“Nice hotel overall ... bar scene even better :-))” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Piave, 42, 20129 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #148 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Zaventem, Belgium
“Nice hotel overall ... bar scene even better :-))”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

4-night stay, got a small upgrade to a larger room as spg member.

Key positive: hotel vibe in public areas - the building is old of course, but entrance & bar/patio area is very trendy, AND is clearly an 'in' place so very fun (I don't come across many hotels where there's such a good atmosphere, and locals clearly use it a lot as well).

Room itself was good, without being great: spacious (thanks to upgrade) and clean, all amenities as you would expect from a 4* hotel. Contrary to the public spaces, it did show its age though, walls & bathroom clearly showed wear-and-tear. Overall very happy still, as I have come to expect this at most old-building Italian hotels (unfortunately I suppose, but it was no real surprise). Staff very friendly & efficient.

Location is not overly central, but still very easy to get around Milan

Room Tip: Street-side rooms can get a bit noisy if windows are open as there's a tramway just in front - m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

From 8-9:30 the bar here is full of locals here for an "apertivo" (pre-dinner drink) which is served with a free buffet if you get a drink. Drinks are reasonably priced and so it's a pretty good value.

That's more than I can say for the WiFi, which, at 19 Euros a day is highway robbery.

But back to the bar - in the back of the hotel, there's a green, tree filled inner courtyard with a fountain that's a great place to sit with friends or to have breakfast in the morning outdoors if weather permits. A la carte breakfast offerings are not unreasonable for a hotel, although the full breakfast is pricey.

Rooms are fine - although on the small side, and the bathroom could have used a coat of paint. Good A/C. Close to the mid-priced shopping street of Corso Buenos Aires and overall a good location if you don't want to be right in the center (also next to both the #9 tram and the subway).

I have been back and I will go back. If the price is reasonable, this is a good choice for Milano.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Not the best of location but relatively close to metro to connect to the rest of the city. Walkable to main shopping streets but easily 10-15minutes. Upgraded to a basic room with a balcony overlooking the outdoor breakfast restaurant garden (not facing the street), nice balcony to sit around for a good wine. Room was small, bathroom though was quite big. Once again a nice authentic roman decorated hotel, both interior and exterior. Wasn't impressed by their services, had a serious complaint and got a sincere apology from hotel manager so that was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice hotel with fantastic bar. Decor not as modern as I typically like, but quiet. Ate at the adjacent restaurant for breakfast and dinner - delicious. Market next door and many restaurants and shops close by. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Majestic Diana in Milan on a 5 night business trip in March.

Upon checking in, I asked for a quiet room (I was 5 months pregnant at the time), as I would be working long hours and sleep would be important. I was told no garden side rooms (quiet in winter) were available until my last night. I was put in a room on the first floor overlooking the street/front entrance of the hotel. Needless to say, it was loud . . traffic, cable train, garbage pick up, etc night and early morning.

The walls were also very thin, so you can hear every conversation in the hallway. In addition, my "neighbor" came home at 2AM and started blasting his TV, I called the front desk to complain. I could hear his phone ring, hear him answer the phone, have a conversation with the front desk, and say "no problem, I'll turn it down".

My room was large, but to say it was "stale" is an understatement. It was clean, but my carpet had stains and the paint was peeling in areas. The room could use a renovation. The bathroom needed a table or more shelves for toiletries and the tub was oddly shaped. It is very narrow and you could not stand flat footed when you take a shower, your feet are sort of shot up at an angle. The angle made it hard to balance, which was dangerous.

The room service was expensive and of poor quality. After leaving the office at 9PM, it would have been nice to just go to the room and eat. One time was enough for me. 20 euros for vegetable soup? 12 Euros for 3 bananas (when I asked for one)? The food was bland and overpriced.

The staff was nice, but not very helpful. On my last night, I asked to print out my flight boarding pass. I was told I had to pay to print it out because I had used my free wifi access for the day from the lobby (Not only had I paid for daily internet access, I never used the "free lobby wifi"). After getting frustrated and speaking with a number of staff members, I managed to get someone to help me and my boarding pass printed without having to pay a fee.

Our company had over 20 guests staying at this hotel for an extended period of time. It was disappointing that they could not be more accommodating, especially at 250 euros a night. On a positive note, there is a very nice bar and outdoor area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear kreilly1221,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your stay! Our guest feedback is important to us as often it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.
This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention for which we will do all necessary to avoid it for other guests and maybe for you in your next stay!
We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcoming you here at the Diana, so you will enjoy, as you said, our beautiful historic property and our garden!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice hotel friendly and helpful staff, we had (even for US standards) a large room, beautiful decorated, Secure and quiet even so we were facing the main street. Easy to get there and easy to move around Milan, I will definitely recommend this hotel for business or leisure

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear lupe92129,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Diana Majestic in Milan and for sharing your opinion about us on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to know that you enjoy our rooms! It’s important for us to know that a guest feel in a secure place when he stays with us.
As you are writing, our Hotel is situated in the heart of Milan close to the mains shopping streets, the underground and in a comfortable position for business travelers but also for leisure.

Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope to see you in the near future!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

First time in Milan and chose sheraton diana as it is part of SPG Hotel Chain. Pleasantly surprise with the large spacious room even for standard room. I took the junior suit which I think worth every cents as it is spacious and large and airy.

Reception staff very helpful. Even remember my birthday and a basket of fruits. Have gym facilities even though small but open 24 hours.

The reastaurant and breakfast area was quircky and nicely decorated with beautiful matured garden if you like outside environment. So chic and funky. The staff at the restaurant was fun and friendly. Always helpful and even entertaining at times.

Close to metro which is a stone throw away to co to downtown which is only 2 stations away from duomo station. Many international restaurants around the hotel including halal ones for muslim. Also many high street brands of shops around the hotel too.

Highly recommended. And wonderful stay. No complaints but all the praises.

• Stayed April 2013
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear JimmyKL,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Diana Majestic and for sharing a detailed review of the hotel and the surrounding area, called the Liberty district, a few steps from the city center, nearby Parco Venezia. The hotel is a landmark in Milan thanks to its 1.000 sqm beautiful garden with centenary trees and the most known place in Milan for aperitivo and week end brunch.

We are delighted to know that you enjoy our Junior Suite!
Thank you for your compliments to our staff which everyday works for the guests hotel and for making their stay more enjoyable possible.
Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope to see you in the near future!

Been to Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!