“Ok Location, Small Rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Piave, 42, 20129 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #167 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Singapore, Singapore
“Ok Location, Small Rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Not the best of location but relatively close to metro to connect to the rest of the city. Walkable to main shopping streets but easily 10-15minutes. Upgraded to a basic room with a balcony overlooking the outdoor breakfast restaurant garden (not facing the street), nice balcony to sit around for a good wine. Room was small, bathroom though was quite big. Once again a nice authentic roman decorated hotel, both interior and exterior. Wasn't impressed by their services, had a serious complaint and got a sincere apology from hotel manager so that was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice hotel with fantastic bar. Decor not as modern as I typically like, but quiet. Ate at the adjacent restaurant for breakfast and dinner - delicious. Market next door and many restaurants and shops close by. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Majestic Diana in Milan on a 5 night business trip in March.

Upon checking in, I asked for a quiet room (I was 5 months pregnant at the time), as I would be working long hours and sleep would be important. I was told no garden side rooms (quiet in winter) were available until my last night. I was put in a room on the first floor overlooking the street/front entrance of the hotel. Needless to say, it was loud . . traffic, cable train, garbage pick up, etc night and early morning.

The walls were also very thin, so you can hear every conversation in the hallway. In addition, my "neighbor" came home at 2AM and started blasting his TV, I called the front desk to complain. I could hear his phone ring, hear him answer the phone, have a conversation with the front desk, and say "no problem, I'll turn it down".

My room was large, but to say it was "stale" is an understatement. It was clean, but my carpet had stains and the paint was peeling in areas. The room could use a renovation. The bathroom needed a table or more shelves for toiletries and the tub was oddly shaped. It is very narrow and you could not stand flat footed when you take a shower, your feet are sort of shot up at an angle. The angle made it hard to balance, which was dangerous.

The room service was expensive and of poor quality. After leaving the office at 9PM, it would have been nice to just go to the room and eat. One time was enough for me. 20 euros for vegetable soup? 12 Euros for 3 bananas (when I asked for one)? The food was bland and overpriced.

The staff was nice, but not very helpful. On my last night, I asked to print out my flight boarding pass. I was told I had to pay to print it out because I had used my free wifi access for the day from the lobby (Not only had I paid for daily internet access, I never used the "free lobby wifi"). After getting frustrated and speaking with a number of staff members, I managed to get someone to help me and my boarding pass printed without having to pay a fee.

Our company had over 20 guests staying at this hotel for an extended period of time. It was disappointing that they could not be more accommodating, especially at 250 euros a night. On a positive note, there is a very nice bar and outdoor area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear kreilly1221,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your stay! Our guest feedback is important to us as often it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.
This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.
Thank you again for bringing this to our attention for which we will do all necessary to avoid it for other guests and maybe for you in your next stay!
We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to welcoming you here at the Diana, so you will enjoy, as you said, our beautiful historic property and our garden!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice hotel friendly and helpful staff, we had (even for US standards) a large room, beautiful decorated, Secure and quiet even so we were facing the main street. Easy to get there and easy to move around Milan, I will definitely recommend this hotel for business or leisure

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear lupe92129,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Diana Majestic in Milan and for sharing your opinion about us on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to know that you enjoy our rooms! It’s important for us to know that a guest feel in a secure place when he stays with us.
As you are writing, our Hotel is situated in the heart of Milan close to the mains shopping streets, the underground and in a comfortable position for business travelers but also for leisure.

Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope to see you in the near future!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

First time in Milan and chose sheraton diana as it is part of SPG Hotel Chain. Pleasantly surprise with the large spacious room even for standard room. I took the junior suit which I think worth every cents as it is spacious and large and airy.

Reception staff very helpful. Even remember my birthday and a basket of fruits. Have gym facilities even though small but open 24 hours.

The reastaurant and breakfast area was quircky and nicely decorated with beautiful matured garden if you like outside environment. So chic and funky. The staff at the restaurant was fun and friendly. Always helpful and even entertaining at times.

Close to metro which is a stone throw away to co to downtown which is only 2 stations away from duomo station. Many international restaurants around the hotel including halal ones for muslim. Also many high street brands of shops around the hotel too.

Highly recommended. And wonderful stay. No complaints but all the praises.

• Stayed April 2013
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear JimmyKL,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Diana Majestic and for sharing a detailed review of the hotel and the surrounding area, called the Liberty district, a few steps from the city center, nearby Parco Venezia. The hotel is a landmark in Milan thanks to its 1.000 sqm beautiful garden with centenary trees and the most known place in Milan for aperitivo and week end brunch.

We are delighted to know that you enjoy our Junior Suite!
Thank you for your compliments to our staff which everyday works for the guests hotel and for making their stay more enjoyable possible.
Thank you so much for staying with us, we hope to see you in the near future!
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, May 2-4 with the family. We had a wonderful stay. Everything was very well prepared prior to our arrival.
I was also very much impressed by many items:
-state of the rooms and the bathrooms (brand new).
-The size of the junior Suite (it did fit easily our six large suitcases and our other bags!) and the size of the bathroom in the executive suite
-The breath taking garden where we had breakfast!
-The knowledgeable and friendly staff that quickly assisted us with everything we asked for: directions, assistance with parking our rental minivan, …
The location of the hotel is very good close both from the shopping area (10-15 min walk) and from the business area. It is a quite area. Even though there is a tramway that passes nearby, you barely hear its sounds. In all cases, it stops at night.
I booked my stay ahead of time so I was able to get a very good rate. The breakfast buffet selection is good but a bit pricy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear basseld,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Diana Majestic in Milan and for sharing your great comment about us on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to know that you and your family have had a great stay with us! We are also delighted to know that our staff was helpful and efficient! Our main goal is to completely meet with guest’s needs and we are pleased to have succeeded!
We hope to have the chance to welcome you and your family again in our hotel!
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is PERFECT. It is located in a residential area, a nice, quiet area, but conveniently close to other places (like the Duomo de Milano). If you are travelling with tourism ends, it is conveniently close to some attractions (like I mentioned before), and subway stations. If you are traveling for business, it is just as good! The rooms provide great sleeping quality. If you are simply looking for a place to enjoy, without any particular plans, this is perfect too. You could catch a break in the bar. It is perfect in EVERY way, but it does imply spending more money than many other hotels., although it is worth it completely.

The building itself looks a little old, but once you walk in, you are surprised (pleasantly). The decoration is fabulous; it doesn’t lose the essence of the whole typical Italian style, and mixes it with a whole modern aspect that doesn’t make the modern style feel like unwelcoming, but cozy.

The check- in (just like the check- out) is super effective and fast. The staff is very kind. I asked about dogs and apparently, pets are allowed. They even facilitate your stay with them, as long as they don’t bother other guests.

The rooms are worth what you pay for- they are very spacious, as well as the bathrooms. Clean, tidy, and comfortable.

Perhaps what I enjoyed the most was the bar. If you want some space outdoors within the hotel, the atmosphere is perfect. The garden is beautiful, and it carries a happy mood. Many young adults like to frequent the place. The barman was helpful and friendly. The only problem is that one of the drinks that we ordered took a while to get to our table, and they are rather pricey. But the price makes up for the place itself.

Brunch at the hotel is excellent, but I would recommend very strongly that if you want to have dinner at the hotel, that you book your reservation, because apparently it is quite popular amongst locals and you could be in for a long wait. Still, if the place is completely packed, there are good restaurants nearby that offer good food, and that aren’t that “touristy” or crowded.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Natalia C,
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Diana Majestic in Milan and for sharing your great comment about us on Tripadvisor!
Thank you also for surroundings with lots of tips regarding the area and what to do during a stay in Milan, which will be appreciated by other travelers as well.
If you like our Facebook page you can find lots of suggestions about shopping and what to do in Milan!
As you said, we are located in one of the most beautiful areas of Milan, a residential area called the Liberty district, a few steps from the city center, nearby Parco Venezia. Featuring a big number of showrooms and famous restaurants, where there is also the possibility to have some jogging during the day along the park.

Thank you so much for all your great comments about rooms, h club and staff which everyday works for the guests hotel and for making their stay more enjoyable possible!
Our main goal is to completely meet with guest’s needs and we are pleased to have succeeded. We hope to welcome you at the Diana soon!

Been to Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!