“This is the place to stay in Milan!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camperio House Suites & Apartments

You added Camperio House Suites & Apartments to your Saves list
Camperio House Suites & Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Manfredo Camperio 9 | Corner Via Giulini, 20123 Milan, Italy (Centro Storico)   |
Ranked #40 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Topsfield, Massachusetts
“This is the place to stay in Milan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here on my final night in Italy and this was by far the nicest room I had on my trip. The hotel is located within short walk of the Duomo and centro area as well as Brera. Its on a quiet side street and if you arent careful you will walk right past the entry since it looks more like a private residence than a hotel on the outside. The room I stayed in was immaculate and had a bedroom, sitting room with kitchen and amazing bathroom. I had also stayed a night in Milan at the beginning of my trip and regret that I did not stay here. The staff at the desk was informative and knowledgeable, the breakfast in the restaurant was very nice. It is a laid back apartment feel rather than a hotel feel. I would definitely stay again and recommend this as a great place to stay in Milan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Team_Camperio, Responsabile reception at Camperio House Suites & Apartments, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Cyn1761,

Thanks for the time you spent to leave this opinion on your recent stay.

We are pleased to read that you found a relaxing environment and that you appreciated the professionalism of the staff at the reception desk.

We will be happy to share these reviews with all the team and we hope to see you soon again at the Camperio House.

Camperio House

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Warrnambool, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are booked in this hotel for three nights. The lass I. The desk when we arrived was helpful, and apologetic that our room wasn't ready, as it was just before check in time, so we left our bags and went out for a couple of hours. Most 4 star hotels would have organized to take the luggage up when the room was ready, but not so - no porter - the desk clerk helped yes take them up when we arrived back. We had understood from our travel notes, that there would be dinner available, but apoarently no longer. So we went out to a restaurant to eat and, on returning, found the place locked up at the main entry. We walked around the corner and were able to enter through the restaurant which was now apoarently open!! The man at reception said that we should have rung the front door bell, which we were not told about on leaving, and we had particularly discussed with him how to get into the hotel building, as it is only possible to enter the front door, within the complex, by using a swipe card. We had no idea that the main street entry would be locked up by 7.30 at night, and this is not opened by using your swipe card. Other than that, the room is lovely, with everything one would expect for a four star hotel, including a kettle to make a cup of tea, which is a nice find! And the wifi works well. Not sure about the bed or breakfast yet!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Team_Camperio, Responsabile reception at Camperio House Suites & Apartments, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear (nome utente),

Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to share your stay experience.

We are extremely proud that you appreciated the facilities of the room and the location of the structure.

Usually we bring the customer's luggage in the room so if your one were still at the reception is because your room was just been cleaned.

The restaurant is open from Monday to Friday from 7 AM to 3PM and, a part from some exceptions for private events, is closed during the evening.

Regarding the main entrance problem I apologize for the misunderstanding with the front desk operator, we'll be clearer when we explain the use of the access card.

We hope to welcome you soon again here at Camperio House.

Let us take this chance to extend the most cordial greetings

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for a short stopover in Milan. We almost didn't add Milan to our Italy tour but I'm really glad we did. The Hotel was perfectly situated and while a little on the high side of price, this is just seems to be normal for anything in this section of Milan

The hotel was great, breakfast fantastic, bed and room perfect. We stayed in a delux suite since the normal rooms were sold out .. but I would highly recommend it .

Also not to miss .. the little osteria restaurand across the street.

Room Tip: Not much of a view anywhere, so I would not bother with high floors or anything .. The main think...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Natandjaa,

Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to share your stay experience.

We are extremely proud that you appreciated our services.

We hope to welcome you soon again here at Camperio House.

Let us take this chance to extend the most cordial greetings

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We checked into the camperio house suites after some 28 hours of transit. I wasn't expecting anything except a comfortable bed to replenish for the night. However we were pleasantly surprised by the overall standard, locality and feel of the place. We weren't told until checking out that we'd also been upgraded to a vacant suite which was nice and above and beyond my expectations again. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend, however I would perhaps question security as after checking out and leaving baggage in reception with passports etc, we asked for them to be held and were assured they were to be put away. When we returned hours later they were still in the same place. I'm an over protective traveller but it pays to be cautious. :)

• Stayed September 2013
Team_Camperio, Responsabile reception at Camperio House Suites & Apartments, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear jesslaing,

Thank you for leaving this comment as a result of your stay at our hotel.

We are happy to know you enjoyed the hotel, the attention that our staff has dedicated to you and the location.

At the reception desk there's always an attendant that keeps everything under control, we know how much are important our customer's personal effects so we never leave them alone.

We hope to soon have the pleasure of being able to give welcome again.

Orange County
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Following the same review from previous trip advisor fellow (Matrix 02), my booking was cancelled on 9/4/13. Now mind you, I already booked this reservation since 6/20 paid for and confirmed via Expedia.
Camperio offered me alternatives hotel that is nowhere near Duomo (outskirt of Milan) and at cheaper price.
Luckily Expedia had the BEST customer service, they allowed me to choose hotel in the Duomo area with same star rating and compensate the difference in price + give me hotel coupon voucher for future use for the inconvenience. Huge shout out for their customer service, at least it gives me peace of mind with less than 2 weeks to go to my vacation.
But I definitely wouldnt stay at hotel that won't honor their reservation even though its already confirmed and paid for since 3 months ago !! Traveller beware

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My booking was just cancelled for an upcoming reservation in 3 weeks. I booked this through booking.com. The hotel informed me yesterday via email that my credit card was invalid (completely bogus as I have several reservations for the same trip on my AMEX). I did not get a chance to check my email and today they go ahead automatically cancel my reservation as I did not provide new details in the 24 hour period (perhaps they should realize its a long weekend in the US!). I called booking.com to inquire why my reservation was cancelled as my CC is fine and they contacted to the hotel only to discover that the hotel is now fully booked within 24 hours of informing me of a problem with my booking! Hmmm very sketchy. Stay somewhere else. I have numerous reviews in many countries and I have never had something like this happen to me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We originally booked through Hotels.com for a split stay of 2 nights each. Our first nights were in a beautifully appointed "Classico" room. Our second stay was through the hotel, with an upgrade to a gorgeous apartment at essentially the same cost as the online discount. In both instances the bathrooms were elegant and functional, the amenities top of the line, and space nicely laid out. The various staffer offered excellent advice on itineraries, access to trains, dining, shopping, etc. While we'd researched in advance and also had local recommendations, the staff tips were invaluable. The site adds to the experience as one slips into a classic Milanese courtyard. The central location was perfect and we would return in an instant.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly as you may be able to negotiate a better rate/room than a discount servic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Camperio House Suites & Apartments? Share your experiences!