Having done some research on the internet, and being on a budget, we opted for the Ramada Plaza since it offered very good value (breakfast included in our package), and was convenient enough for Central Station and accessible for the city centre by metro. I didn’t know about the neighbourhood until we arrived, but it turned out to be very safe to walk through and we ate locally several times.
The Ramada is a big hotel and I had asked in advance for a quiet room which we got. First impressions count, and the desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. The room was great - extremely clean, quiet and spacious with a balcony and large bathroom (with shower). The heated towel rail is very nice in winter! The mattress was very supportive and the TV large and easy to use. There was a minibar which we didn’t use, and also free tea/coffee and a kettle which we did use.
Breakfast was a surprise - having previously stayed in several Italian hotels that offer a minimal breakfast, the Ramada had a most comprehensive selection buffet. As well as cereals, fresh fruit and breads, there were cooked frankfurters, bacon and scrambled egg. You could have as much tea or coffee as you liked from the self-service machine, and the ever-attentive Silvia would take your order for your first coffee and make it using the proper espresso machine which was delicious. She was typical of the staff at the Ramada - totally professional and anxious to make your stay at the Ramada as comfortable as possible.
The hotel offers a free minibus to Central Station and/or the nearest metro station (which was only five minutes walk away) which we used on several occasions. This is a great facility and although they don’t offer a return service from the city, it’s a very short and easy walk from the metro.
We dined in the hotel restaurant on our final night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although it was somewhat more expensive than the local restaurants, the quality and service were excellent.
We had to depart at 6am on our final morning, and since it was before breakfast was served, asked if they could give us a takeaway breakfast. They provided us with super lunch bags, containing water, fruit juice, toasts, oranges and the like.
We would definitely stay here again when in Milan. The only minor downside was the temperature of the room. It was December and 27C was a bit too warm for us, but the thermostat didn’t seem to have any effect - but better too warm than cold.
Many thanks again to the staff of the Ramada Plaza and we look forward to our next visit.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Milano Hotel Milan
- Ramada Plaza Milano Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in a strategic location, 10 minutes from the city center by car and few minutes walking distance from the subway station. The brand-new hotel has 167 bright and spacious rooms and suites, all with balcony and innovative design bathrooms. Every room is perfectly soundproof and features wireless high speed internet, video on-demand, coffee maker, private safe. Two restaurants are available, one offering delicious buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Ramada Plaza Milano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.