“A Very Classy Hotel in the Heart of Milan” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bogota, Colombia
“A Very Classy Hotel in the Heart of Milan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Principe di Savoia game me one of my best experiences while staying in Milan. It´s sophistication has no limits. The restaurant offers great food and service. Reception staff always there to help you. The swimming pool and spa offer the best wellness services and quality of products.
Educated and well mannered people attending you all the time. An excellent hotel for luxury lovers.

Room Tip: Presidential Suite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Veryprivate,
Thank you so much for your amazing review. I am ecstatic to hear that your stay was perfect and I have already shared your kind words with all the team of the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I am also happy that you were able to experience also our Acanto restaurant and Club 10 as I believe they truly enhance the overall atmosphere of the hotel.
I hope to welcome you back very soon.
Ezio Indiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Fabulous hotel. In fact, it was so good, that I’m really looking forward to staying again, which will probably be the same time, next year.
I’m giving 5 stars and here is my warts n all review.

1. I was so impressed by the comments that the General Manager, Ezio Indiani leaves on Trip Advisor after every review. They are always very polite and charming (even if the review hasn’t been) and really, every hotel manager, no matter how big or small the hotel is, should take their cues from him.
2. It was my wife’s birthday and was the whole reason for our trip, and I emailed the hotel to let them know this and to ask if Mr. Indiani would like to be in a quick photo with us to put on Trip Advisor. The hotel replied that he was on holiday but they would note that it was my wife’s birthday.
3. On arrival, the doormen were very, very nice and charming and our bags were taken from us, to be reunited with us when we entered our room.
4. The entrance way sets the tone and you are entering one very plush establishment.
5. On arrival, I think they must have put a note on file that I mentioned my wife’s birthday and that I would probably be doing a Trip Advisor review as the clerk left the desk and arrived back with Andrea Greggio, the (very charming and handsome) Room Division Manager who greeted me warmly and spent quite a while with me.
6. When we book a good hotel, I always make a point to arrive in casual attire. Never a suit. This shows the quality of the staff in the hotel, if they treat you any differently, it’s a bad hotel with bad staff but Mr. Greggio treated me like I was a VIP. Perhaps because they thought I’d be contacting Mr. Indiani, who knows, but from being greeted by the Bellboys, to the Room Division Manager, to the concierge to the breakfast room and the bar staff, everyone was fabulous!
7. The best hotel we have experienced so far is the Hotel Hermitage in Monte Carlo, and this hotel is definitely on a par with that.
8. My wife suffered a very, very bad migraine on arrival and so rushed to the bedroom and we spent the day and night in our room. But that was no bad thing as the room was fabulous.
9. We ordered room service. Having dined on goose, lobster, fois gras, veal, trout and rich risottos up to this point, I just fancied a cheeseburger! LOL! I ordered the cheeseburger and my wife a sandwich (which she didn’t eat as she was so ill), so I happily ate both. But they weren’t very good. The burger was very dry (I had asked for it well done) but it really was no good and neither was the sandwich, so marks off for the food. But it did arrive quickly (within 30 mins) and on a nice trolley that turned into a table with cloth and silverware and by again, a very nice member of staff and again, very good looking. Is this hotel staffed by models? (I joke of course but everyone did look great!) And after I had had enough, I phoned to have it collected and it was taken away promptly.
10. For my wife’s birthday, the hotel had very kindly left a bottle of prosecco in an ice bucket, and a fruit tart with “Happy Birthday” on it and a small birthday card. Such a lovely touch and I really appreciated it. (I hope I don’t sound ungrateful here as I don’t mean to be, but this particular brand of prosecco is really not to my taste and I’m being very polite. It’s the same brand that is on offer at breakfast and it’s really not worth having it as it’s awful. But maybe that will stop you drinking lots at breakfast and costing the hotel lots of money!)
11. I forgot to ask for a quiet room, (I’m not sure if it would have made any difference) but we were one floor up and were over the entrance way and maybe the desk and an office as I could constantly hear chairs scraping against floors, so soundproofing is an issue, but I wouldn’t think there’s anything that can be done about that. (Apart from putting pads on the chairs legs below to make sure they don’t make a scraping noise. That would be an easy thing to do.)
12. Room service for a sandwich and a burger was 50 euro; a movie (Zero Dark Thirty) was 20 euro. A diet coke was 7 euro and water was 7 euro. Expensive? Yes, but…this is what you pay when you stay in such an establishment anywhere. You could buy supplies in Milan if you are on a budget.
13. The room itself was great, a lovely big size and was very plushly decorated, exactly to my taste.
14. The bathroom was beautiful with a lovely mosaic tile around the fittings and the shower was very good, refreshing and powerful. Dressing gowns and slippers supplied of course and the toiletries are Aqua Di Parma, a very famous and upmarket Italian brand.
15. Separate to the room was a changing room with plenty of space, quality hangers, accessories and safe.
16. Sleep quality was excellent; I slept soundly all night, not waking till my alarm went off.
17. The breakfast choice was excellent. Plenty of breads, at least four types of croissants, various juices (I had strawberry), meats, cheeses and a selection of hot dishes. The usual fare, eggs, ham, sausages. Mushrooms.
18. The breakfast staff are very polite and courteous and will bring the tea and coffee promptly on request. You can lounge here as long as you like and there is also prosecco if you want it (see my comment on that above) I wish I had eaten more but find I really can’t eat much at breakfast, so there’s lots for me to try next time.
19. The hotel has a complimentary car that will take you into Milan and more importantly, it will also bring you back again. It runs every 15 minutes, or every 30 minutes on certain days and makes 3 or 4 stops in the city. We got off not far from the Duomo and Castello Sforzesco. Just go back to where it left you off and you can take it back to the hotel. And…it’s a black stretch limo!!! And all part of the hotel service.
20. The bar, the Principe bar, is as the rest of the hotel is…fabulous. We were the only ones there when we arrived to have cocktails. I didn’t catch what the barman’s name was, but Ezio, if you are reading…he is picture in my photo of it. He was great, was over to us quickly, bringing crisps, olives and nuts (none of which I like LOL) took our cocktail order and returned quickly after preparing them. He returned shortly after with a small plate of canapés to enjoy with our drinks and then returned a while after with a selection of bite sized pizzas which were soooo good. So, the cocktails are 20 euro each, but you are sitting in fabulous surroundings and you also get a number of nibbles with your drinks. I don’t know if you get these with just the first drink, or are they replenished after 2 or 3 or on request, as we had to leave for the airport but maybe Mr. Indiani can confirm.
21. Taxis sit right outside the hotel door and a taxi to Malpensa Airport costs a flat fee of 90 euro. Ask for a receipt as the tax left his meter running and it ran up to 110 euro and he wrote that on my receipt, even though I handed over 90 euro anyway, well, 100 euro with tip. Malpensa is quite a while away from Milan, about an hour.
22. So, this is a fabulous hotel. We paid 281.60euro for 1 night and it was worth it to have such luxurious surroundings, a beautiful room and bathroom where everything was of very high quality, right down to the cutlery. Breakfast was included and use of a stretch limo!!! Come on, if you are coming to Milan, stay in the best the city has to offer without paying double or triple the price to stay in similar luxury hotels in the city. (I’m looking at you Park Hyatt and Bulgari)
23. I’ll chase Mr. Indiani for a photo if we stay again next year.
24. Thank you to everyone for a lovely stay, if I had known how good it was going to be, I’d have made time to stay longer.
25. (I’ll post my photos ASAP)

Room Tip: Ask for a higher, Q U I E T room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear cartagia,
I am back from my vacation and so sorry that I have missed you. Thank you so much for your absolutely lovely and through review. It has really made my return much brighter. Your comments on all the staff of the Hotel Principe di Savoia are music to my ears and I am so proud to work with such exceptional people. I am sorry to hear that the hamburger you ordered was not to your liking and I will advise room service in order to make sure that for your next stay it is perfect. Furthermore please do let me know what prosecco you prefer. I am glad that you took advantage of our complimentary car service and may I suggest next time to also go to our penthouse floor were we have a lovely Spa, gym and swimming pool. In regards to your question we offer canapés with all drinks ordered during our aperitif time from 18.30-21.00. I really look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully next time your wife will also be able to enjoy it fully as I was sad to hear that she was not well.
Warmest regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Enjoyed every minute
Recommend this hotel for anyone seeking luxury.
Their rooms are very alagant and relaxing
My only remark don't use their laundry service.......
Their restaurants are great.
I had a great time....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nadola,
I am pleased to hear that you had a great time at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and enjoyed every minute. Please do let me know what happened with the laundry service as I want to make sure that everything is impeccable. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is very luxurious and at an affordable price. Not to say that the hotel is cheap, but you don't need to be rich to stay here. On the other hand, this hotel is the choice for many ultra-rich people. I saw a few million dollar automobiles parked at the hotel entrance. The clothes shop in the lobby sells shirts for 1,100 Euro. Get the idea? The rooms are fabulous. The service is superb. They provide complementary Internet and a daily newspaper. The Spa is very nice and also free. The location is not too central but they offer a free shuttle service. And cabs downtown only cost about 7 Euro. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear daveydave12,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the room, service, spa and our complimentary car service to the historical centre. I will be sure to share your kind words with all my team. The Hotel Principe di Savoia offers its Guests a wide variety of rooms and suites so you can stay in one of our Classic Rooms and still experience all the luxury that we have to offer otherwise you can completely indulge and stay in the Presidential Suite where all the most powerful celebrities and heads of state have stayed.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Sunshine coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed last year after a lovely but exhausting Christmas tour with our family of 11.
We needed a romantic break together and this hotel was wonderful. large beautiful suite decorated with antiques and fab acqua di Parma products in the very spacious bathroom with double sinks and large bath.
Staff all friendly and welcoming.
The cocktail bar is great, all class,but be aware with the cocktails comes a large platter of various delicious finger foods, if you have booked dinner in the restaurant, you will only need a main course.
The food was lovely, in the restaurant, very authentic and sophisticated Italian, with impeccable service.
the hotel is a short drive from the Duomo & shopping precincts, but a shuttle is available that can drop you off at various locations. For lunch a lucky find in the center of Milan, near the Ferrari shop was a great Italian restaurant called Charleston. You have to go early or book, but excellent Italian fare. We will definitely stay in this hotel again if we return to Milan, it was really a lovely experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear cytobabe,
It is with immense pleasure that I read your review and I thank you for taking the time to write it. I will share your kind words with all my exceptional staff. At the Principe di Savoia we all work extremely hard in order to make our guests feel at home and offer them an unforgettable stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel and were able to experience also our Principe Bar and Acanto Restaurant. The Charleston is also one of my favorite picks near the Duomo. I sincerely hope that your travel plans bring you back to Milan to discover all its hidden secrets and to personally welcome you back at our Hotel.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here recently for a work trio and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was helpful although slightly stuffy. Rooms are huge and well furnished. Buffet breakfast was of good quality and the dining room was beautiful. They have shuttle that can take you to Duomo etc but is convenient if you want to catch trains for day trips as it is close to Milano Centrale station. Swimming pool is small and crowded during our stay but they do provide swimming caps and floaties. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear SYD-YYZ,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I am also pleased that you managed to take advantage of our Spa swimming pool, car service, Acanto restaurant and vicinity to other attractions. My whole team and I look forward to welcoming you back and offering you another exceptional experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very good. First of all, the interior decor is really classy and the Room is spacious and clean. The hotel staff is very helpful and attendant .The restaurant though expensive, serves some of the best food I have ever tried in Milan. The hotel location is 10-15 min away from the ci

• Stayed June 2013
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear M-AlBusaidi,
thank you for sharing your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia, and for your kind words.
I will make sure to share your kind comments with the rest of our staff.

Ezio Indiani, Hotel Principe di Savoia

Been to Hotel Principe Di Savoia? Share your experiences!