“One of the best average level business hotels” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #164 of 432 Hotels in Milan
ATHENS
“One of the best average level business hotels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Central Milano is an expensive place and everybody knows that. Moreover, Malpensa airport is too far away and too expensive for a taxi to drive you to your sleeping destination. To reach hotel Major at Piazzale Lodi, I took the bus outside Malpensa arrivals (10 euros) till central train station in Milano and then the metro (yellow line 3) till Lodi Tibb (7 stations away from Centrale Milano). Hotel Major is just above the metro station of Lodi Tibb. The personnel is always with a real smile on their face (not a grin) and very helpful. The rooms (single) are small and the sound insulation is poor (at least mine's was very poor, I am afraid). The Wi-fi in the room was free and very quick and the bathroom was tiny enough but working well.
Breakfast was arranged in the underground and the quality/variety was respectable. Don't even think of a bar, as it was "arranged" in the lobby place. Maybe this hotel came out of an old building re-arrangement and rennovation in the first place.
I had to leave my window open for fresh air to come in, as the room air volume is poor and airconditioning had low or zero fresh air coming in.
I would ask for more if it was a choice to go with my wife as a tourist. As a business trip traveller my priorities are personnel kindness and a good healthy breakfast.

Room Tip: maybe a corner room - having less common walls with others, offers better sound insulation. It is no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stefania M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Major, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear KOSTANTINO M, I would like to thank you for your recent review, I will take care of all points togheter with my staff.
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Major has 60 rooms, most of them are standard but different, do not hesitate to contact me for your next business or leisure stay, we will choose the best room solution for you.
We also have 4 superio rooms with jacuzzi !!!

hmajor.direzione@tin.it

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had booked this hotel for two nights over one month before I will stay.
My booking condition was "not refundable", "immediate charge" and "no cancellation allowed".

When I arrived this hotel, the receptionist told me "Today our hotel has a facility problem, we can't prepare any room. I sent email about it. I will offer you another hotel, upgraded room and free taxi."
It was weird because all email are sent to my iPhone I can check anywhere, anytime, but I hadn't received it. Further more, my colleague had already stayed this hotel from four days ago. He had told me everything is fine.

I asked the receptionist about it. However, he just say "what I can do is offer the other hotel". I felt he is forcing me to move another hotel. I know it was just overbooking and it was their mistake, although, he was not honest and never apologies. He is LIAR!!
Besides, I immediately checked the price of the hotel he offered, the highest rate of the hotel is half price of this hotel. He pretended the cheaper hotel as upgraded.

I had argued him for few minutes, because I had already paid everything one month ago. They should secure my room.
It's absolutely insane.

Finally.....another receptionist came and told me "we have got cancellation call just now. You can stay. You are so LUCKY!!"

Whilst I had almost been cheated, I could stay this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
STEFY00, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Major, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Onejapanesetourist, I would like to thank you for your recent survey. I was out of office and I promised myself to be back with you as soon as possible, but I'm late, I know all about that day I was in Hotel and we really had problems and we really tried to solve the problems then a few minutes after you checked in a room was cancelled and we had all the intentions to let you overnight.
I really apologize again and I will be back soon in the next few days.

Do not hesitate to contact me for further information.

Breda, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is well-located near the Lodi square and the subway station. The lobby and breakfast room are modern and inviting. The bar area is a bit small, so don't go celebrating here.
The single room I had was small, but sufficient. The bed could have been longer (I am not so tall) but the pillows were okay. Bath room contained everything but that was it. No surprises here, bit of a small desk. The rooms were however very noisy, especially from within the hotel. So thin walls and double glazing to keep out traffic noise (no need to ask for a room at the back).
Breakfast was okay, sufficient choices and good cappuchino.
Staff was at your service but you would not call it helpful. Wifi also okay with some hick-ups. This hotel doesn't thrill your senses, doesn't surprise and has sufficient for travellers which do not require much. Price is however too high for what you get. Check prices before considering it for a city trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff is really friendly and helpfull! The hotel is modern and offers great private parking, free wifi (also in rooms) and the breakfast is good. The rooms are small but clean. The rooms are good sound isolated and have great airco! The hotel is located at a perfect point in Milan and located above the subway! Good hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Salzburg, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Being right next to a subway station is really convenient getting around and that's what counts when in a city and you are on a sightseeing trip. If you want a room with a view, this is not the place for it. Rooms are a bit small, like in any other Italian hotel. The shower is a cubicle where you hit your elbows on the side walls if you move. Breakfast is ok, the breakfast lady doesn't care, eggs etc are all cold and she bangs dishes so loudly, you feel it is time to get on with your breakfast and move on, maybe that's her intention so she can go home. The garages are so tiny that if you have a SUV it wont fit in the tiny hole. Good enough for a 3 night stay and 3 nights are enough to explore around Milan.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
STEFY00, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Major, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear RT, thank you very much for your review regarding you stay in Milan at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Major of Milan.
The view unfornunately is not the best in Milan!I will work to solve the point you noted at the breakfast room and if you would like to contact me for better explain the situation this it will help me to understand better the person in charge.
Tha garages are not so big, but if you book and communicate the car you are driving to we have a different solution at our property , and also a pick up services with a private garage in the area.

Do not hesitate to contact me.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It is in a convenient location right at the metro station making it any easy commute into town. I didn't get out much because I was there wasn't many tourist things I saw in the immediate vicinity. Internet was free, bed was hard, staff polite enough and a generally lack luster breakfast. If you are a 'larger' person the toilet was squashed in between the shower and the wall so tightly there was no room for the toilet paper so it positioned in an unconventional location but here is plenty of room if you prefer to use the bidet. There is a nice supermarket 300M down the road if you need to stock up on anything i.e. cheese or salami while you are in Italy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Renato, I would like to thank you about the review you posted regarding your overnight at the BEST WESTERN Hotel Major in Milano. Please note that we are 4 subway station far from Piazza del Duomo, the subway stop Lodi Tibb is just beside the Hotel Entrance.
The BEST WESTERN Hotel Major has most standard rooms and 4 superior with jacuzzi, so I hope if you will be back in Milan to welcome you personally and show you the accomodation better convienent for you.

Do not hesitate to contact me .