“Nice stay at Best Western Milton” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 30%
Ranked #132 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania
“Nice stay at Best Western Milton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel is located a bit outside the centre of Milan; the neighbourhood is not the best one either but we didn't have any problems. It is situated at about 12 minutes walk from the Maciachini metro station. You can also get to the hotel by trolley buses 90 and 91 or by the underground train(station Lancetti). You can easy get to San Siro stadium from the hotel, by taking the trolley 91, which has a stop on the main street, 1 minute away from the hotel.

The reception staff was very friendly, gave us lots of useful info and tips. Breakfast includes ham, cheese, smashed eggs, croissants, different kinds of cookies, fruit juice among the other usual things.

The room and bathroom were clean, the maid made up the room every day; However the thermostat was not functional; the tea machine/coffee was old and dirty, the fridge was not functional but we didn't bother about this. They give you slippers, if you ask :).

In an all, it was a pleasant stay but nothing exceeded expectations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
Ilford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Hotel itself is a nice, clean property, perhaps on the lower end of 4 star league. Decent breakfast available. Wifi only works in reception lobby and not in rooms. Hotel located in side street. Not much to see or do in close vicinity. Helpful staff, especially the lady at Reception in the afternoon/evening.

Note that Lancetti train station is only a few minutes walk. Manchini Metro station is a much longer walk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Fantastic customer service! Thank you especially to Yelena for going the extra mile, the reception staff and people at the bar.
While I was waiting for my taxi, I ordered a coffee and a couple of cookies. I was given a mix of croissants and home made cookies which I didn't expect! When I asked to pay they advised that it was free!
The hotel has been refurbished recently. My room was big, modern, clean. The wifi worked well.
I will definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

At any other time of year this would be an ideal hotel, however we spent Christmas here and staff were minimal and there was some refurbishment painting which meant the kitchen was available for breakfast only but we could get a cup of coffee if we asked at reception. It is not in the centre of town, and the 3km walk would be on busy out of town centre street but the metro and bus services are nearby.The staff on duty (5 stars awarded here) were helpful and extremely welcoming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A great hotel. A little far out but that wasn't too much trouble as the Metro is excellent. Bus transfer from the airport is good. Very helpful customer services. A very good selection at the breakfast buffet. Booking here is recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very nice hotel very clean sumptuous breakfast buffet, nice staff
very helpful and friendly, quiet but central location, easy access by bus to the centrum, no German TV, but overall very quiet hotel
Bus transfer from Malpensa Airport car hire recommended expensive

Room Tip: try nice view from 4th floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have sent a complaint letter to Best Western Customer Service and had given them ample time (2 months) to respond however I have not received any response at all so now I am writing this review.

I stayed here with my 2 friends. I was quite thrilled that I was able to get a
"bargain" for a secret 4 star hotel. It was mentioned that the hotel was situated near the city centre, the price was quite appealing and it is a 4 star hotel, I thought that we would get a good service.

We didn't realise that we had to walk to the hotel for at least 10 minutes (dodgy area) from the nearest metro. Then the room that was first given was a double and single when I had specifically asked prior to the stay for 3 single beds for me and my 2 friends. I asked at the service desk
and we were able to be transferred to a different room with the required number of beds. I also asked for a map to Milan and I was given a poorly photocopied map of Milan. Surely there is proper map that a 4 star hotel could provide?

As it was in the middle of the summer, we turned on the air conditioning. The air conditioning was not working well so we had to sleep with the window open as it was so hot.
The worst thing of all is that when we woke up, all of us found bites on our bodies. We could only assume them to be from bed bugs as some bites were in areas of the body that were definitely covered in clothing while sleeping, and they were all received after that nights' sleep. We also saw the chambermaid spraying something onto the bed on the opposite room from us. We
informed the receptionist but he just said they could be mosquitoes (as if he was the one being bitten) and did nothing about it.

For breakfast, there was a lot of selection of food however the bacon was literally swimming in oil and the scrambled eggs were orange in colour.

We were left down severely by the quality of of a hotel that certainly fell very short of 4 star standard. I stayed once in a 1 star hotel in an Asian country but never experienced being bitten by bedbugs. Our stay here ruined our holiday. This hotel is definitely not worth a 4 star.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Milton Milano? Share your experiences!