Impressive building with beautiful gardens and lawns. The hotel is of another era, but has been maintained to its original Victorian grandeur.
Our room (no 421) had a lovely view of the lake with a small balcony. There outdoor chairs to sit on bit it was a bit of a squeeze to get into them. The bed was quite firm but comfortable.
The spacious marble Bathroom felt as if it had been recently updated. There was a large separate shower, with fixed head, in addition to a spa bath. Fantastic water pressure! Only criticism was that the toilet was is an awkward position.
The Sporting Club on the -1 level has to been seen to be believed. It consists of a semi-underground pool that has been deigned to make you feel like you are in a cave. There are several saunas and cubicles where ice drops from the side of the "cave".
There is also a huge separate outdoor pool in the gardens out the back of the hotel together with a tennis court.
There are many exquisitely decorated ballrooms, and hallways - it's fun exploring the vast hotel premises and grounds. Breakfast in the large ornate dining area facing the lake is a memorable event - but it is packed with older European tour groups.
- Also Known As:
- Regina Palace Hotel Stresa
- Regina Palace Stresa
- Regina Palace Hotel
- Regina Palace Stresa, Italy - Lake Maggiore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctive Turn-of-Century 6-story Hotel in garden setting on shores of Lake Maggiore, facing Borromean Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Splendia, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Regina Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.