“Excellent from beginning to end!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #201 of 5,333 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in the heart of Milan, Piazza Repubblica restaurant with professional direction of Chef Pietro Penna, serves typical Milanese Mediterranean cousine revisited with great care and creativity and made with the finest products of the land and water.The cuisine is traditional and at the same time inventive, hitting heights of excellence as a result of the constant care and attention for taste evolutions and the use of the highest quality ingredients. The menu‘s distinctive dishes draw their inspiration from a vast selection of seasonal ingredients.White truffle specialties with tasting menù.
Heidelberg, Germany
“Excellent from beginning to end!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I had reserved this restaurant based on tripadvisor reviews after I had searched for restaurants with the seasonal white truffle menu.  From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated with kindness and great service. Our waitstaff was so friendly and attentive. The ambience and decor are contemporary but comfortable. They had an entire white truffle menu.... Excellente!!!! We started with glasses of prosecco, bufalo mozzarella and a cocktail for another in our party. She wanted a Cosmo and the waitstaff took the effort to go across the street to their friends at an upscale bar to obtain the ingredients for the drink. We then all had the white truffle tagliolini and risotto complimented by a mezzo bottle of Barbaresco....... Absolutely delicious!!! We ended by splitting tiramisu and a Barolo desert wine. It was a divine dining experience.  211 euros for 3 of us.... Not too bad considering the quality of food and service. The owner even chatted with us at the end. Recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a more upscale but not stuffy dining experience in Milano.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Vienna
“Tough decision to rate it 3 or 4 points... mostly because of the price/taste ratio of the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I decided for 4 because in the end the whole experience was "very good", but in my humble opinion however the food was seriously overpriced, even considering the Milano-Chic-Metropolitan surcharge that is to be expected. At that price level I want to leave and say "Wow, extraordinary, the next time I want to treat myself to something really great I'll come back" but that was not the case.
But to add some positive aspects: great wine selection at decent prices, knowledgeable advice from the waiters on that side, pleasant atmosphere, friendly and mostly attentive service.
Not clear for me though, how it could be rated #12 in Milano. In the "very good" league but certainly not in the "excellent" one.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northumberland
“Lots of work to do”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went to this restaurant because of its high rating and were disappointed. It wasn't especially romantic and the food and service were average. The night was saved by a lovely waiter called Alesandro who spoke English and we shared a few jokes. We suggested he appears on the front of their advertising because he was so welcoming. I don't think he was up for it though. Enjoyable but plenty of work for the owner to make it deserve a top 10. I can only presume other customers are easily pleased or we are very demanding!

Visited November 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful place for a high quality meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed a couple suppers here. Originally I went because it's very convent to my hotel. I was impressed enough that I went back the second night for a full, five-course white truffle meal.

I was served both nights by Alessandro who was professional, friendly and speaks excellent English.

The food is not cheap - and there was very little in the way if vegetables - but it was a great experience to enjoy truffles in such a rare and extravagent fashion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Expensive restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It is located relatively close to central station. That is why I tried this place first. It was a small restaurant. Tourist and local composition was fifty-fifty. I first ate salmon carpaccio than beef cheek. Both were good. Desert was ok. However, it was more expensive than the other restaurants I tried later. And yet it wasn't better. In the end, I wouldn't put this restaurant to the top of my list.

• Visited October 2012