“Central location, in dire need of renovation” 3 of 5 stars

Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Gerolamo Cardano 1, 20124 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #121 of 432 Hotels in Milan
London
“Central location, in dire need of renovation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Serviceable hotel, but needs care and attention. I was lucky as a SPG member to be upgraded to a larger room. The wallpaper on the first floor was taped with yellow tape! The sheets could use some fabric softener as they were quite scratchy. The breakfast room was chaotic and picked over by the time I arrived at 8:30. I couldn't find a clean table and had to finally clean it myself after no help was offered. To be fair, the rate of €250 was way more than what is reasonable for a hotel in this state.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MaurizioNaro, Proprietario at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Ekkasmith,
thank you for your review.
The yellow tape you have found was used to prevent a cable hang down. As a matter of fact there was a phone for guest use that was recently damaged.
I apologize if the breakfast service was not as expected but, if you stayed in between May 7th and May9th, the hotel was fully booked and 8.30 a.m. is our rush hour. In spite of everything you should have received proper attention and I will investigate to understand what had happened.
It is the first time that a Guest reports that the linens are scratchy: I will ask to our supplier if they have changed any cleaning product.
Best regards
Maurizio Naro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
hong kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Around 550m from Milan central station. Easy walking distance if you don't carry a big luggage. Close to a metro station, i think about 100m. So you can go anywhere easily. I stay at a single room, it's very small but contains everything, good for business purpose. Reasonable price including free wifi and breakfast. Staff are helpful with cozy atmosphere. Breakfast hasn't got much choice, but definitely enough.

• Stayed April 2013
MaurizioNaro, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear PiaHongKong,
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Four Points Milan and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Milan.
Sincerely
Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I chose this hotel because all other 4-star hotels near the Duomo were really expensive during the week we visited Milan (because of some exhibition). This one has a fair price and very good room. The room was nice and cozy, we liked the furniture and the beds. The internet was with very good quality and was for 10 Euros/day/device. The hotel is located near the train station and 2 metro stations. The AC control was very good. I guess the only con was the unavailability of iron in our room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MaurizioNaro, Proprietario at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Hashim84,
thank you for having posted your appreciated review.
Regarding the iron we have preferred to set up a place located at the first floor for this purpose. This for security reason as the energy requested by this equipment is very high and could swicth off the electricity in the room.
Our price for the wifi connection per one day/one device is €6 not €10. We have a package for 3 day/3devices for €15.
Best regards
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I travel to Milan quite often for work, and I always stay here. I find it has everything you need for a business hotel: fast friendly check-in, comfy bed, good shower, large TV, gym, breakfast included, tea/coffee facility, ironing room down the hall. The internet is kind of slow though, but it's cheap (€6 a night). But I wouldn't come here for a romantic holiday, the rooms don't have any charm. The restaurant is functional and friendly, but nothing special (the buffet looked pretty manky and I didn't touch it). THe menu had about 5-6 pasta dishes, and 5-6 "secondi" dishes, all reasonably priced -- but it was quirky that they had a huge, and expensive wine list to accompany it.
One small negative -- I stay in the refurbished "smart rooms", but I noticed that the bathrooms don't have a shaver plug. I asked about this on checkout, and was told that it was designed that way, but no-one could tell me why, but that the older rooms do have a plug. Strange.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel was ok and served the purpose of a break from a drive from Rome to Switzerland. We ended up on a ground floor room facing the street and there was quite a lot of street noise. The hotel also seemed quite old and needed a facelift.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
We had to walk a fair way to see anything (4KM to the Duomo and the Galleria)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stirling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night on a reward stay. As a gold SPG member I was welcomed and upgraded and offered the use of the executive lounge in the morning for coffee and croissant. The room and bathroom were good, although the shower definitely let it down. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We sat in the lounge for a while on two nights (returning the second night when we were staying elsewhere to watch football). They offered a drink and small Buffett for 10€ but we stuck with drinks only (the appetisers did look very nice but we had dinner plans). We felt we were overcharged for glasses of wine, so look out. The bar was very comfortable and staff very attentive. Free wifi in rooms and public areas always very welcome. Love Sheraton beds, a very comfortable sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here in Feb 2013 during our first two nights of a 6-week stay in Italy. The front desk staff was very accommodating and welcoming, and the restaurant staff was beyond wonderful to my small child, who is deaf. They went out of their way to treat her with kindness and to communicate with her, which I very much appreciated. The rooms were small, but just fine to accommodate our needs (just a place to sleep!). The proximity to the central station was great and allowed us to walk to catch our train to our next destination. My only complaint - and this is a biggie - is that I was double-charged for my hotel expenses. I paid cash when I checked out of the hotel for my incidentals (internet service, a bar expense), and then, lo and behold, it shows up as a charge on my credit card. I have not yet been able to take this up with the hotel, and I am hoping they will make it right, but what a disappointment to have to go through the trouble of getting this corrected.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MaurizioNaro, Proprietario at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear TravellingMomfromTX76,
on behalf of the entire staff I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful words of your review. Kindness and professionalism are aspects I consider fundamental if we wish to go beyond our guests' expecttions.
For the accounting problem, please contact directly marika at info@fourpointsmilano.it. She will take care of the issue personally.
Hoping to see you and your family as soon as possible I remain.
Sincerely yours
Maurizio Naro

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center? Share your experiences!