Two couples were recently in Milan for one night before flying back to the US following a 2 week vacation in France and Italy. We arrived on the train and took an inexpensive cab ride to the hotel. We arrived early but Stephano directed us to a place for lunch and kept our bags. When we returned he had upgraded us to nicer rooms and got us situated. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are very nice. The bathrooms are spacious as well. The location is very central. Stephano made dinner suggestions and booked us a car to Malpensa airport for early the next morning.
We had a half day tour with a local company that happened to be right up the street from the hotel. The rooms were stuffy so we turned on the AC so that the room would cool down when we returned from our tour. In fact, Stephano even went with our friend to his room as the AC didn't seem to be working and reset the tripped fuse. After our tour and dinner we returned to the hotel to find that our rooms had not cooled off at all. We were told by the young woman at the desk that the AC had been turned off on Oct. 18 in the entire building and that there was nothing they could do about it. We ended up opening windows and the room cooled off around 2am. When we got up at 5:30am for our flight we were covered in mosquito bites. I chose this hotel based on the reviews from Trip Advisor and because their own website claimed that each room has AC and individual controls. Additionally the website says the rooms have wifi and we were never able to access the wifi.
This hotel is lovely. I can not give it a 5 star rating because of the AC issue. It should be noted that the AC is only available from May to October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CAMPERIO HOUSE, a residence of charm, situated only a few steps from the Duomo and the Castle Sforzesco, it offers a new concept in hospitality. It is the perfect choice for guests who wish to feel they reside at home in Milan, rather than merely stay in a hotel. The apartments, each with a special dignity, style and atmosphere, are divided into Executive, Deluxe and Corner. The director and staff of the residence are at your disposal to organize all the details of your stay in Milan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Camperio House Suites & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camperio House Suites & Apartments Hotel Milan
- Camperio House Suites And Apartments