“Excellent Hotel - friendly staff and located close to central station” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Milan

Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #109 of 432 hotels in Milan
Southport, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel - friendly staff and located close to central station”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business in March 2013 and I have to say I have a great experience. Its located close to central station (3 minutes walk) so very useful for traveling etc.

I was managing a small meeting here and the hotel performed faultlessly. From a meeting perspective, they were fantastic - excellent meeting rooms, perfectly setup, very attentive staff and fantastic catering. 10/10

The bedroom were slightly dated although very comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side and felt very cramped, although it functioned well and it wasn't really a problem. 7/10 for me.

Two small and sllight gripes I do have was (1) that although I was in a executive bedroom, there was only one plug socket for me to use in my room and that was one the desk, 5 metres away from the bed so I couldn't work on my laptop whilst sitting on the bed. Please put some more plug sockets in the rooms. And (2) wifi access in your bedrooms was too expensive - €20.00 or nothing - no other options. Most hotels offer free wifi access - please note this Hilton Milan!

Breakfast was fantastic with a live cooking station - I had a perfectly cooked omlette! There were plenty of other choices on the buffet too - again 10/10 for me.

Best of all were the staff - there is an excellent culture here within the staff and they were very keen to help me with anything I needed. 10/10

Thoroughly recommend this hotel - but please note about wifi charges

Room Tip: Pay the extra for an exec bedroom as it gives you access to the exec lounge - free drinks, free wifi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Stefania R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Neiltomo,

I would like to thank you for choosing Hilton Milan, during your recent visit to our city and for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your kind comments regarding the location, the staff, the meeting room and all the service of the Hotel. It’s a pleasure to achieve our guest’s satisfaction. I am pleased to read that you had a good stay and your positive feedback concerning the staff!
I personally think that courtesy and professional service is the best way to guarantee a pleasant stay!

As per your comments regarding the internet connection, we would like to inform you that since September 2012, Wifi internet is free of charge in all common areas of the Hotel. There is also available a PC station in the reception area for our guests if needed.

Best regards,

1,101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Union City, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The property seems aged a bit more than what it shows on the web, We did enjoy the executive lounge, which is small but food and wine are good. I won't say it is on par with the average Hilton, but it is probably average given the locale.

Parking, even though it is in the basement, is run by a different outfit (paid cash up front). It is not well lighted and spaces are tight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear TMMak,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read you liked your stay at Hilton Milan; notwithstanding I am looking forward to welcome you back soon in order to offer you a memorable stay!

Of course your impression about the Executive Lounge has been shared with our management and even if the International Parking doesn’t belong to us, we will report your comment to them.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Mario Capano
Nokia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Three nights in the king executive room were one of my best hotel experience. Nice room with 28 m² space and balcony. Very friendly and helpful staff made very kind atmosphere. Breakfast was generous and delicious.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Bipolar,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our property with TripAdvisor readers!

It is our aim to provide our guests with the highest standard of quality and service and I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your room and staff met your expectations.

I hope we will have the chance to exceed once again your expectations during your next visit to Milan,

With kind regards,

Mario Capano
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel three nights during our trip in Europe.
Location is not bad, near the hotel are restaurants and the main train station (5 minutes walk).
Unfortunately, we were not satisfied with the quality of the hotel. Rooms are basic, outdated and with broken furniture. Nothing much to expect for a Hilton quality. Maybe we were lucky and got worse room than others guest...
The hotel is too snobbish, ok I know it's Hilton, but it is overly ... staff is professional and well trained, but without any personal approach. I would prefer a little more friendly touch... Internet access is available but cost 20 euro for 24 hours (!!?). Next time I choose a more friendly hotel with a personal touch, never Hilton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Quiter,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in Tripadvisor. We are extremely sorry for your negative comments and please accept our apologies for any inconveniences we may have caused to you.

Please be sure that it was not our intention to make you feel not valued as we always do our best to keep up with the high Hilton Standards and guarantee our guests satisfaction.

As per your comments regarding the internet connection, we would like to inform you that since September 2012, Wifi internet is free of charge in all common areas of the Hotel. There is also available a PC station in the reception area for our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in our Hilton Milan in order to restore your confidence in us.

Best Regards,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nearby Milan Central station, behing the Gallia Excelsior hotel (closed for refurbishing), you find the Milan Hilton..
Location is convenient if you are interested to take a train in Milano Central railways station that also connect with 2 metro lines.. easy hop to Milan Duomo with the MM3 or Montenapoleone, if you are into crazy fashion shopping..
The hotel is Ok, not new, not old.. room size is reasonable, specially if you upgrade.
Bathroom and fitness centre are small.. or lets say.. reasonably sized.. nothing sparkling.. nice amenities in the bathroom.
Overall comfortable, but not excellent.. all the essentials are there, nothing wow.. nor in the health club, no swimming pool...
Beware of pickpockets around the Central Station

Room Tip: ask for a quite room.. there is no view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr FlyingBlueBoy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your response following your recent stay at the Hilton Milan.
I am really glad to read that you find our location convenient and the hotel overall comfortable. Please be sure that your comments have a great value to us as they give us the occasion to improve and continue to meet our guests expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the city,

Kind regards

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Shame on my company to have chosen this hotel for my recent stay for 3 nights in Milan on a business trip...

My room was located on the 2nd floor, which totally stinks like tobacco... Like people has been smoking there for decades and nobody bothered re-painting the walls... The strong air freshener that they put on can just barely cover that disgusting smell...
But the worse thing was being woken up by the maids that at 7 o' clock AM were trying to enter the room to clean it... That was unbearable and it never happened before in all the hotels I stayed in my entire life...

I just hope next year my company makes a wiser choice about the accommodation...

Room Tip: Do not be on the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Alessandro P,

I would first of all like to apologise for any inconvenience we may have caused to you during your stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience in the TripAdvisor community.

Please be sure that our Executive Housekeeper is already aware of your feedback and has already taken action, so that this case remains isolated. This is not our usual standard and I would like to welcome you back in the future in order to restore your confidence in us.

The second floor, is indeed the only Smoking floor of the Hotel. For this reason I would recommend you asking at the reception for a non smoking room in a higher floor during your next eventual stay with us, where the odour will for sure be much fresher.

Looking forward to welcoming you in our Hilton Milan.

Kind regards
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am always happy with the Hilton chain.
Always seem to be very consistent.
Room was spacious and bed very comfy.
Had some good English telly.
Bathroom a it small but the usual decent toiletries.
Only negative is that the room and bathroom is only a tad dated. Still clean and in good working order, so happy with that.

In the evenings they had a table in reception with a few bowels of different types of sweets. Jellies, liquorice etc. think about 5 different bowels of sweets.
Felt like a young boy again....... Good different touch.

Hotel is about a 20min walk from the centre

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Attie1000,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.
I am pleased to hear your satisfaction about our service, and we always try our hardest to meet our guests expectation.
Thank you again for your loyalty in Hilton Chain.

Kind regards.

Been to Hilton Milan? Share your experiences!