“Great Place and Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camperio House Suites & Apartments

You added Camperio House Suites & Apartments to your Saves list
Camperio House Suites & Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Manfredo Camperio 9 | Corner Via Giulini, 20123 Milan, Italy (Centro Storico)   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #30 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Hong Kong, China
“Great Place and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited Camperio House for the second time after a very nice visit 2 years ago. But this time, I brought 4 other families with me, adding significantly to the logistics management! Stefano and Silvia worked tirelessly with me over email in the weeks before the trip organising the best combination of rooms/suites to match our requirements, even as they changed at the last moment with additional people coming and ultimately additional rooms becoming available. It could have been a nightmare and it was great.

When we got there, everything was ready and check-in was painless, and the rooms/suites were all very nice and beautifully presented. The main staircase, dating from something like the 13th century is fantastic, and the new larger restaurant serves a very nice breakfast, and leaves the old restaurant with the beautiful vaulted ceiling as a relaxing lounge area. And they also managed to provide 2 parking-spaces in the grounds for our two 9-seater minibuses.

I highly recommend this small hotel if you're looking for somewhere in the middle of Milan (just minutes walk from the Duomo and Teatro alla Scala) - it's a great place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Team_Camperio, Responsabile reception at Camperio House Suites & Apartments, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Keith R,

Thank you for choosing Camperio house as a point of reference for your trips to Milan.

We are happy to know you enjoyed the hotel, the attention that our staff has dedicated to you and the location.

We hope to have soon the pleasure of being able to welcome you again.

Camperio House

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Spacious and comfortable rooms with a unique and elegant style. The staff went over and beyond to help me and were so welcoming. Best location in Milan, right next to the Duomo. I will be staying here on every trip to Milan..

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Worldtrav,

First of all thanks for sharing your stay experience in our structure.

Your comments are extremely appreciated and are a motivation for the continuous improvement of our services.

We hope you will consider us again urge as a point of reference for your future trip to Milan.

Sincerely

Paisley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I booked to stay at this hotel late last year on our honeymoon only for us to be told upon arrival that our reservation was cancelled!!
We were not told prior to us arriving that our booking was cancelled but were advised when checking in that an “electrical fault” had occurred in a few rooms. We were offered a replacement hotel which was supposedly very central and near the metro. As this was our first time to Milan we did not know the area so had to take their word for it. To our surprise we were escorted into a taxi and driven to the outskirts of the city to a very pleasant hotel called Milan Suite Hotel, however this was nowhere near a metro station or the centre. Instead we had a 25 min bus ride to get the castle area which is the last thing we wanted on our honeymoon and are very disappointed with the service and lies we received from this hotel.
We have written to the hotel to complain about the misleading information but they have not responded or acknowledged this so obviously they do not care with improving their customer service in the future.
We booked this hotel following some very good reviews however, we would not recommend booking this hotel as you might not get a chance to stay here when you try and check in!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Schallbach, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed over a weekend in January 2014. The perfect, nice and quiet place in walking distance to all main attractions in Milano. Staff was very professional and helpful. Will choose it again next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Team_Camperio, Responsabile reception at Camperio House Suites & Apartments, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear D Q,

Thanks for the time you spent to leave this opinion on your recent stay.

We are pleased to read that you found a relaxing environment and that you appreciated the professionalism of the staff at the reception desk.

We will be happy to share these reviews with all the team and we hope to see you soon again at the Camperio House.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We have tried many hotels in Milan over many years. We have stayed twice at Camperio House. Rooms, location and staff are great. It does not feel like a hotel, more like an exclusive apartment house with great service, which we like.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear ClamMalte,

First of all thanks for sharing your stay experience in our structure.

As we are your point of reference in Milan we hope to welcome you again!

Sincerely

Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel looks fabulous on the website and had good reviews on TripAdvisor, which is why I booked it for a very special occassion, for my wife and I to spend 4 nights in romantic Milan. I booked well in advance through Expedia and recieved written confirmation of my booking stating I need do nothing else. You can imagine my surprise when 3 days before arriving, the hotel sent me an email stating that unless I give them my credit card details within 7 hours the booking will be cancelled.

Unfortunately I did not see the email until the following day. I sent my credit card details in an email (not something I generally do but this was important). However because I did not reply to the email in time they cancelled the first nights booking and offered me the other three! By now it was the afternoon before I was due to fly! They tell me the reason for the cancellation is that my supplied card details of several months earlier did not work. I cannot confirm this because despite asking they have failed to give me the details of the credit card they alleged they used. Fortunately I managed to book the superb Palazzo Segreti, which was absolutely fabulous so my romantic weekend was saved.

I have never experienced such poor customer service that was oblivious to the plight they left me in and the stress of finding alternative accommodation at such short notice. The email exchange between us showed no remorse and has left me extremely angry to be treated in such a poor manner. Using an excuse that they had to protect their income as they had the chance of a one night booking for our room is a very poor. They actually lost a 4 night booking and have this very poor review, all for the sake of a phone call, which would have sorted out any problem, if there was one to be sorted, rather than sending an email giving such a ridiculous short notice period to reply.

I am now pleased I did not stay at this place because I was treated so badly on this matter I am sure poor customer care and service would be endemic in the management of the hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jefferson,

Thanks for the time you spent to leave this opinion on your experience.

We absolutely regret to learn about your disappointment concerning to our property and services.

The hotel reserves the right to verify the validity of the credit card provided for all the reservations, thing that we usually do when we receive reservations and, if the credit card doesn't work, we immediately send a private mail to the guest and to the provider of the service.

I'm very displease that you didn't checked your email in time but this is the only procedure to protect our incomes.

Remaining at your complete disposal, we hope to have another opportunity to gain your overall satisfaction

Best regards

Topsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here on my final night in Italy and this was by far the nicest room I had on my trip. The hotel is located within short walk of the Duomo and centro area as well as Brera. Its on a quiet side street and if you arent careful you will walk right past the entry since it looks more like a private residence than a hotel on the outside. The room I stayed in was immaculate and had a bedroom, sitting room with kitchen and amazing bathroom. I had also stayed a night in Milan at the beginning of my trip and regret that I did not stay here. The staff at the desk was informative and knowledgeable, the breakfast in the restaurant was very nice. It is a laid back apartment feel rather than a hotel feel. I would definitely stay again and recommend this as a great place to stay in Milan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Cyn1761,

Thanks for the time you spent to leave this opinion on your recent stay.

Camperio House

Been to Camperio House Suites & Apartments? Share your experiences!