“Good location, luxurious, needs help” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 429 Hotels in Milan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Good location, luxurious, needs help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great hotel in terms of location and service. But the hotel does show its age and you can hear the pedestrians on the street from a 7th floor room. During the week the construction noise can get pretty bad also. The room was excellent. Everything was impeccably clean. Biggest issue I had was that considering the cost of the room, they still charge for wifi, even if you want to use the wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Jimin Y,
Thank you for your review.
I am glad that you liked your accomodation: all of the rooms, the lobby, the restaurant and bar were recently refurbished in a modern key.
Our rooms are well-appointed with double glazed windows and lush curtains, in order to keep the noise out of the room and protect the environment by reducing energy waste.
I am sorry if this was not enough to grant silence in your case.

Also I want to thank you for sharing your comment about the cost of wifi. I am glad to take this chance to announce here on Tripadvisor that, following the comments you and other guests made about internet charges, the Hotel Principe di Savoia is about to change its policy and wifi will very soon be free of charge in the common areas and inside the rooms, up to a certain speed.

While this decision will no doubt affect our business, we believe that listening to our clients has got to be our main priority. We understand that internet access is now considered more than a simple amenity while travelling and we hope this will give a better experience for guests choosing the Principe for their Milan stay.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.
General Manager, Hotel Principe di Savoia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

the hotel is very central, 3 min from piazza duomo, and the service is outstanding. the hotel standards are very high and especially the breakfast is delicious. it's the perfect stay for a couple or just a luxury weekend stay.

Room Tip: the principe suit is absolutely awesome :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear brizer_ch,
thank you for kind review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted that you loved your accomodation and breakfast.
We do sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,
General Manager, Hotel Principe di Savoia
Moscow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I live on the sixth floor in a room that is facing the street. Seems like I hear every word of every pedestrian over there. Not to mention cars and construction ). Slept really bad today.

Also, the bed and pillows are pretty stiff. Once I had similar feel on a bed in hospital.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Jetsettermoscow,
thank you for your review.
While I am really sorry that you didn't get proper sleep, I would like to investigate your case a little further. I would really appreciate it if you could get in touch with a little more details, if you reported your concerns about the bed and the street noise to our staff, how we reacted to that. Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Warm Regards
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The room is excellent, sleep was great, mattress was perfect, bathroom amazing, very clean. However, I found it unacceptable that a hotel of that level would charge extra a wifi connection, and not even offer free wifi at the lobby. We are in 2013 may I remind you. Also, by any standards, charging 19 euros for an espresso and a coke at the lobby is quite ridiculous!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Marios K.,
Greetings from Milano. I would like to thank you for reviewing our Hotel and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room.
I understand your sentiment in regards to the extra charge for internet access and I want to assure you that we are currently working on this.

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your stay please feel free to contact me at any time.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Principe di Savoia I send you my warm regards,

General Manager – Hotel Principe di Savoia
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the very moment you enter this hotel foyer you know this is a very serious place to stay, incredibly luxurious, fantastically decorated, and lovingly offered, with service that is second to none, staff who care and want to make your time special in every way.
The rooms are generous and well laid out, the proportions offer great value, with several options available, dining is an experience worth having, little things like the toiletries have spared no expense, and almost very aspect of the hotel says welcome.
I particularly liked the suite we had, wide doors, to the very big bed, comfortable lounge area and dressing room, the bathroom was seriously nice.
Breakfast was a delight, the conservatory was spacious and refreshing, and i have to say the leisure facility was a place to totally unwind , All in all though not the cheapest of hotels this was worth every penny, outside the doorman efficiently brought transport that was fast and effortless, a short drive italian style took you to the Centre where you find the wonderful galleria, shops and restaurants that so reflect the image of all that one would expect from milan, enjoy...

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade.....i did...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear saturnia,
It is with immense gratitude that I read your review and myself and all the team of the Hotel Principe di Savoia are honored that your experience was exceptional under every aspect. We sincerely hope to have you again soon as our Guest and to further exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms luxury as good as it gets. Great breakfast. Ready to serve special needs like no gluten. Friendly and helpfull staff. Short taxi ride to Duomo and La Scala. It would have been nice to be closer to town, no real reason to be in the piazza Republic area.

Stayed January 2013
Dear Imalivest,

Greetings from Milano. Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is with great joy that I read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I understand your concern regarding the location and if we will have the pleasure of having you back as our Guest we would be delighted to show you also all the wonderful shops, bars and restaurants that are adjacent to the Hotel.

Warm regards,
General Manager – Hotel Principe di Savoia
Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed several times in the Principe and the first time I was a bit taken aback, by the bit old fashioned styling. Now I have stayed several times and I feel that the Principe has a slightly snobbish appeal, but from all the 5 Star hotels that I know in Milan it has the best price / quality ratio.
Restaurants are excellent (so is breakfast). Concierge service it great!! The only thing I would say is avoid a standard room and yes always check your bar bill very well to avoid surprises the staff there is sometimes a bit over challenged.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sepp-Perlmoser,
thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with this precious feedback.
Please do let me know if you have any concerns and I'll be glad to follow through.

I sincerely hope that after your next stay the title of your review will be "I am starting to love it".
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Principe di Savoia.

Warm Regards,
General Manager - Hotel Principe di Savoia

Been to Hotel Principe Di Savoia? Share your experiences!