“twice there and always so glad!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Althea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milan
Althea
You added Althea to your Saves list
Via Ozieri, 20129 Milan, Italy   |
Ranked #7 of 224 Milan B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
varazze
“twice there and always so glad!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had already been there two years ago, I had written a review but I had not been able to confirm..my fault! First time it was summer, quite hot..and so good havin air conditioning. This time it was...rainy... The room is very confortable, the first morning I had to leave very early and the owner was so kind and left a tray with a very good breakfast. The second day I enjoyed a slow perfect breakfast in the elegant dining room. Fresh fruit salad, fresh bread, homemade jams... I truly do recommend this place. only one room so book in advance.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
napoli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

In the busy Milan city this B&B , situated at short distance from the center, is calm , elegant and comfortable . We went there by chance , and ... what a nice surprise !. Very good breakfast , air conditioning , plenty of space . Personnel may give you , if required, useful advices and suggestions . I recommend it not only for job but also for holiday trips .
Do not forget to taste the fresh fruit and homemade jam

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have just returned from a trip to Italy during which we stayed at Beatrice's accommodation. To say it is a "B&B" would be an injustice - it was like a small apartment with a large bedroom, en-suite bathroom and charming sitting room. Independent access was a bonus. It is very tastefully decorated and has provisions for making drinks (with biscuits provided) + WIFI access. The location is perfect with great access to the airport and city centre.
Beatrice is a lovely person and most interesting to speak with. She was so helpful with travel, tickets etc. and we had lovely breakfasts served on her very pretty terrace.Her two companions, Ned and Sofia (little dog and cat) are delightful.
All in all the experience was great and if we ever visit Milan again we shall certainly head for Althea!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

just come back from a three nights stay at Althea with an American friend. An Italian colleague had suggested we'd be happy there, and we were! Hot weather in Milan, but well working air conditioning. Quiet, nicely decorated and well equipped room. Very good italian breakfast: fresh bread, homemade jam, fresh fruit...and the owners so helpful with everything we asked them. We hope to be back soon, thankyou!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at Althea in June and had a perfect stay. Lovely apartment with a comfortable and large bedroom, equipped with all you need , including AC and WiFi, a private bathroom and access to the sitting room. Everything is very clean and tastefully decorated. Althea is situated in a nice, safe and quiet neighborhood with good connections to the city center (buses, tram, S-train), where you’ll get in 10 min.
But what made me feel like home was the very welcoming host, Beatrice. She is very friendly, knowledgeable and willing to help you in any way. She helped me to make plans for the things and places I wanted to visit, gave me directions and advice, reserved for me train tickets and even a ticket for Arena in Verona (she even checked for me the weather forecast).
Beatrice prepares a delicious breakfast, which is served on a nice terrace. She provides also bottled water, necessities to make tea, coffee, biscuits, which was very nice.
I cannot mention the two lovely pets of Beatrice: Ned, a small dog and the cat-Sophia. You’ll meet them in the morning, without bothering you at all. In fact, maybe you’ll become friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Beatrice was an absolutely wonderful host, and it was a pleasure getting to know her. I felt like she went beyond what most B&B proprietors would do to help a guest enjoy, and deal with some of the intricacies of, Milan and Lombardy. The room was large, spotless, and had plenty of amenities (AC, WiFi, TV, desk workspace, travel books, coffee, cookies, closet space and hangers, good lighting, a big window, etc.). The terrace breakfast was delicious and included good coffee and lots of fresh fruit. I appreciated that she was accommodating about breakfast times so that I could eat early on days I attended my conference but sleep in on the weekend after enjoying a night out. I really liked the neighborhood as well. It is an elegant, safe, and quiet residential area walking distance to the city center and accessible via train and bus (and Milan has great public transportation). I found some amazing dining options in the area- including a restaurant around the corner and a lively happy hour- that were cheaper than food closer to the center. I stayed about a week at the B&B Althea, and it felt like a home away from home within a few days. I most definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Milan, and I will try to stay there again when I return.

• Stayed June 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was in Milan for few busy days and discovering this B&B has been a breakthrough. Lovely house, spacious bedroom and a pretty terrace, I really felt at home - and better - thanks to the wonderful care of the host, Beatrice . The location was convenient and the room is very peaceful as tucked in a quiet road but close to convenient public transport. HIghly recommended

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Althea? Share your experiences!