Now if you are driving, which I doubt a tourist does in Milan and all of Italy but if you are then as I understand from what the front desk told me, the hotel is only a 10 mnts drive to the city centre. But if you arent, and taking a tram, it can take a good 30 odd minutes to reach the city centre. The hotel is next to a under construction building with nothing to do in the vicinty whatsoever.
The hotel per se is very nice, its a new property, has a nice grand lobby, couple of restaurants / bars in the lobby as well which looked all neat and contemporary.
Upon check-in what started was a funny experience wherein I caught the front desk completely off guard. Now I am a privileged member with Hilton and have been so since long now so as to know all the nuances and tricks of how Hilton properties work and how to get the best deals. I am by default eligible for suite upgrades and thus when I requested one here (since it wasnt automatically provided), I was told by the front desk, that it is not available. Few minutes later I again checked and told her that am here only for one night and something should be possible, she again said nothing is available. I checked into my room, which was nice and new with a fancy bath as well, I logged onto Hhonors.com and looked for 4 suites for that night in the same hotel and as expected, the site showed up all 4 suites available. I went to the front desk to confront them and the lady wasnt available who checked-me in, and so I said ask her to call me back. I received no call and when I was going out, I met that lady and she told me the funniest lie ever - she said, suites are all booked but they havent taken off the site. I said what happens for people who make their reservation online, she said they contact them and tell them its not available. Ha ha - really lady? you saying that? What if someone booked a room from the airport, got into the flight to Milan and reached ur hotel, then what? Ha ha - the amount of lies I heard from her were surprising and something one doesnt expects from a Hilton property at all. Her face was to be seen when she gave me all those answers. There were lies written everywhere.
Anyways, besides this weird experiece, the hotel if not for the location, is a decent property. Book it if they give u a good deal.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Milan Hotel Milan
- Doubletree By Hilton Milan Hotel
- Hilton International Milan
- Milan Hilton International
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Doubletree by Hilton Milan in the heart of Viale Certosa, northern Milan's essential business district, offers upscale hotel accommodations and modern amenities close to Fiera Milano Exhibition Center and Trade Fair Complex, only five minutes from the new Rho Fair Grounds and 10 minutes from the City Center. Our elegant hotel, convenient to major rail lines and autostrada, is only 30 minutes from Malpensa International Airport (MXP) and 30 minutes (25mi/15km) from Linate National Airport (LIN). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Venere, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Milan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.