“Modern hotel, comfortable room, excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #49 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Maastricht, The Netherlands
“Modern hotel, comfortable room, excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

We went to Milan (first time visitors) in April and decided to stay in the Crowne Plaza Milan City hotel. We stayed in the hotel for two nights.
The superior room is very beautiful, modern, spacious and clean. Especially the bathroom is a gem. The hotel location is superb: walking distance to the train station, the metro station is even next to the hotel.
We liked the food in the hotel restaurant, not much to choose on the menu, but the food was tasty. The hotel and rooms are very clean and the staff is friendly and helpfull. The coffee and tea facilities in the room are an extra bonus.
Though the hotel is located near a busy street we didnt hear any traffic noise in the room (and our room was located at the front). We will definately stay in this hotel again if we go back to Milan.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

We got this hotel from priceline bidding and with a fantastic price. Having a slightly tainted experience from our stay in Venice and Rome (encountered 1 unpolite staff at each place), we were surprised with the friendly and professional front desk staff.

He was on duty for the 2 out of 3 days which we were there and it felt really pleasant to have friendly hotel staff greet you everytime we entered the hotel.

The room was perfect as we were upgraded to a room on the 9th floor. We were initially assigned a smoking room, and i asked to change to a non-smoking room.
We didn't have take the breakfast as cold crossiants and cold meats (seemed like a local norm) weren't our cup of tea.

The hotel was right beside the metro and just a 15mins ride to the Duomo. We even went back to the hotel in the afternoon, to drop off our shopping buys. :)

On our last morning to catch a train to Cinque Terre, we bought lunch (Takeaway) at the deli beside the hotel and liked the food :) Btw, there're hardly eating places around the hotel over the weekend we were there, so we have to take a short trip to other areas for meals.

Btw, if you plan to view the Last Supper Painting at the Cenocolo, do call them to make advance reservation. the reservations are booked like 2 months in advance.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I booked this hotel blindly because everything was so expensive in the center of Milan, and all I knew was that the hotel was literally ten steps away from the Sondrio metro stop (Line 3).

I entered the hotel and was immediately greeted by the front desk staff. They checked me in very efficiently and quickly. In fact, every time I entered or left the hotel, someone always acknowledged me. They were very friendly.

I walked around the front and took the elevator up to my room. The hallway was very dark and modern. The entry system was electronic, and you put the key into the slot on the wall next to the door (chip side up) and the door unlocks.

Once inside the room, I was impressed by the decor. There were two twin beds in the room, which were fairly comfortable. The room size was a bit small, but the room is in Europe. The were a lot of light switches in the room - by the door and next to the bed. The only thing I didn't like is that the main light was too bright when I just wanted to chill in the room and not seem like I was in an office.

There were only a few English-speaking channels, but I found a few Italian music channels that I listened to instead. The television was a flat-panel mounted on the wall above the desk. The cool thing with the television is that you can play the sound in the restroom. It was good to find the music channels and listen to it in the restroom while getting ready.

The bathroom was really nice. The shower had both a hand-held device as well as a rain shower head. Both systems are independent of each other. The towel warmer (I never understood how to use it but I love warm towels) was at the other end of the tub. The shaving mirror had a very modern look to it, but it wasn't anti-fog. So if you shave after you shower like I do, you have to wait. There are available toiletries, shampoo, bath gel, and lotion, but all these have a foil seal on them when you untwist the top. Make sure you take care of this before stepping into the shower. There were also bath robes available.

The room was also equipped with an iron and ironing board that folded up neatly into the closet.

The mini bar was tucked away next to the closet, as well as the safe. This was all nestled beneath the counter with the coffee pot and glasses.

I checked out the spa and gym on the 9th floor, and everything was well kept. There's restrooms up there, towels, water, and a hot and dry sauna. It overlooks the city, so it's a nice view when working out.

If you're arriving into Milan Central Station, it's just a short ten minute walk away. But the convenience of the subway is even better! I bought a 24-hour metro pass for only 3-euros that was well worth the money.

The internet is a bit strange. There are two computers next to the front desk, but you have to ask the staff for a username and password. I used the computer for an hour at a rate of 2-euros. I don't remember the other rates, but it was fairly inexpensive - especially the Wi-Fi offered in the rooms.

There wasn't an ATM machine in the hotel, but across the street on the corner is a local bank.

Overall, my experience at this hotel was great. For business or for pleasure, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
STL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

really nice hotel. Pretty new and designed well.

The bathroom is fantastic, enough space in the standard room. Well thought-through with lights, TV, use of the space.

When things go well, there is not much to write about, so I will summarize that I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Munchen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Great Hotel. Good service, very design and spacious rooms. Very nice bathrooms and overall very new and design hotel. Breakfast is okay, metro just outside and safe and spacious parking lot just behind the hotel. We loved it!

• Stayed May 2009
Cologne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

I was invited so I can't say anything about the price. The room was specklessly clean and tidy, and I particularly liked the fact the floor wasn't carpeted. The room was very small, though. On the service side, everyone was friendly and helpful, but the airco didn't work (which was a nuisance). As we were only there for two nights, we didn't bother about it, so again, can't say whether they would have been able to repair it immediately or not. The hotel is located DIRECTLY next to a metro station, you literally walk out of the hotel and into the station, which is really convenient. It's about 3 or 4 stops into the city centre - and only a couple of minutes walk to the main station. Skipped the hotel breakfast so I can't say anything about that, either - but generally enjoyed my short stay there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

I stayed here recently for one night on a business trip so did not get to use all the facilities this hotel has to offer - namely the fitness centre on the 9th floor. I used their meeting rooms on the first floor which were large but did not use any of the AV equipment there.
The hotel itself is a 10 minute walk from the central train station but a metro ride to the centre ( Duomo area ). Check-in was quick and easy. At the time of my stay the air conditioning wasn't working in my room - I was told by reception that the entire system wasn't working - yet it was in the meetings rooms. The rooms themselves are well appointed with a wall mounted plasma screen. Bathrooms are clean and spacious.
Breakfast buffet is fine too.
All in all a very good hotel and would definately stay here again and would also recommend to business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Milan City? Share your experiences!