Restaurant Verbano is a short (10 minute) boat trip from the mainland villages of Stresa or Baveno, and we ate there on a beautiful May evening. The island itself is known both as Isola Superiore, and Isola Pescatori (Island of the Fishermen). Sitting on the outdoor terrace of the restaurant, there are stunning views across to the mainland, and the neighbouting island of Isola Bella with its architectural charms.
As you might expect from the name of the island, fish features strongly on the menu, although most of it seems to be seafood and seafish , rather than being sourced from the lake. Nevertheless, eating fine food alfesco on a warm early summer evening, accompanied by excellent Italian wines, Verbano is a very pleasant place to be, and well worth the trip from the mainland.
Verbano is also a hotel, but once you have have explored the narrow alleys and architecture of the island, there is little else to do there so I wouldn't recommend booking in for a week! I would however strongly recommend a visit to the island, and a meal in Verbano, and if I am ever in the area again, I will certainly do so. Water taxis run on demand from Stresa and Baveno. I believe the island and its restaurants get very busy on summer weekends (as does the whole of the Italian Lake area), so I think midweek in May we struck it about right.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Ristorante Verbano Hotel
- Albergo Ristorante Verbano Stresa
- Albergo Ristorante Verbano Hotel Stresa
- Albergo Ristorante Verbano Stresa, Italy - Lake Maggiore
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Albergo Ristorante Verbano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.