“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #203 of 432 Hotels in Milan
west sussex
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My stay was a great experience. I found the room, the staff and the location very good indeed. The staff were helpful and recommended a few local places to eat and drink which were very good. You're right next to the Duomo, La Rinascente and The Galleria V-E.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked three rooms for a single night at the Hotel De La Ville, we thought it would be excellent since its location was prime, near Milan's Duomo.
The rooms were decent, on the smaller side, with thin walls and windows, and it was difficult to find parking to check in but we were expecting as much in a large city. What we were not expecting and were ungraciously given, was bad attitude and sarcasm delivered via the concierge Mauritzio.
The man was as unhelpful as I've ever seen, he held our passports for well over an hour and a half while he processed them (when we were quoted thirty minutes), offered no help when the regular garage could not park our van due to its height, simply gave a vacant (could you be more stupid) gaze when we asked him to confirm our booked car saying that he needed the name of the car company when it was provided by our travel agent with our booking, and improved his behavior only when his manager was present.
The rest of the hotel staff was wonderful (the reason for the second star), a valet drove our rental car back to the agency and the bell hop was tremendously patient when dealing with our overly long check in, but our dealings with Mauritzio left us feeling deeply unsettled, and vulnerable in a large city.

To give you an idea of how put out he seemed at our mere presence, despite the quality of the location and the wonderful attitude of the other hotel staff we encountered we will never return to this hotel. He did not seem merely indifferent, he seemed to despise us as soon as we entered the lobby. Frankly, it is insane that he operates within the capacity of hospitality.

Room Tip: Corner deluxe room did have bathtub, but I still wouldn't stay here
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Kyrenia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great little hotel right in the center of Milan! Very close to the shopping area and Duomo! The service is good, rooms are neat and clean. Prices are reasonable. Breakfast is sufficient, but if you want something more or more healthier, there is a juice bar right across the street, and they have all type of freshly squeezed juices, yoghurts and coffee ;)

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Brea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Excellent location!! Modern rooms and very clean. Breakfast was good and had lots of variety. Very close to the best Gelato in Milan.
The Duomo is within sight. Shopping area very close and fab! Would absolutely return.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

Let's start by saying that I only stayed at this hotel because my company sent me there, otherwise I would have gladly chosen another one. Let's try to find some positives:
1) Location - The hotel is conveniently located close to the Duomo and the shopping area Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
2) The rooms have been nicely redecorated.
3) Internet works - which cannot be said of many other hotels
4) End of positives.

Now to the negatives:
1) Literally dogs breakfast: The breakfast is so appalling that you may want to stay elsewhere if, like me, you appreciate lovely food and good service, since you won't find either there. The food choice is, as I said, for dogs, in the sense that they put on offer the cheapest possible discount-outlet cr@p that they find, to save money, hoping that no one will notice. Pity that we do. Examples: instead of cooked ham (prosciutto cotto), you get cheap recycled spalla (third-choice shoulder meat); instead of a choice of bread, you get 1 type of bread, called 'biova' in Italy, and that's it. There are some old pre-cut bread slices, if you wish, but don't expect a choice of baguette and multi grain bread, because that's not going to happen. Fried eggs: recycled from the previous day's breakfast, so old that the egg yolk has turned solid (I am not joking, unfortunately); sausages: same as eggs, recycled, dry, cold, not edible; yogurt: don't expect to find any decent brand, because you'll get some unknown discount cheap rubbish; you want tea? they only have a few tea bags kept in an old and broken wooden box. Etc Etc.

Now to the dogs service: you arrive in the breakfast room and what do you expect? To find a clean, free table, right? Wrong!!! There are 2 not-very-efficient waiters (I'm trying to be polite here...) who cannot be bothered to clean the tables. As a result, guests will not find any, and mind, I said any free table, and have 3 options: 1) complain, and maybe get a table, although not necessarily clean; 2) clean it themselves; 3) go and have breakfast elsewhere.
These guys have no idea what-so-ever about the meaning of good service.
As a result, I never tried their restaurant, since I think that having such a horrible experience once a day is more than enough.

2) What pool???? They advertise a pool, actually, let me quote that joke that they wrote on their website, before I show you the pictures:
"Or, why not, a refreshing swim in our top-floor pool with its dome through you can catch a glimpse of Milan’s starry night sky and the soaring spires of its famous cathedral?"
Now, first the pool is not a pool but a smelly puddle, not even 40 cm deep, so not sure how you can call that a swimming pool. And second, you won't see either stars or the cathedral, because the roof is made of cheap dirty plastic that they never clean, and, more interestingly, because you cannot see the duomo from there full-stop,

To summarise, if you can stay elsewhere, please do,

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably better
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

i am a regular customer i stay in this hotel on monthly basis, i just arrived today and I asked for an early check in but the old guy with eye galsses at the reception said it is impossible before 2 pm!! Waited in the lobby and i could see people chexking in normaly !! Went back and asked again and he answered again maybe 3 pm!! .. I already had an argument with this guy in the past but i am really shocked to be treated this way...
The positive thing in this situation is that now i made up my mind ! This is my last time i will be staying in this hotel..

• Stayed March 2015
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and must say, I was disappointed. The pillows and beddings in my room had a very dirty and used smell. I could not use them even after the sheets were supposedly changed. In addition, my booking was for a 'SUPERIOR QUEEN BED -UPHOLSTERED WITH FINE ITALIAN FABRICS -12 SQ METRE' room and the room I was checked into, according to their website was described as a 'Double deluxe' room, needless to say, I was charged the cost of a 'SUPERIOR QUEEN BED -UPHOLSTERED WITH FINE ITALIAN FABRICS -12 SQ METRE' room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you booked as it seems that staff just assign you any room on arrival- th...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to De La Ville Hotel? Share your experiences!