I have always had the myth of this hotel, having grown up in Milan and spent summers in their garden for aperitivo. You can imagine the excitement when I booked to stay here for a weekend with friends. And so also the disappointment for the incredibly poor experience:
1. The hotel is in an amazing building, with one of the best bars in town and a beautiful garden where you can have a drink in the summer. This of course until midnight, after which you can only have wine or alcoholics, no cocktails. I guess it's got to do with licence, and barman going home. But seriously, can't you do anything about it?!
2. The room was incredibly unattractive. Was not meant to be, it even had a balcony with view on porta venezia, the bathroom was very big and the room had all the right optionals, including an ipod radio. It's just that you could see no attention to the overall effect. Dim lights on cream walls, with a little one door (monacal-cell like) wardrobe, the bed was clean and crisp, but with two pillows thrown there, no care. There was not even enought space between the bed and the desk to carry my bag to the other side of the room. Not something I will dream of when back home, not a 4 star room!
3. Albeit apologetic when caught in fault, the receptionist tried to pull that my room was on a prepaid rate when caught that she had already charged my card. I knew for sure that I would save 20€ of the 125€ a night (excl. breakfast) by prepaying. Not a big deal once you're checking out anyway, but what if I wanted to pay with a different card? She started mumbling she would need to speak to the head office, her boss etc. I had an appointment and left saying it was fine, which in itself it was but this is not what a 4 star should offer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at the Sheraton Diana Majestic. Located in the heart of the Milanese shopping district, our great location allows you to explore and connect to our wonderful fashion city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Sheraton Diana Majestic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Milan
- Milan Sheraton