“Enjoyable experience; hotel comfortable; staff attentive; great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Starhotels Rosa Grand

You added Starhotels Rosa Grand to your Saves list
Starhotels Rosa Grand
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza Fontana, 3, 20122 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #69 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Valletta
“Enjoyable experience; hotel comfortable; staff attentive; great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Rosa Grand Milano in December to see the Traviata at La Scala. Highly recommendable; located minutes away from Duomo, Gallerie and La Scala. Rooms spacious, decor right balance between modern and conventional. Staff were very attentive to our every need; particularly attentive concierge who was very helpful in everything we asked for. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here over new year with our teenage children, we had 3 rooms and we were all very happy with all rooms as they were comfortablet,clean and almost Westin quality. Breakfast was a touch ordinary but adequate. The position of this hotel was amazing as it is smack bang in the middle of Milan and you can walk everywhere. We loved it and would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We were happy with all our rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
RosaGrand, Direttore at Starhotels Rosa Grand, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear FiveStarTraveller4,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are very glad that you appreciated our hotel and our service.
Your comments are very rewarding and motivating to continue on this way.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

As a business group, we had a choice of hotels based on the photos from the websites. We went with this hotel as the rooms looked so modern and enticing! in retrospect, we should have sent an agent first! The rooms we received were tacky and common looking! My room faced the back wall of a building with a ceiling grid in my bathroom hanging loose and exposed. I felt that a band of merry men were watching me during my ablutions! To get to y bedroom, I had to walk down numerous wining corridors. It felt like this hotel was a mix of different hotels fixed together.

Outside the cheesy bedrooms, the bar and dining areas are reasonable. The bar does not stay open late and staff will let you know by their body language and the enteance of a LOUD vacuum cleaner that you are no longer welcome! Dining/breakfast areas are bit disjointed, as if more rooms were added later. Little nooks makes you forget how to get back to your room.

The staff are great even with language barriers. The lady Manager is top class!

Don't expect much here. The staff try their best but there is just something wrong with the design of this hotel. If you want. Great location with just a room to put own your head st might, this hotel will suffice.
The hotel, however, is FANTASTICALLY located to the Duomo and the Galleries Vittoria...most impressive buildings indeed!

Room Tip: Ask for one that does not look into the wall of the next building or one that is not a great trek aw...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at Rosa Grand in December 2013. It was my second ever stay at this hotel but will be my last.

I was traveling in and out of Milan so had to make three separate non-consecutive reservations, one night each.

The first stay, I was given a tiny bed in a miserable room that was smaller than my friend's who booked the same category. It was miles away from the lift and had a window facing the back stairwell. As it was one night, and I was very tired after a 12 hour journey, I did not bother making a fuss. This was definitely one of those "last sell" rooms which some hotels have. Not very acceptable considering I made the reservation weeks in advance.

On the second stay, I made it a point to request for a room near the elevator and a double bed at check-in. The room was again miles away from the lift and had two twin beds. It's almost as if they intentionally ignored my requests. I understand that certain requests are just "requests", but I was guaranteed a double bed so I should at least get that. I went down to the front desk and again asked for a room near the elevator and a room with a double bed. The front desk agent looked at me blankly and rudely asked "any other requests?" as if to suggest I was being difficult. I was pretty shocked and responded, "These are not new requests. I had booked a room with a double bed and had already asked you for a room near the elevator at check-in.". He did not respond and simply cut me a new key. I discovered the room was again miles away from the lift and this time the key didn't work. By now, I was pretty fed up and had no choice but to return to the front desk. The final room assignment was my old room from the previous stay which was the miserable "last sell" room. I gave up and at this point decided this would be my last stay. Unfortunately, the three bookings I made were prepaid so I would have to stay a third time, the following week. Later that day, I received an email from the hotel saying they overcharged my credit card and that the correct amount would be charged. I read the email and thought to myself "figures!".

On the third stay, My room was yet again very far from the lift and had two twin beds. At this point, i just laughed. It was however significantly bigger than the "last sell" room I was given on the last 2 stays. But it was not an upgrade. It was simply what I paid for but was not given the last time. While I did not ask for my usual requests at check-in, any decent hotel would have updated my preferences in my guest profile and considering the mess ups from the last stay would have made it a point to get it right. That was obviously too much to ask for. Later in the evening, I stopped by the front desk to see if I could get a cash advance. The Rosa Grand apparently does not offer this service which I found strange. Again in my experience, any decent hotel offers this service. I asked if they could do cash exchange to which they directed me to the concierge desk. When I got to the concierge desk, the agent was on the phone and did not acknowledge me waiting with a gesture or anything. This is basic hotel training. When he finally got off the phone, I discovered they don't do cash exchanges. I just smiled, said thank you and went out for dinner. The next morning I checked out and said good riddance.

I actually work in the hotel industry - have been for almost 20 years. The service and incompetence of this hotel is simply shocking. I was so annoyed that this is in fact my first review on trip advisor. I will never stay at this hotel ever again. There are much better options available in the area and I would gladly pay triple for a nicer, better managed hotel with some class.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
RosaGrand, Direttore at Starhotels Rosa Grand, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear KLTA4,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stays in Milan and for taking part of your precious time to review your experience.

Guest’s comments and suggestions are very important to us and we regret to learn our failure in meeting your expectations. The events reported do not represent the level of hospitality that we strive to guarantee to our Guests. Assuring appropriate actions to prevent the recurrence of similar experiences such as your, we would be pleased to know more in details about your reservation and the staff who you encountered during the stay.

Should you wish to reconsider our hotel for eventual stays in Milan, you are kindly invited to contact us directly to agree the most suitable accommodation for your needs.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and to have a new opportunity for regaining your preference.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel was in an amazing location (right next to the Duomo and Galleries Vittorio, and a quick walk to the main shopping districts).

It lacked anything special and seemed like it was missing a few touches to elevate the experience from ok to average.

The rooms were acceptable, but seemed to lack a few things as to describe the experience as particularly comfortable, clean nor special.

Breakfast was disappointing, but it is to be expected that the scale and size of the hotel limits the quality of the breakfast as they have to make it in bulk. Very limited range of food.

All in all, the stay was average. Nothing terrible, nothing remarkable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Rosa Grand from the 10th-12th December. As soon as i arrived at the hotel i was made to feel welcome. The front desk were friendly and helpful along with the waiting staff who were never far away and even the smallest of tasks was not a problem. The concierge also sorted out a ticket for the Milan Ajax match and the seats were superb.

My room was fantastic and the food from the restaraunt was great.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and when i hopefully go back to Milan i will be booking a stay at the Rosa Grand. The location is also unbelievable and right behind the Duomo.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Nicholas,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

We are very glad that you appreciated our hotel and our service.
Your comments are very rewarding and motivating to continue on this way.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Pfaffikon, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

One of the family run Starhotels Group, a success story in the Italian hospitality industry founded on the core values of Italian style, professionalism and business sense. Like the other Starhotels we happened to stay in Italy, Rosa Grand is well appointed and maintained, prominently designed and conveniently located, in quiet area yet steps away from Duomo. And like the others, it is built for business rather than leisure travellers - efficient rather than friendly, impressive rather than homely. That said, undoubtedly professional and business minded service, nothing to complain about. If only the choice of toiletries, why should they be “made in P.R.C.” given such a bewildering range of home products?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Starhotels Rosa Grand? Share your experiences!