Your first view is that of flower covered balconies, beautiful stained glass and grand entrances as if out of the golden age movies. The hotel is decorated in the 1920's style including a grand foyer. Although the outdoor pool is very nice and is surrounded by flowers and nice foliage, is the indoor pool which is breathtaking, looking like a cavern it also has a built in jacuzzi with seating for relaxation. The pool floor has shells, starfish and seahorses covered cleverly by an epoxy which simulates the sea. They also have a very comprehensive spa facility. The rooms are nice although not breathtaking but the location more than makes up for it. Must be careful with the side rugs as they are extremely slippery. Everything is within walking distance and the lake is right in front. Breakfast was extensive and waiters were happy to bring a cappuccino or double espresso. I would definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive Turn-of-Century 6-story Hotel in garden setting on shores of Lake Maggiore, facing Borromean Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Regina Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regina Palace Hotel Stresa
- Regina Palace Stresa, Italy - Lake Maggiore