“Lost... and found” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Lost... and found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

It was my first hotel in a 1 month trip to Italy. Good acomodations, excellent personel, and a decent breakfast. Been in front of Milano central station and in a walk distance from de Corso Buenos Aires (a mecha of shopping in Milano) helps a lot too.
But for me the most important feature was the prestativines and heart-kinded of the staff. I forgot my car document in the room valt. They found it and send me direct to Brazil!
Strongly recomended.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The location is good, very near to Central Station.
The lobby is fine, it is below the street level but hotel staff could help you to carry. Two elevators available from the lobby.
However, the shower box is hanging above the floor makes the water could easily run out. If you dont careful it will flood your bathroom or even your room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hotel location is good, about 5 mins walk from Milan Central Train Station. Hotel staffs were polite and helpful. They helped me called the tour agency to book day tour to Saraville Outlet and Leonardo da Vinci Last Supper. Room was a bit old but understand that the hotel is undergoing renovation so we should be expecting new rooms soon. Hotel room rate was very reasonable and room is preetty big.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
DirezioneAtlantic, Proprietario at Best Western Hotel Atlantic, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Mr. Chee Wei,Thank you very much for you kind review.
We are pleased to inform you that three out of six floors are already reportedly renewed,while the breakfast room ,the hall and the bar will be finished at the end of December in order to enter the new year completely renewed.
We hope to see you soon as our guest so as to be able to see our fully renovated facility.

Warm Regards

Davide Canzi~Managing Director
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a fabulous little hotel very easily accessible from the station and perfect for my purposes (over it stay with a train trip the next day to Verona). Good sized room, very clean and a very comfortable bed! The staff are welcoming and pleasant - would definitively stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Hotel Atlantic is a member of the Choice Hotels chain, of which I am a member. This property is well located to both the metro and Milan's Central Station (about two minutes' walk). The area around the station has numerous shops and eateries, most cafes and fast food places and pizzerias. It felt perfectly safe and was very busy and bustling.

The hotel is spotlessly clean: room, bathroom and public areas. The front desk staff are very helpful and engaging and speak perfect English. There is a very attractive lounge area of the ground floor with a computer available for guest use.

The room size is fairly generous for a European hotel, and the bathroom, though compact, did not feel at all cramped. There was plenty of hot water and good water pressure. What really impressed me though were the towels: thick, huge bath sheets, which you virtually never see in Europe and don't often see in the US, unless at a fairly upscale property.

The decor was very modern (I was told my room had recently been redone) with gray/silver walls and window sheers and bedding with a splash of burgundy. My room on the fifth floor was very quiet; no traffic noise at all.

The breakfast room is small, and tables are fairly close together, but it is very bright and cheerful and the staff is attentive at replenishing items right away. There is a decent selection of cold meats, cheese, rolls, bread, cereals, fruits and pastries. The breakfast was included in my room; might be a little pricy if you opt to add it on.

On my way back from Milan from the Cinque Terre I had the misfortune to have my wallet (including all cards and money) stolen, as well as my smartphone. The only people in Milan I knew were here at the hotel and so I went there, hoping to be able to use their computer to try to contact friends and my bank (as since my phone was taken I had no one's contact info!). They could not have been more kind, letting me use the computer and even offering a subway ticket to get me to my next destination. Even before their thoughtfulness at the end of my trip, I'd have given a glowing recommendation, but this shows that the staff really try to help someone who isn't even their guest at the time. Kudos!

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room on an upper floor, was very satisfied with my room and the bed was hea...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
DirezioneAtlantic, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Atlantic, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Amethyst23, I'm glad to see that our aim to improve the hotel rooms is starting to be positively accepted by our guests. In fact also the reception staff is always trying to do it's best, in order to minimize and help our guests as well as we can. In the meantime we have also reopened the breakfast room that is at least twice as big as the one we had to use during it's restoration works. We hope to see you anytime soon again in Milan. Thank You again.
Best regards
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. The room was large for Europe, clean and Internet provided.

Close to station. Minor problem in that you have to go down one flight of stairs.

Very friendly staff on first evening, sold transport pass at counter.

Negatives: tried to recharge for room prepaid room, but I am sure that was a mistake. Poor plumbing, waste water in shower and basin took a long time going.

At one stage got a rumbling in pipes then odd colored water for a couple of minutes, Luckily not whilst in shower. Afterwards we wouldn't drink water.

• Stayed August 2012
DirezioneAtlantic, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Atlantic, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear fdKen, thank you for the good comment left on Trip Advisor. I have to apologize for the poor water quality, but unfortunately after 15 years of use, we had to change the compressor that puts into the water system enough pressure in order to reach the bathrooms of the 6th floor. Therefore we had to empty all the clean water system before installing the new one, and then refill the whole system again. In addition to that I also apologize for not having lifted the sink plug with a screwdriver in order to allow the waste water to flow away in advance. But that was done immediately after you informed us. We do periodically check all the sink plugs, but this time it was clearly not done properly. Nonetheless I hope to have as our guest in the near future, especially considering the fact that we are currently refurbishing all our rooms. Best regards
Lurgan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Would have given this hotel a better rating had we not been put in a very dark room with grills on the window (think this was because the view wasn't up to much) beside the laundry. I took this personally as we had got a deal with 3 nights for the price of 2 so thought they had downgraded us because of this. As well as this there was a lot of work going on that we hadn't been warned about and we were wakened very early to the sound of drilling and hammering.Also the bar was closed one night when we came in around 12pm. On the plus side the room was clean with a nice bathroom and breakfast was nice with crusty rolls, toast, boiled eggs, ham, fruit cereals and yogurts. The hotel is very close to the train station - a lovely building. We were brought to the hotel by a very friendly Lithuanian who helped us with our cases but when we tipped him E5 he asked for more and ended up with E10! They do expect their tips. There a little bar with tables outside called Alamagne which does lovely Focaccia bread with cheese and ham. Theres a pizzeria (staff in yellow T shirts) just down from there where we paid E44 for 2 mediocre pizzas, a beer and a glass of wine and were changed E6 for table charge we thought that was a service charge but he still asked for his tip (as we like to watch the world go by side by side they charged us for two tables even though there was hardly anyone else there). Milan wasn't quite what I expected-a lot of graffiti on lovely old buildings and there didn't seem to be any effort to clean it off.Some nice things to see but I would recommend the open topped bus trip as I was a bit nervous when walking through some of the areas.

Room Tip: Try to get one at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DirezioneAtlantic, Direttore at Best Western Hotel Atlantic, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest, I think you have made some confusion about your stay in Milan. Our laundry is located in the -1 undergroud floor, very close to the entrance that leads to our garage and obviously there are absolutely no rooms on that lower floor. In addition to that, all our rooms have no grids on the windows ! The bar can be closed at 12 pm, that's true, but still there is a minibar with drinks and snacks in each room. There is also a big hot water kettle at the disposal of our guests 24hrs/24 just in front of the recepition desk. I hope nonetheless that you'll return to our hotel in order to see the renovated rooms that will be ready at the end of August. Thank you for taking your time to sending your comment about us.
The Manager

Been to Best Western Hotel Atlantic? Share your experiences!