“Oh Mi, Oh My!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #140 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Maidenhead, UK
“Oh Mi, Oh My!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

The hotel website has some nonsence about a Mr Mi travelling the world, staying in hotels and returning to this location to build a friendly hotel that knows the needs of the traveller.

What utter rubbish!

Mr Mi should have chosen another location, not one so far from public transport - essential to the world traveller.

Room 204 is smallish, not very comfortable and with a tiny shower that a big guy finds hard to get into, No nice tub to soak in, Mr Mi? When my neighbour had his shower at 05 30, it woke me up, it is that noisy. And what TV do I have to watch - Italian only, no english language TV or newspapers. Mr Mi....? Sunday night, my room was not made up at all - someone thought that I was leaving, although I had prepaid for 5 days. I was offered another room, but all my things in 204 - a bad inconvenience. Oh - and the green gow of light coming from the smoke alarm and electrical fuses keeps me awake!

I gave in Laundry at 0700 am on Friday. For a 4 star hotel, this should be back by Friday pm, or Saturday. I got it back on Monday evening. This meant no shirt to wear on Monday am. So I had to hand wash one in a sink, But try to iron it. The hotel has an iron - but no board, so you get to iron your shirt on the bed - not easy. Is that how Mr Mi learned to do it on his travels?

Ordered a taxi for each day. First day no taxi! Hotel called again - but travellers need prompt transport, ESPECIALLY in such a poor location that trams are not available.

I paid by Expedia. On departure, the hotel was not sure if they had been paid by Expedia or not (not sure...?) They asked me to get my Expedia information off the computer. The computer was off (the second time, the hotel thinks that their computer is ready-to-go, but it is not) So the lady has to come over, power up the Mi Hotel computer, my taxi is waiting, we get to my Expedia booking, print it, the hotel is still not sure if they have been paid and ask for my credit card. I am not happy, having paid Expedia in April for a October stay. My taxi has been waiting all along, and I am now late for my meeting. Extra 20 Euro on the taxi bill. I depart the hotel with extreme annoyance. I spend the morning calling Expedia, who confirm that all hotels invoice Expedia, who pay them. I spend money and time on this mobile call, also calling back the Mi Hotel to tell them - and ask for the taxi money. They decline my complaint - I gave them the opportunity to just put things rightr, but even that, they cannot do.

Mr Mi - what kind of hotels did you tour in the world? I have well over 100 on my Tripadvisor - none of them were like this. I suggest that you read them, and get out and visit other hotels to see how it should be.

Room Tip: No good rooms, just a bad, bad hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Worcs, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

The hotel deeserves to do well, they try so hard to please. Free soft drinks in the room, free aperitivo and snacks at the bar, free phone calls, very friendly and helpful staff. It would be a great choice if visiting Milan by car - free parking too - but if using public transport, not quite so good, because it's in a bit of a black spot for transport. No useful bus anywhere near; nearest tram stop about ten minutes walk away, so not so good in bad weather. In good weather it's about 30 minutes walk from the Navigli area, although not a very scenic walk.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Terrible Location.
No parking available for customers (the owner parked his historical car and few places available for the customers)
Seems more an hostel than a hotel....
See the picture....and take your decision
After few hours I decided to move to an other hotel
On top if you don't have a car....no public and safe transportation

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Joensuu, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Quite new buidings, clean rooms and easy to travel by tram to center. Personel is very helpful and friendly. If you have problems- they will solve ( arrange place in jazz club.....)
Breakfast is variable. There are free juice, even wine to customers in reception room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

I had to find a cheap hotel quite quickly, and the price is really fabulous.

However, the hotel is situated really really far from the city centre, one needs to get the metro almost to the terminus and then change to a bus.

The hotel room was about as comfy as a prison cell, TV stations are almost only available in Italians.

Anyway, the breakfast was fabulous!

Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to MiHotel? Share your experiences!