“Luxurious, but needs improvements...” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazza della Repubblica 17, 20124 Milan, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 433 hotels in Milan
Athens, Greece
“Luxurious, but needs improvements...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The room is excellent, sleep was great, mattress was perfect, bathroom amazing, very clean. However, I found it unacceptable that a hotel of that level would charge extra a wifi connection, and not even offer free wifi at the lobby. We are in 2013 may I remind you. Also, by any standards, charging 19 euros for an espresso and a coke at the lobby is quite ridiculous!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Marios K.,
Greetings from Milano. I would like to thank you for reviewing our Hotel and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room.
I understand your sentiment in regards to the extra charge for internet access and I want to assure you that we are currently working on this.

If you have any other questions or concerns regarding your stay please feel free to contact me at any time.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Principe di Savoia I send you my warm regards,

General Manager – Hotel Principe di Savoia

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the very moment you enter this hotel foyer you know this is a very serious place to stay, incredibly luxurious, fantastically decorated, and lovingly offered, with service that is second to none, staff who care and want to make your time special in every way.
The rooms are generous and well laid out, the proportions offer great value, with several options available, dining is an experience worth having, little things like the toiletries have spared no expense, and almost very aspect of the hotel says welcome.
I particularly liked the suite we had, wide doors, to the very big bed, comfortable lounge area and dressing room, the bathroom was seriously nice.
Breakfast was a delight, the conservatory was spacious and refreshing, and i have to say the leisure facility was a place to totally unwind , All in all though not the cheapest of hotels this was worth every penny, outside the doorman efficiently brought transport that was fast and effortless, a short drive italian style took you to the Centre where you find the wonderful galleria, shops and restaurants that so reflect the image of all that one would expect from milan, enjoy...

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade.....i did...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear saturnia,
It is with immense gratitude that I read your review and myself and all the team of the Hotel Principe di Savoia are honored that your experience was exceptional under every aspect. We sincerely hope to have you again soon as our Guest and to further exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,
General Manager - Hotel Principe di Savoia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms luxury as good as it gets. Great breakfast. Ready to serve special needs like no gluten. Friendly and helpfull staff. Short taxi ride to Duomo and La Scala. It would have been nice to be closer to town, no real reason to be in the piazza Republic area.

Stayed January 2013
Dear Imalivest,

Greetings from Milano. Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is with great joy that I read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I understand your concern regarding the location and if we will have the pleasure of having you back as our Guest we would be delighted to show you also all the wonderful shops, bars and restaurants that are adjacent to the Hotel.

Warm regards,
General Manager – Hotel Principe di Savoia
Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed several times in the Principe and the first time I was a bit taken aback, by the bit old fashioned styling. Now I have stayed several times and I feel that the Principe has a slightly snobbish appeal, but from all the 5 Star hotels that I know in Milan it has the best price / quality ratio.
Restaurants are excellent (so is breakfast). Concierge service it great!! The only thing I would say is avoid a standard room and yes always check your bar bill very well to avoid surprises the staff there is sometimes a bit over challenged.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sepp-Perlmoser,
thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with this precious feedback.
Please do let me know if you have any concerns and I'll be glad to follow through.

I sincerely hope that after your next stay the title of your review will be "I am starting to love it".
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Principe di Savoia.

Warm Regards,
General Manager - Hotel Principe di Savoia
Princeton, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

OK, not exactly classic frescos in our room, but lovely Italian art on walls and ceilings. Every now and then I've stayed at some beautiful hotels that had decent art on the walls, but staying in the Principe we were literally surrounded by Italian paintings. The first person we met at the hotel was one of the managers (I believe his name was Ewan.) We had been on various planes for 15 hours or so and unfortunately looked it. Ewan greeted us like long lost relatives, upgraded us to a suite and then personally escorted us to our room! If you want to understand why Milan is one of the world's great centers of fashion and design, the Principe provides an excellent gateway. I was lucky enough to be in Italy during the "mushroom season" (October - November) and the chef in the Principe's restaurant made us a dish with fresh pasta and Porcini mushrooms that was about as good as it gets. Clean, quiet, close to many fascinating spots and with a staff that is unfailingly helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mays Landing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had a great stay in this hotel but when checking out we found out that we had been charged for one breakfast which we were told when checking in would be included in our room rate. When we complained the charge was removed. Staff were friendly and helpful and food was great, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

If you want to stay where royalty and superstars do then this is the hotel for you! It's Royal Suite has to be seen to be believed. It's truly palatial with a its own internal corridor connecting the bedrooms, dining room, kitchen (not that you need one if your staying in this suite!) and lounge... but best of all the corridor takes you to your own private swimming pool. You can open windows from the lounge to the pool as well making this the ultimate party room! But never mind all of the above - you need to stay in this hotel to experience its staff, who are outstanding! So thats five stars from me on style, comfort and service!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Principe Di Savoia? Share your experiences!