“below average - bit unclean” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Adler
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Giovanni Ricordi 10, 20131 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #218 of 432 Hotels in Milan
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“below average - bit unclean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Stayed here for five nights - twin room
The room was pretty basic, for the price expected a tad more.
Small bathroom and shower was unclean and mildue everywhere
Room was a attraction for bugs - and air con wasnt great if im honest

Didnt have best reception service and didnt really ever see staff they were nice but I got the feeling they didnt really know what they were doing and seemed to have trouble understanding English
Next to a nice restaurant though :}

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
wendy c, Direttore generale at Hotel Adler, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
First to all ,thanks you for your review.
We are sorry to hear that your experience was not so good.
Your review is very important to us, in order to manage any kind of issue and maintenance problem.
We are sorry that we couldn't fix those issues when you were here, the next time please do not hesitate to contact the reception for any request or need. We do our best to make our guest feeling at home and confortable
Best regards

Wendy
Front Desk Manager

• Turkish first
Varna
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Im tottaly disappointed of the hotel. I came from Paris where i sleep in a 2 star hotel for 70 euro, i had to pay 85 for hotel Adler and the difference was terrible. What i found here was old decoration and dirt. My room was for smookers (like every other room in the hotel) and it was smelling awful. They were old chewing-gums in the basket (which was in the bedroom). The bathroom was smelling bad too, i met a bit of shower gell in the toilet because it was smelling like they havent cleaned it for years.

The elevetor was extremely small (i know thats normal), but it was so unconfortable because of the two kinds of doors (ones opening to the outside of the elevator and the others to the inside(made of tree). And the doors to the inside have to be closed before u go. Even when u go out of it, u must close them. It took me a while to understand the system, ive never seen a elevator so old:)) And it becomes more unconfortable when u try to do it with ur luggage.

The only reason that i stayed in this hotel was because i was coming back from Paris trough Milan when the company cancelled my flight. I'm sure i will not stay here again when one day i come back to visit Milan.

The only good thing about it was that our room was spacious and we had a small balcon with a view to the small street in front of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

I searched for a budget hotel. I should have taken an hostel instead.
I can't really recall anything good except the price so I'll count the bad things I can.

* Room was not clean. I'll elaborate. Hair everywhere, from the floor to the bed. My girlfriend always walked with shoes so she won't need to touch the floor.
* Terrible breakfast includes mostly dishes from 3 days ago.
* Squeaky scary elevator. You actually need to manually open and close the door.
* The lobby was crowded with kids staring at us. Not very pleasent way to start the day.

I bet there is more that I can't remember but I feel I did a little justice toady.

• Liked — Price.
  • Disliked — The filthy state of the room.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee USA / Livingston, Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2006

One week before our second anniversary my wife and I decided to take a trip to Milan to celebrate. We had no idea what was in Milan, but decided to check it out because of the cheap trip a travel agent put together for us! We looked at photos from the hotel online after we had booked it and they looked really nice. We were very excited. We checked into the hotel and were extremely disappointed as soon as we walked into the stairwell leading up to our room. The carpet in the room was so old and disgusting that we didn't even want to take off our shoes in the room. The shower was tiny (with a used bar of soap in it) the area was not attractive in the least. The beds (yes, beds--a "double" meant two twin beds pushed together) were uncomfortable. The breakfast was not bad, though. There were only two redeeming factors for the hotel: the staff was very helpful and friendly and the location was fairly close to a metro station (maybe a 5-10 minute walk?) and a couple of restaurants around the corner. We still had a great time on our trip, but it would have been much better with a decent hotel.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff, close to metro station
  • Disliked — Terrible room
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

Stayed whith my family at the Adler for three days during the Olympics in Turin. The room condition was far beyond from what you can expect of a three star hotel. The bathroom was very small and didn't look very clean. Maybe it was because of the Olympics that the price was very high, but again it was really overpriced and overstared. The breakfast was ok, the coffee very good and the breakfast area was nice and cosy, in a small wintergarden. The staff is nice and helpful, but their english was no good!

• Liked — The coffee
  • Disliked — Room condition
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go there
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2005

Never in my life have I entered such a dirty, seedy hotel and I hope never again will I be unfortunate enough to repeat the experience.
Due to a mix-up we had no hotel reservation on arival in Milan. Most hotels were fully booked and the first vacancy we found was at the Hotel Adler Milano. The room was filthy and smelly with threadbare carpets and less than basic facilities. Needless to say we made a rapid move next day.

This hotel needs to be banned and the friendly, polite staff redeployed to a more befitting work environment.

• Stayed October 2005
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2005

This "hotel" has an entrance that reminds one of those dogdy hotels around shepherds bush in London and on getting in one does not fare much better. The staff are friendly enough but even they recognise this is not a hotel for travellers. Due some of our groups' heightened sense of adventure, we found ourselves in Milan with no accomodation during the fashion show week. No room at the inn was the general response; but surprise, surprise hotel Adler has a vacancy, when we arrive and are shown to the grottiest, smelliest room ever with a threadbare carpet leading from the hallway to the room (which we refused to enter) we realised why. Yuck! Never again in a million years, not even if i was paid to.

Been to Hotel Adler? Share your experiences!