“Wonderful stay at a very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Starhotels Anderson
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Luigi di Savoia 20, 20124 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #53 of 427 Hotels in Milan
New York City, New York
“Wonderful stay at a very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Booked this hotel on my recent weekend stay in Milan. Chose it because of the location - right across the Milano Centrale station so convenient for the train or bus to and from Malpensa airport. Metro is also close by so convenient to get to different parts of the city. Hotel is really nicely decorated. Room was a bit on the small side but well appointed. Bed was comfy and even though I was on the 5th floor and facing the street by the train station, it was very quiet. The airconditioning was working and one is able to control temperatures; in many hotels in Europe, management thinks it is still cool enough that one does not need the a/c. Not this hotel! Breakfast was fine but could be very busy at times - saw a couple just bring food to their room because there was no table available. Check-in and check-out was very efficient, and even allowed me to request for a late check-out - though in the end, I didn't need it. Overall, I liked the location and the service, and would return to this hotel next time I'm in Milan - and not during the city's busy season.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very good location if you are planning to travel by train. 5-8mins walking distance from Main station. The station also has 2 direct Metros to visit the main landmarks. Hotel has a small entrance, walk down the steps and you will reach the lobby, it also looked small and dark, but I liked that old fashioned touch. According to the receptionist our room was one of the best in that category (stayed in room 908), the staffs were helpful and friendly, they even helped us to plan trip to Turin, also suggested restaurants to eat out. They also got 2-Day bus tour for the price of one. Room price did not include city tax, which will cost you 5 Euros per person per night. Free WiFi has a slow connection, but they offered me fast internet for free! Breakfast buffet was included, which will fill your stomach for atleast half day. We would stay here if we are visiting Milan again. Cheers

Room Tip: Room 908 (top floor) where we stayed was pretty good
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I would only recommend this hotel as a place to stay near the central train station with a fairly short cab ride to Linate in the morning. Otherwise, the area around the hotel is not that appealing to tourists (IMO). With that said, there is nothing wrong with the hotel. The staff is courteous and our room was nice.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We asked for hotels near train stations on this (rail) trip and this was just perfect. Walk out of the station, across the Piazza and a road. Room and staff were all very good, plenty of choice at breakfast and the small fitness room was very useful. It was quite a walk to museums but you can't have everything.

Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My wife and I arrived from Rome by train and went to check into Starhotels Anderson as I had booked it for our one night in Milan. My booking was supposed to be for April 17. I'm not sure if the travel agency messed up or the hotel messed up but when I went to check in I was told that my reservation was for June 17th. I called my travel agency who informed me that since the hotel was pre-paid only the hotel can make the change and the hotel booking manager was refusing to change negotiate with them. I asked to speak to the manager myself who rather rudely thanked me for booking on line and pre-paying but if I wanted to stay tonight I would have to pay again. I tried to reason with him since the hotel was empty and they were happy to charge me for another stay. He thanked me again for spending money at their hotel and said they would be glad to take my credit card to charge me another night. They showed absolutely to intention of trying to do what is right and help their customer. They were not getting any more of my money so I went across the street to Hotel Bristol who know how to treat their customers and actually value what their customers think of them. Spend your money with a hotel who values customer service and not these guys who are rude, don't use common sense and only care about charging as much and as many times as possible.

Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a great stay. Perfect location next to Central Station. Hotel was decor reminded me of Las Vegas, not in a bad way. Room clean and spacious for Europe. Had a nice basic little gym. Overall, good stay. Cute breakfast room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The service is great in this place, the hotel is very neat and clean, staff are very efficient and also on time to handle any requests. Room service was also very efficient though the food was very pricey and quite small, guess that's milan. Only minor issues with internet, just one hour free is not good. This hotel is quite expensive especially during fairs like the Milano fiera which I was attending. At other times though, it does get cheaper. But overall is good location just steps to station and buses to Milan's major airports.

Room Tip: Even at the highest rooms which is 9th floor were i was, you could still here the travelers boxes on...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Starhotels Anderson? Share your experiences!