“nice Hilton in the centre of Milan close to the subway” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #115 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Brussels
“nice Hilton in the centre of Milan close to the subway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

As a diamond member I stayed here 30 times in 2012 and 2013, but still most of the people behind the reception still not recognise me and explain me over and over a time that i have free internet, that i have free access to the executive lounge. The Hilton Milan is an average Hilton with a bit dated guest rooms. However the rooms are very clean, breakfast is really great with a range of choices and life cooking, the executive lounge is small, but attached is a nice roof terras.
I enjoyed most of my stays here also because it is in the centre of Milan and close to the office that i have to visit and close to the well organized subway,

Room Tip: If you are upgrade to an executive room than try to avoid room 906, because it is very small and the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Longines,

Thank you for taking time to post your review about your stay at the Hilton Milan

First of all I would like to thank you for your loyalty in the Hilton chain.
I would like to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service.

Thank you again for your post and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Mario Capano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst in Milan for a business trip. After a long travel to get here, I arrived about 8pm and the welcome at the front desk was pleasant. The hotel is located about 800m from Milan Centrale station and you could walk there if you wished. The decore was reasonable, perhaps a little dated and needing a refresh.

I checked into the non-smoking room on level 3. Then I went downstairs to grab a quick bite to eat before going to bed. The bar restaurant was not busy with just one other diner. I said to the first waiter that I needed something quick and easy because I was tired. No problem he said. So i ordered soup and spaghetti. The soup arrived and while I was finishing that a tour bus arrived. The 2 waiters were engaged watching the new arrivals, and then the first waiter disappeared. The sole bar waiter then became busy with new arrivals and placing orders and it was amazing that no one else including the first waiter came back to help. After waiting 30 mins to attract his attention and enquire about my simple plate of spaghetti (which I could imagine going cold and sticky in the kitchen) I approached the counter, paid up the Euro 19.50 for the bowl of soup and water I had and left disappointed and hungry. The front desk then made a call to my room but I couldn't quickly work out the line buttons to answer it. Then there was a urgent knock on the door. As I was undressed about to jump in the shower and there was no guest shower robes or slippers (or shoe horn for that matter) I didn't wish to answer the door. Not content with that, the lady rang my phone again and requested/demanded that I open the door as she wanted to apologise and give me a bottle of wine. I declined. I didn't wish to open the door naked and I didn't want a bottle of wine and forced apology all I really wanted was a simple quick meal. It's the little things that are sometimes easily overlooked by the big hotel chains.

After that experience and the high prices apparent in the hotel menus I ate out for breakfast and dinners, even if the expenses were covered by business it's not satisfying paying so much for so little, or poor quality.

About the room, well again the decore is a little dated. The bed is large and comfortable with many pillows. Basic tea and instant coffee. Consumed English Breakfast tea bags not replaced during the day so next day you better get used to Decaf Earl Grey. The bathroom was adequate. Shower in bathtub, but the plastic shower wand had a crack and leaked sideways if you held it. So water everywhere on the floor. If you're a regular business traveller you know what I mean and it's probably the same experience elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for posting your experience into TripAdvisor.

First of all I personally apologise for any inconveniences we may have caused to you. Please be sure that our management was informed regarding your sincere feedback and has already taken action so that this case remains isolated.

The opinion of our guests has a great value to us. I would therefore like to thank you for letting us know.

It would be an honour, to be able to restore your confidence in us and in our Brand. Said this,we would be pleased to welcome you back in the future.

Kindly accept once again my apologies for the above issue. In the meantime, I wish you a very nice day.

Best Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed at this amazing Hilton Milan from 2nd August to the 5th. We had an executive room with executive lounge access. I would definitely recommend this hotel! If you can pay extra for an exec room then go for it..

The hotel is situated just opposite the central station. We flew in from Bergamo and jumped on a coach which took us straight to central station.. the hotel is across the road from there. The metro is also in central station so we travelled the city very easily. I would also recommend going to lake como for the day, again you can catch the train from central to verrena.

Amazing staff and amazing service! Thanks for making it so memorable!

Ciao for now!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear roxanak2013,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Milan, during your recent visit to our city and for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding the location, the staff, the executive room and all the service of the Hotel. It’s a pleasure to achieve our guest’s satisfaction.
I am pleased to read that you had a good stay and your positive feedback concerning the staff!
I personally think that courtesy and professional service is the best way to guarantee a pleasant stay!

Washington D.C, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for the last leg of our trip through Italy. The hotel was an excellent choice. Perfect hotel to stay if you plan to visit Milan. We were close to the shopping district that my wife wanted to visit. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant one night and the meal was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear William M,

I' am thrilled to read you had such a nice experience at our Hilton Milan and I appreciate your time taken to share your feedback with other travellers here on TripAdvisor.

It is our aim to provide our guests with the highest standard of quality and service.
I am very happy you appreciated the room features the breakfast and our customer service delivery.

I hope to welcome you back in our property upon your next visit in the city.

Kind Regards,

Helsinki
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

So, normally I love Hiltons because of their standards, you know what you are going to get. We had stayed at the same hotel also before and were ok with it.
This time however the hotel just made a deep dive in service quality. This was our first stop in Italy after coming by car from Switzerland. At the arrival we were informed that our executive room reservation is not enough, because we have two children, a girl aged 3 years and a boy 7 months. The truly unfriendly receptionist told that the law in Italy is so that we have to have two rooms, no matter what kids' age is. When I smiled and asked whether this law is for tourists or Italians also, the receptionist just flipped and started to ask me whether I want to pay full price for the other room and so on. At this point my wife told my to shut up to avoid further conflict and so I did. The end result: We have a great executive room with A LOT of space for even more than two kids AND a second room which of course we didn't use at all as it was not even connected.
To this date I don't know the real "law" in Italy as part of the hotels seem to be okay to travel with children and some aren't. Anyway, the receptionist lady (or the badge stated front desk manager) treated us with no respect and below all Hilton quality standards.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stefania R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear IceTropez,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely concerned reading your disappointment regarding your experience with us and I am very sorry that your expectations were not met.

I hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back and assist you with the highest standard of quality and service.

With Best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for one night on arrival into Italy. Great location near to the central station for quick easy access into Milan. We didn't use the self serve parking but chose to park on the adjacent street for about €3 instead of €20. The room was clean and the bathroom was large, however no complementary breakfast or wi-fi, which for the price was a little disappointing. We did store our own drinks in the mini-bar which triggered the locking device on the fridge, this wasn't resolved quickly and the staff tried to charge us for taking drinks out instead of listening to what had actually happened. Overall the stay was ok but improvements can be made.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
DearThesundancekid1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in TripAdvisor.
It is with my regret I herewith read that we did not meet your expectations and we kindly ask you to accept our apologies for any inconveniences we may have caused to you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in our Hilton Milan in order to restore your confidence in us.

Erskine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We picked this hotel to visit Milan on our way back to Scotland from Kos because of its proximity to the Central Station. As a diamond member I was upgraded to an executive room and had access to the executive lounge for the usual snacks and drinks.

All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful, the room was large and airy and although at the front of the hotel we were not bothered by traffic noise. I cannot comment on the food at the hotel as we did not eat in but there are a good number of eateries near the station close by.

To walk into the centre of Milan is about 35 minutes and about 6 minutes by metro so if you don't mind the walk or travel this hotel is fairly handy for the centre and extremely handy for onward travel to the airports or by train to other parts of Italy.

Dear LPD_10,

Greetings from Hilton Milan and thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It is with great pleasure I read that the Hotel and the Service met your expectations.

Please be sure that your kind comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

We would be very happy to welcome you back in our beautiful city.

Stefania Russo

Been to Hilton Milan? Share your experiences!