“The hotel is still under reconstraction” 3 of 5 stars

You added Ibis Milano Centro to your Saves list
Ibis Milano Centro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via C. Finocchiaro Aprile 2, 20124 Milan, Italy   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #160 of 432 Hotels in Milan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Manama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Location:
The hotel is located 15-20 minutes walk from the central train station. It is also a minute walk from a shopping street which has a good number of restaurants and cafés.

There neighborhood has a lot of Chinese restaurants and massage places. This is good for people who had enough of Italian food.

Room:
Our room was twin beds. The room was small but had enough space for luggage. It is typical IBIS standard.The bathroom was clean and in a good condition. We only had a shower box, no bath tube. The room was quite at night.

The room did not have any coffee machines or iron board. There was a safe box in the closet.

The air conditioning was off. It is common in Italian hotels to switch air conditioning off during October. We had to open the windows at night but it was a bit warm.

Breakfast:
Breakfast was average. They served continental breakfast. The breakfast area was modern and self service. It had many seats but very crowded.

Lobby:
The lobby was nice and big. It had few seating areas. They also have complimentary computers with internet access.

Internet:
The hotel provides free internet. You need to collect the password from the reception.

Staff:
Staff were friendly and helpful but the reception was always busy.

Value for money:

Summary:
This hotel is excellent. Modern and close by shopping streets and train station. Will definitely stay in this hotel next time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rouppetteslingen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Needed some lodgings fast and cheap... and tried that Ibis, without much expectations apart from being close to the "Centrale" train station.

Was received really nicely by a super helpful and pleasant male Night Auditor / Receptionnist, in the dead of night... and this is worth mentionning, as this hasn't alsways been the case w. Ibis / Accor, on other properties...

This is one sublime country, where - alas - one is (or perhaps was) not always helpful to foreigners, yet these guys were certainly proof to the contrary! So, three thumbs up for a Stirling job to my receptionnist / night auditor (night of last Tues to Wed), and keep up the good job!

The rest of the staff was also nice and helpful (a welcome change from other horror stories - again, not this property), but I did regret the processed cheese at the bkfst buffet, when you know what lovely cheeses Italy has to offer!

So... budgets allowing, I'd really love it if someone at Ibis managed to upgrade the cheeses at bkfst, and provide at least one tasty local sort...

I know its cheesy, but lets be daring!

Finally, a shame that there weren't any power points next to the beds... With all the batteries a modern traveller gets to charge overnight, the more... the better...

Room Tip: Some tramway or other street noise... Not sure what to do to avoid it...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Jaco, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

A friend and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights during a business and pleasure trip in December 2013. The Hotel location is pretty good, you can walk to the Republica metro station, and you could reach the train central station if you walk around 2kms. The Duomo is also at waking distance, and several restaurants are a close walk. The Hotel itself has basic installations, which we would recommend to visitors in need of a good place to stay, but not looking for much more. No business center, and very slow internet would rule it out for any business oriented trip.
Rooms are of decent size for the price range, however, beware of noisy road side ones; there is a city tram in the side street, which will wake you up when it goes by.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms on the right side facing the tram street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and thought the service was horrible. Here is my experience...

I checked in at around 10pm. There were 2 staff members at the reception. I waited at the line for about 2 mintues to check in - which was acceptable. I provided my reservation number for the lady to retrieve my record. Then she asked me to pay the city tax of 4 euros per person per night. I didn't realise I needed to pay anything before as I prepaid everything when I made the booking. The reception told me (in very poor English) everyone had to pay the tax - OK then I paid 24 euros. The lady then asked me to sign a sheet written in Italian (it was probably a kind of acknowledgment, I guess...). I don't speak Italian so I asked whether there was an English version. She said no. I really could not understand why a hotel (under an international hotel group) could not provide English version notice which requires tourists to sign. Unfortunately I did not have choice and had to sign it.

Two weeks before my trip I ordered something online and emailed the hotel to ask whether I could deliver the parcel to the hotel. The staff replying me said it should be fine and kindly provided my the hotel address again so that I could arrange the shipping. After I placed the order, I emailed the hotel again with all my order details, order number and tracking link. Another staff replied me they would keep the parcel until I checked in the hotel. At that time I was quite delighted and I thought the staff was really helpful. But when I checked in I got stuck at the reception counter because the lady helping me with check in said (3 times) that they did not receive my parcel. I showed her my email conversation with another staff but she still said no. At last I gave up and went back to my room.

When I was back to my room I did the most stupidest I have ever done - I emailed the hotel that I wanted to check about my parcel! Response was quick and positive and the staff replying said I could get the parcel at the reception. The next day, I went to the reception again to get my parcel. The reception staff rejected me (again) at first and then I insisted and showed her the email last night. Finally I had got my parcel back...

On the same day I left my room for 15 minutes for a quick grocery shopping at the supermarket. I left 1 of my 2 key cards in the room and kept the lights switched on. And when I was back to the room, my key card disappeared. I was forced to go to the reception again to get a new key card (without checking anything.. I doubt the security level). After 30 minutes, the housekeeping staff knocked my door and opened my door within 3 seconds after knocking! I was in the room and going to open the door for her. She seemed panic, said sorry to me and returned me the key card.

I was being pissed off most of the time during my stay in this hotel. Despite the proxmity to metro station, Centrale station and clean room, I am still very sure I will not stay in ibis hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel décor is a bit more funky that the usual Ibis style, which was nice. Very welcoming foyer and check in staff were lovely. Room has all the typical Ibis amenities you would expect. Nothing special but everything you need for a good night sleep. Was in town just for a quick overnight business stay and the hotel was located only a 10 minute walk from the central railway station which made it handy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Milano Centro? Share your experiences!