Very very good hotel!!! But unfortunately its best times have gone. Cannot say excellent as for the hotel 5*lusso (luxuary) ther were some details which have spoiled the overall impression.
1) During three nights stay I could not manage them to leave the ash tree on the table on the balcony instead of bringing it inside.
2) very difficult to turn on TV and choose canal wanted to look.
3) Dirty water when we first etnetered as there were almost no other guests.
4) No free internet in rooms and very bad and difficultly connected one in lobby
5) During the dinner I had to give back pasta and fish dish, as they were not eatable: pasta cherry sauce was too fluid and was not tasty, fish was without any grain of salt, but vegetables and the sauce were great.
6) My spoon was spoiled with a stain and was not shining as others on the table.
7) Along with experienced service stuff there were some which were starting and had to be studied before being allowed to serve in such a hotel and restaurant. Once we were asked twice
what coffee we prefer at the breakfast another time they brought coffee right at the beginning of the breakfast.
8) furniture needed to be repaired, lights in the room were not working correctly.
I would like to mention once more: all these are details which are to be correct in a 5* hotel and just make the hotel very very good instead of making it perfetto!!!
All the rest was excellent and I would like to come back especially with hope to see all those bad details recovered!
Great hotel, helpful staff, great location and park, real old fashioned atmosphere!
Unfortunately has it best times in past............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxe and tradition; since 1863 the Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees is the place to stay while visiting the Maggiore Lake area. The builing, the public areas and the rooms feature all modern conforts while still keeping the same belle epoque atmosphere. The park is decorated with statues, fountains and rare plants and the view from the rooms and the restaurant is spectacular. The Medical SPA of the Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees is one of the first in Italy and can offer aesthetic treatments combined with a personalized diet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Stresa
- Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees Stresa, Italy - Lake Maggiore