We booked this partly using our SPG points and partly by paying cash. We had read the mixed reviews on TA and were a bit apprehensive. Weren't expecting much. But right from checkin to checkout this was a most pleasant experience. Very happy with our decision to stay here.
The hotel is very near busy main thoroughfares but tucked away into back lanes behind office buildings. Hence the immediate neighbourhood is quiet and green. 15 min walk from Milan Central Railway Station. For a fit young person it would be quite possible to haul your luggage from the Station to the hotel. It wasn't something that our aged muscles would have relished and hence we took a taxi. About EUR 7 from the Station to the hotel. But at all other times we walked from the hotel to the Milan Centrale FS Metro Station (10 mins) where the Green and Yellow Metro Lines intersect. We also walked from the hotel to Gioia (pronounced Joyia) Metro Station on the Green Line (7/8 mins walk). Taxi to Milan Lineate Airport is about EUR 25. Plenty of bus routes on the main roads around the hotel.
Our standard room was somewhat smallish but had interesting green silk clad walls (see picture). The carpet looked a bit frayed and the furniture a bit tired. But overall everything clean and acceptable. Tea service and mini bar was well stocked. Toilet was large with good hot water pressure. View from the room takes in the surrounding multi storeyed office buildings and roads below.
F&B and Service
On all the evenings we spent at the hotel we were so tired from full days' of sightseeing that we never went out and tried the various restaurants within the hotel. We just ordered room service and relaxed with a drink. Room Service was fast and quality quite all right (see picture).
There's however a fantastic cheap option for meals in the vicinity. Across the parking lot from the front entrance of the hotel is the Oasi Self Service Cafeteria. Wide selection of buffet laid out for lunch and dinner. You chose and serve yourself and sit down at cafeteria style tables. Filling lunch with wine and desert would be EUR 15 max per head. Far less if leave out the wine. This is where all the office workers in the neighbourhood eat their lunch.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Milan Hotel Milan
- Four Points By Sheraton Milan Hotel
- 4 Points By Sheraton Milan Center
- Four Points Milan Center
- Sheraton Milan
- Four Points Milan
- Milan Sheraton
- Milan Four Points
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the business district, the 4-star Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center is the ideal refuge for those looking for a perfect solution for business or leisure trip. The hotel has 254 rooms, tastefully decorated and completely soundproofed and no-smoking.ust a few steps away from the two main railway stations in Milan (Stazione Centrale and Garibaldi), and only 150yd from the metro station Gioia (green line 2) and Centrale (yellow line 3), and from the bus terminal to the major Milan airports: Linate, Malpensa and Orio al Serio.The hotel features the Nectare Restaurant, the Malibran piano bar and a complimentary lobby lounge, open from 5.30 AM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.