds two adults barely with luggage. Stairs are'nt too bad, i used them a few times going down. Lobby offers tea and coffee for free to guests.
Rooms are a lil on the small size but not too small that you can't move around comfortablely. As you walk in theres a nice size closet with hangers and a safe next to that is a luggage rack. Keep going straight into room and there was a nice size bed very nice desk with plugs for electronics. There was a flat screen tv that had only a few channels. This room actually had a tiny balcony which is great for someone like me. From the balcony you had decent view of a busy street. The bathroom was you guessed it very small. It did have a toilet and a bidei ( toilet for your butt). The shower had great pressure and detachable shower head. The bed was kinnda hard but I still slept ok. I did notice some of the wall paper coming off the walls but over all pretty clean.
For it's location and being in Milan the hotel and the price are very good. I would stay there again if I ever went to Milan but honestly I don't think I'll ever go to Italy ever again. The best part of this Best Westeern was Mossimo at the reception he was one the coolest and most helpful people wee had encountered on our trip to that point. Because of Mossimo I would definitely go back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Omar S, Direttore at BEST WESTERN Hotel City, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Sir,
thank you so much for you detailed and smart review!
We really hope that you chang your mind and that you will come back to visit us, there will be some surprises and we don't want you to miss them.
In the meantime, please accept our kindest regards,

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Booked this hotel at the last minute for a quick stay over in Milan. Travelled with a family and chose it due to its location near the Central station and location on Corso Buenos Aires (also a short walk or metro/cab trip to the central shopping around the Duomo).

The staff was very good, special mention to Daytime staff who we encountered (Massimo i believe was his name) and the young man who helped with a few things including storing luggage when we checked out, and helping out when we had a problem in the room.

We had a problem with our room patio door and it was dealt with in a cordial and efficient. The manner. The breakfast was good and varied and plentiful.

The hotel was picked as it was recently refurbished and this showed as the fittings etc, didn't show signs of age.

One word of caution (a small thing) the lift is small and the entrance to it involves a walk up some stairs from reception. For those with disabilities or mobility issues this may present a problem. Wifi is also free (on a per device basis, so each device will need a seperate log in, discovered as we travelled with the modern assortment of tablets and smart phones).

Overall its a good choice for Milan and the staff is very good.

Room Tip: The higher up you stay the less you'll notice the road noise (if you have the windows open). But...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sirs,
thank you very much for your review, we do really appreciate it.
We are very sorry about our elevator, you know it's not so easy to buy a new one!
But we will try to find a solution and in the meantime our staff will be as helpful as possible in assisting you with heavy luggage.
We hope to see you again soon!

BEST WESTER Hotel City
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed just for one night for business reasons and I was positively surprised by this hotel! Welcoming staff and very clean and quite big room with a private balcony on the 7th floor with a good view on the few skyscrapers of Milan. A really interesting quality/price ratio. Definitely my first choice from now on for my future trips to Milan

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sergio,
thank you so much for your comments!
What else can I say... See you soon then, we're waiting for you!

Omar Sozuer

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel City? Share your experiences!