“Simple...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #265 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Melbourne
“Simple...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I selected the rating of "Very Good" only because there wasn't an option for just "Good".

Look, the hotel did the job - I suppose I always expect more and am a little disappointed when I don't get it even when I shouldn't expect it but I guess that is my own high expectations playing me there.

Bring toiletries - they only provide basic hand soap which I can only assume is used in the bathroom and in the shower.
The bathroom in my room was relatively recently refurbished for a modern touch which was good. There's certainly no lack of mirrors in the hotel in general!

Rooms are small and internet is 5 euros for 24 hours. I am always disappointed when hotels charge for internet now - it's the 21st century! Should be for free!

Staff were average - not overly friendly or welcoming but not rude. It is also very very quiet at night which is GREAT for a good night's sleep.

Breakfast not included and after seeing what was on offer, I'm glad I didn't pay the 20 euros or whatever it was for it. Good distance from Buenos Aires strip which has lots of shopping and Central Station but a bit of a winding trek to the Duomo and the main attractions there.

Lots of sweets on offer in reception and in your room!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Well, I stayed in Milano several times before and this time I was staying only overnight as I was driving from Zagreb to Monte Carlo and wanted to take a break in Milano. I picked this hotel based on reviews and my personal judgment. Here's my opinion:

PROS: Location is excellent for everything, hotel have some italian touch, rooms are quite clean and nice, service is good, wi-fi 24h is acceptable 5 euros. The rate was only 47 euros, so I think it's well worth of price. If you are not looking for 5* hotel and luxury, if you are satisfied with smaller but sweet hotel on excellent location in Milano, this is for you.
CONS: If you don't want to leave the car on outside parking around hotel, nerby garage is 15 euros a day. There's no view from your room. Room are not spacious, but it's a usual thing in Italy. I thought I had a breakfast included as everywhere in Italy, but I had to pay 9 euros extra. It was my bad, not their.

I would return for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We got a great deal through the hotel's website for a Sunday night stay in June (I think we paid just over 40 euros for a double). The room was quite large and comfortable. Not many toiletries in the bathroom - only shower gel (but then what do you expect for that price!). Good location with the centre easily walkable and two metro stations nearby. The guy at the desk was friendly and very helpful in recommending good restaurants and nightspots.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Columbia, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June 2011. The bed was hard as were the pillows. The actual shower stall was literally smaller than a broom closet. It was 28 inches by 28 inches. There was no room to put ant toiletries which made it almost impossible to take a shower. We checked in on a Wednesday and I gave them 4 t-shirts to wash for me at 4:30 that day. They told me that the laundry would be ready on Thursday evening, but it was not. I called them and they said it would be ready on Friday by 8:15 am, but it was not. It was not ready until 9am on Saturday, the day I was checking out. Instead of my paying 30 euros for this, they cut it in half, but it was not acceptable. I do not recommend thi hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cagliari, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Baviera is listed is as a 3 stars but it is actually a 4 stars hotel.
Centrally located at a walking distance from anything it matters in Milan.
Very close by car or public transports even to Linate Airport.
It is located in a pretty secluded but very lively street populated with multi-ethnic bars and shops.
Rooms are comfortable and furnished with everything the guest might need and I could not hear any noise whatsoever originated from other rooms or conditioning systems and electric devices of sort.
The price is very reasonable in low season and when there are not big events going on in MIlan, provided that breakfast is not included. It might even be advisable to book directly with them trying to bargain on the price. In my case it worked and I got a very reasonable price for one night stay.
Reception is extremely efficient and flexible as I was allowed to check in much ahead of scheduled and customary time.
A mention of particular appreciation for the super efficient and friendly Florin at reception desk. But it was the only one I dealt with, I am sure that even the other staff is as much efficient and friendly.
Internet available but not for for free.

Room Tip: In terms of space, don't get room 406
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
South Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My group stayed here for 1 night before flying home from a photo tour of Italy. The rooms were nice, staff very helpful, breakfast awesome and the airport shuttle was a relaxed way to get to Malpensa for our flights.

I'd stay here again with our photo tour groups - M&M Photo Tours (www.mmphototours.com) and recommend it to those who like comfort without the high price.

Mike G.
President
M&M Photo Tours, Inc
www.mmphototours.com

Room Tip: Book direct on web site & pay cash.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

very good location; in the general centre but quiet, a metro station not even 3 minutes away.
we got a clean, nice room with a big bathroom.
the hotel may not be 4 stars, but the price was a steal.
and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Mokinba Hotel Baviera? Share your experiences!