“Absolutely Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antico Palazzo

Antico Palazzo
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stresa
Antico Palazzo
You added Antico Palazzo to your Saves list
Viale Siemens 1, 28838 Stresa, Italy   |
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Stresa
“Absolutely Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2003

I had the pleasure of spending 10 days this summer at Antico Palazzo.
This is the most beautiful villa, or palace, I have ever seen. My room overlooked Lake Maggiore, and upon the beautiful gardens and sturgeon swimming in the fountain on their breathtaking property. Massimo and Natalie treated my girlfriend and I, and the other guests as well, as if we were family. They are extremely accommodating; served up excellent food, creative alcoholic concoctions; and recommended off the beaten path restaurants that were fantastic. The villa itself is like a museum; unbelievable in its enormity, architecture, paintings, statues, and just interesting curiosities. Having drinks and/or breakfast on the patio was absolutely wonderful, and had me debating giving up my 9-5 in New York City. The most amazing part of the stay were the thunderstorms; absolutely beautiful lightning, lighting up the sky; believe it or not, they were very romantic...thank god I had my girlfriend to hide under the covers with. :) I absolutely recommend Antico Palazzo to anybody; it was as beautiful as it was romantic.
Don't miss out on this gem!

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2003

My stay at Antico Palazzo on Lake Maggiore was more magical than I could ever have expected. The beautiful villa has an amazing view of the lake. My favorite part of staying at this fantastic villa, was having breakfast on the balcony overlooking Lake Maggiore and adorable town of Stresa. Mossimo & Natalie were the most gracious, attentive and warm hosts any person could ask for. And for someone who was on her first trip through Italy, they provided an enormous amount of great advice to help me on my travels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2003

I have always dreamt of going to Italy and staying in a beautiful Villa, but I never would have expected how incredible my experience would be. Antico Palazzo is truly a Dream Place, it doesn't get any better, but the couple that runs it hands on, is just the loveliest couple, most accommodating, knowleadgable, super-super wonderful people... They gave me and my Husband a week to remember.... Beverly

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2003

My wife and I just returned from a magnificent week at this magical place. Massimo and Nathalie have the most fabulous villa, and they treated us, as one would treat their best friends from abroad! Upon passing through the gates at the base of their 10 acre property, we were thrilled by the gardens, statuary and fountains let alone the artistically paved winding drive. The Palazzo itself is furnished with museum quality art, both on canvas, statue and furniture. Our room overlooked Lago Maggiore and was well appointed and extremely comfortable with an amazing array of custom built cabinetry and storage space, to accomodate the least practical of packers, or most avid shoppers of the finery found in surrounding towns and villages to which our hosts directed us. Their recommendations on sites to dine were great. We will certainly look for reasons to return to Antico Palazzo.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2003

I had the pleasure of staying at the Palazzo in March 2003 and fell in love.

The owns are a young couple that are dedicated to providing a magical experience for guest. The accomodation are beyond anything at the five star level.

It was the best vacation experience of my life.

I've been to 40 countries and always stay in five star hotels, but nothing compares. The grounds, the rooms, the facility and the incredible dedication to customer service is superb.

I shall return.

Been to Antico Palazzo? Share your experiences!