“Always my first choice in Milan” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Piave, 42, 20129 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #125 of 432 hotels in Milan
Edinburgh
“Always my first choice in Milan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I regularly stay at the Sheraton Diana Majestic hotel in Milan while on business in Milan and in my experience it is second to none (why I continually come back again and again). The hotel is one of the oldest in Milan and have a very rich and colourful history which the staff are always willing to share with you. The service is always with a smile, the rooms are very well appointed and the hotel bar, gardens and restaurant are is good as I have experienced anywhere (which is why it attracts such a nice crowd night after night).

Location wise you are right beside a park to go running, minutes from a metro, a bus and a tram-stop, 100 yards from two supermarkets and over a dozen external restaurants ranging from budget to splurge. The main plus for me is the beautiful area where you are close to all the action you could want and have amazing public transport links, but far enough away from the major touristy areas (read Duomo and Brera to avoid getting ripped off at every turn). The area is a shoppers paradise too as you are right around the corner from Milan’s main shopping street!

My one recommendation for this hotel is to ensure you have a cocktail and free buffet snacks in the bar one night during apperitivo (roughly 7-10pm) – Perfect to whet your appetite before a traditional Italian dinner.

Room Tip: I enjoy the rooms on the Mezzanine floor due to large balconies and the suites 5th floor due to the...

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at Sheraton Diana Majestic for 4 nights in early November 2013.The hotel is located in a good location with full of public transportation links.In front of the hotel there was a line for the tram.The metro stop is also 2 min. walking distance from the hotel.The hotel itself is really charming with its historical face building.The reception is very chic with the helpfull and kind staff.They gave us a map and made our stay ready with the full helpfull information.Our rooms was large enough with a large bath-tubbed bathroom.The room was decorated well.It was my husband's birthday on the date of our check-in,and a gentleman came inside our room with a little cake with candles singing happy birthday song.It was an excellent touch.There is a club inside the hotel and it was really perfect with its decoration,music and cocktails.There is a supermarket near the hotel.Everybody in the hotel was so kind.Thank you for making our stay great.

Room Tip: We stayed in an Executive room with free WI-FI which was just perfect.The room was facing the main s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Top location for this hotel close to most important touristic and business corners
Very good service all departments
Nice rooms with all facilities
Very good breakfast
Good Connections with metro/train

dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton several time a year when I go to Milan for business…even if Milan is not my favorite city, the Diana staff make me feel at home, relax and safe…the fact that most of the fashion people stay there, make the breakfast time a very well connecting time…the convenient location in Porta Venezia make it easy to skip taxi and walk to all the trendy bar and restaurant…

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel is what one could expect from any other Sheraton brand hotel, room was spacious (junior suite) but I did not like the price of food and beverage at hotel bar, restaurant and mini-bar, so over-priced. We also tried couple cafe and restaurant in the vicinity, which was 1/3 of the price and yo would get much more local flavor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Starwood M, General Manager at Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear WellWise Traveller,
Greetings form the Sheraton Diana Majestic in Milan and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We are pleased to learn that you have found the room to your likings but on the other side we are sorry that the pricing of our food and beverage offers, was not as you expected.
Allow me to thank you for expressing your view on this subject, we do treasure all comments for our invaluable guests and we use them to improve our service and product.
Again, many thanks for taking the time to share this observations.
Thank you so much. Best regards
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is Anne Marino. I had such a wonderful experiance. The staff is wonderfully friendly. My room was wonderful. It was kept clean & was quite comfortable. From the minute I got there the staff was accomodating & attentive to my needs. They made restaurant reservations for me. They called Taxi's for me. They helped me wiht my bags. The restaurant a the hotel was wonderful wiht a friendly staff. ThWe loved having frinks in the bar/lounge before going out to dinner. Also, the manager at the restaurants makes the best cappuchino's.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wakefield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel - and hate to say that it's probably the last....and don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Starwood and their hotels....and usually Sheraton's have higher standards in Europe than in the US.
After my disappointing first stay in September (small, dark room with the fire escape over my window...SPG Gold, by the way...) I wrote an email prior to the trip to ask if they would consider my status and grant an upgrade. I did get a nicer room, although it was on the street side, which was a bit noisy.
The kicker was when I ordered some tea in the lounge and was charged 7 euro!! Can you imagine??? 7 Euro for a damn cup of tea!! (over 9 bucks!)
Then after they told me at check in that internet was free, they tried to charge me...the whole thing was kind of messy....I'm going to The Westin Palace next time (sorry folks...you had two chances!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel? Share your experiences!