This hotel looks fabulous on the website and had good reviews on TripAdvisor, which is why I booked it for a very special occassion, for my wife and I to spend 4 nights in romantic Milan. I booked well in advance through Expedia and recieved written confirmation of my booking stating I need do nothing else. You can imagine my surprise when 3 days before arriving, the hotel sent me an email stating that unless I give them my credit card details within 7 hours the booking will be cancelled.
Unfortunately I did not see the email until the following day. I sent my credit card details in an email (not something I generally do but this was important). However because I did not reply to the email in time they cancelled the first nights booking and offered me the other three! By now it was the afternoon before I was due to fly! They tell me the reason for the cancellation is that my supplied card details of several months earlier did not work. I cannot confirm this because despite asking they have failed to give me the details of the credit card they alleged they used. Fortunately I managed to book the superb Palazzo Segreti, which was absolutely fabulous so my romantic weekend was saved.
I have never experienced such poor customer service that was oblivious to the plight they left me in and the stress of finding alternative accommodation at such short notice. The email exchange between us showed no remorse and has left me extremely angry to be treated in such a poor manner. Using an excuse that they had to protect their income as they had the chance of a one night booking for our room is a very poor. They actually lost a 4 night booking and have this very poor review, all for the sake of a phone call, which would have sorted out any problem, if there was one to be sorted, rather than sending an email giving such a ridiculous short notice period to reply.
I am now pleased I did not stay at this place because I was treated so badly on this matter I am sure poor customer care and service would be endemic in the management of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CAMPERIO HOUSE, a residence of charm, situated only a few steps from the Duomo and the Castle Sforzesco, it offers a new concept in hospitality. It is the perfect choice for guests who wish to feel they reside at home in Milan, rather than merely stay in a hotel. The apartments, each with a special dignity, style and atmosphere, are divided into Executive, Deluxe and Corner. The director and staff of the residence are at your disposal to organize all the details of your stay in Milan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Camperio House Suites & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camperio House Suites & Apartments Hotel Milan
- Camperio House Suites And Apartments