“Good quality for competitive price” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #194 of 433 hotels in Milan
“Good quality for competitive price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good modern hotel, very close to the metro. I really liked the quality of the rooms, but voice isolation between room was not so good. Also the area around of the hotel looked
as industrial areA, but it was easy to reach the center. Internet is free, but it was problems with connection. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2013

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

In Milan for vacation and had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We took the Metro from the airport with no problem. The rooms are very small but very clean. The beds are a little firm which was fine for me but may not be for some. We stayed in room 407 and it was pretty quiet. The front staff is friendly and speaks English which was a bonus for us. Lorenzo assisted us at check in was helpful and provided us with a map of the city noting points of interest. The daily breakfast is pretty good. There were options of cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs and pastries. The coffee was a bit cold but there is also coffee in the lobby. There are a few restaurants and lounges within walking distance. This is more of a business hotel but I would stay here again on my next trip to the city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I loved this hotel! Helpful and friendly staff, nice rooms and very comfortable bed but the best of all si the location! You can get in 3 min in Duomo by metro wich is immediately outside of hotel or even better, you can spend your evenings in Porta Romana, one of the most interesting areas of Milan, full of great restaurants. I'll deffnitely stay here on my next trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Stefania M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Major, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Jelena797, thank you very much for your nice review !!!
Don't forget to subscribe the Newsletter so you will be updated with all news !!!

ATHENS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Central Milano is an expensive place and everybody knows that. Moreover, Malpensa airport is too far away and too expensive for a taxi to drive you to your sleeping destination. To reach hotel Major at Piazzale Lodi, I took the bus outside Malpensa arrivals (10 euros) till central train station in Milano and then the metro (yellow line 3) till Lodi Tibb (7 stations away from Centrale Milano). Hotel Major is just above the metro station of Lodi Tibb. The personnel is always with a real smile on their face (not a grin) and very helpful. The rooms (single) are small and the sound insulation is poor (at least mine's was very poor, I am afraid). The Wi-fi in the room was free and very quick and the bathroom was tiny enough but working well.
Breakfast was arranged in the underground and the quality/variety was respectable. Don't even think of a bar, as it was "arranged" in the lobby place. Maybe this hotel came out of an old building re-arrangement and rennovation in the first place.
I had to leave my window open for fresh air to come in, as the room air volume is poor and airconditioning had low or zero fresh air coming in.
I would ask for more if it was a choice to go with my wife as a tourist. As a business trip traveller my priorities are personnel kindness and a good healthy breakfast.

Room Tip: maybe a corner room - having less common walls with others, offers better sound insulation. It is no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear KOSTANTINO M, I would like to thank you for your recent review, I will take care of all points togheter with my staff.
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Major has 60 rooms, most of them are standard but different, do not hesitate to contact me for your next business or leisure stay, we will choose the best room solution for you.
We also have 4 superio rooms with jacuzzi !!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had booked this hotel for two nights over one month before I will stay.
My booking condition was "not refundable", "immediate charge" and "no cancellation allowed".

When I arrived this hotel, the receptionist told me "Today our hotel has a facility problem, we can't prepare any room. I sent email about it. I will offer you another hotel, upgraded room and free taxi."
It was weird because all email are sent to my iPhone I can check anywhere, anytime, but I hadn't received it. Further more, my colleague had already stayed this hotel from four days ago. He had told me everything is fine.

I asked the receptionist about it. However, he just say "what I can do is offer the other hotel". I felt he is forcing me to move another hotel. I know it was just overbooking and it was their mistake, although, he was not honest and never apologies. He is LIAR!!
Besides, I immediately checked the price of the hotel he offered, the highest rate of the hotel is half price of this hotel. He pretended the cheaper hotel as upgraded.

I had argued him for few minutes, because I had already paid everything one month ago. They should secure my room.
It's absolutely insane.

Finally.....another receptionist came and told me "we have got cancellation call just now. You can stay. You are so LUCKY!!"

Whilst I had almost been cheated, I could stay this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
STEFY00, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Major, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Onejapanesetourist, I would like to thank you for your recent survey. I was out of office and I promised myself to be back with you as soon as possible, but I'm late, I know all about that day I was in Hotel and we really had problems and we really tried to solve the problems then a few minutes after you checked in a room was cancelled and we had all the intentions to let you overnight.
I really apologize again and I will be back soon in the next few days.

Do not hesitate to contact me for further information.

Breda, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is well-located near the Lodi square and the subway station. The lobby and breakfast room are modern and inviting. The bar area is a bit small, so don't go celebrating here.
The single room I had was small, but sufficient. The bed could have been longer (I am not so tall) but the pillows were okay. Bath room contained everything but that was it. No surprises here, bit of a small desk. The rooms were however very noisy, especially from within the hotel. So thin walls and double glazing to keep out traffic noise (no need to ask for a room at the back).
Breakfast was okay, sufficient choices and good cappuchino.
Staff was at your service but you would not call it helpful. Wifi also okay with some hick-ups. This hotel doesn't thrill your senses, doesn't surprise and has sufficient for travellers which do not require much. Price is however too high for what you get. Check prices before considering it for a city trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff is really friendly and helpfull! The hotel is modern and offers great private parking, free wifi (also in rooms) and the breakfast is good. The rooms are small but clean. The rooms are good sound isolated and have great airco! The hotel is located at a perfect point in Milan and located above the subway! Good hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Major? Share your experiences!